Covid-19 News

• Some news about China from Taiwan: To fight the major corona outbreak in the north of China (officially all Russian immigrants...) a large experienced team of Wuhan doctors etc. has been deployed into the region. Despite having only 12 new cases/this day .. the forbidden town of Peking has strict access rules. Running only at 5% capacity. The children have to wear masks in class rooms. This to fight the risk of 1/1000'000'000 sick person is within them.

When will the West force China to properly report corona infections again ??

(Here a somewhat older western reference: https://www.theepochtimes.com/…wave-worsens_3323029.html )

Research says that (long term average) 1 micro gram less 2,5ppm particles in Manhattan air would have saved 248 lives. Pollution seems to be correlated with other epidemics too. This fact is known since SARS! Why is nobody protesting for better air??

https://www.asbmb.org/asbmb-to…people-more-vulnerable-to

Australia did also ask for a detailed report about the virus origin. Chinas answer: We stop buying your iron/coal...

Based on this reaction we can be 100% sure they know what we know too, but don't like to hear the answer.

I just noticed that some India newspapers (indiatimes.com reporting critically about China) cannot be read from Europe...

• your big city views are showing. In most of the small towns I lived in, the gas station was also the grocery store.

That was a different story. I meant that ordinary gas stations did not sell pizza and hot dogs, the way Quik Trip does. Which, I must admit, are tasty. I do like hot dogs!

I was used to small towns in my youth and formative years, especially Fairfield and Gettysburg, PA, Emmitsburg, MD, and Kuka, Oshima, Yamaguchi Pref. They are large enough to have the gas station separate from the grocery store.

• When will the West force China to properly report corona infections again ??

First, there is no evidence the Chinese are not properly reporting infections. If they are, they are no worse than the state of Georgia, which seems incapable of counting infections or dead people. The Georgia numbers keep changing, always for the worst. China is a communist dicatorship but nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Most facts do emerge from China eventually. If they were suppressing very large numbers of cases, we would find out. Public pressure in China has forced them to re-evaluate and increase the numbers from time to time. That is why there are spikes in the daily totals.

Second, the West has no influence over China. No country can force them to do anything, any more than other countries can force the U.S. to do things. China and the U.S. are superpowers.

• Wuhan Medrxiv paper..

HCQ effect on critically ill patients.

n=520,(-HCQ) n=48 (+HCQ).. Feb1 - Apr8

HCQ Dose = 200 mg HCQ BD for 7-10 days

both survival (81% versus 54%) and days until death??

were significantly increased

(p<0.001 P=0.021)

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…04.27.20073379v1.full.pdf

Therefore, hydroxychloroquine should be considered as a primary option

to apply to treat critically ill COVID-19 patients,

.. hydroxychloroquine should also be an option for early stage of patients

• Tutorial on biochemistry/physiology to support the contention that

Covid-19 is a disease that causes massive inflammation of the endothelium..

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Endothelium ? The inner lining of blood/lymph vessels

which has a total surface area of 4000-7000 sq. meters!!!!!

perhaps less in older people with atherosclerosis...

Vitamin D has a protective effect on endothelium

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7071424/

• Two new preprints indicate that some common drugs may be anti-Covid-19 --

The following preprint proposes that Covid-19 hijacks cellular growth and inflammation signaling --

Dysregulation in mTOR/HIF-1 signaling identified by proteo-transcriptomics of SARS-CoV-2 infected cells

EXCERPT: "Among the most significantly upregulated pathways ... were pathways associated with cell proliferation and apoptosis, such as ErbB, PI3K-Akt, HIF-1, and mTOR signaling, and pathways that are related to innate immune responses such as TNF, NOD-like receptor (NLR) and RIG-I signaling ... Since all the top identified pathways converge at mTOR signaling, we wanted to investigate whether SARS-CoV-2 infections indeed change expression of critical effector molecules of the mTOR/HIF-1 signaling pathway, namely 4E-BP1, S6K1 and HIF-1α. The mTOR pathway is involved in various biological functions and several viruses hijack this pathway to promote their own replication in different ways ...

Our data indicate a role of mTOR/HIF-1 in the cellular response to the SARS151 CoV-2 infection, suggesting that drugs blocking this pathway could be possibly repurposed for COVID-19 patients"

The suggested repurposed drugs to block ErbB, PI3K-Akt, HIF-1, and mTOR signaling and pathways

are shown in the last figure on page 21. I believe that some nutraceuticals could also work,

e.g., the flavonoid fisetin inhibits mTORC1/C2.

https://www.biorxiv.org/conten…0.04.30.070383v1.full.pdf

Another interesting new preprint --

Broad-spectrum antiviral activity of naproxen: from Influenza A to SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus

https://www.biorxiv.org/conten…0.04.30.069922v1.full.pdf

• Official Post

With this stipulation from the author of this article:

"In the unlikely scenario that people saw a full reopening as a "return to normal" and as a result voluntarily chose to relax their own social distancing practices, behaving like they did on Feb. 1, 2020, then cumulative national deaths would reach 950,000 by June 30, the report projected. Job losses would turn to a net positive of 4.1 million jobs gained, which would erase some of the job losses before May 1"

There will not be a "return to normal" for the foreseeable future, so he is wrong and has to recalculate after factoring that in. People are aware, so that is just not going to happen. Yes, we will get a little complacent, but only in areas we know are safe to let our guards down.

At some point you have to trust the people have a strong survival instinct, and "let her rip".

• Official Post

I've been away for a while, and have scanned all 169 pages of this thread. Woah. It's a bit much to interiorize, and the recommendations of drugs keeps changing. There's just too many unknowns at this time.

This is a state of California graphic from our department of health https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Progra…mmunization/ncov2019.aspxCA_COVID-19_May1.png

The governor of our state has done a tremendous job managing the situation, and enlisted help from all the smart people in the Bay area. When the Federal government (Washington D.C.) sent California broken breathing machines, he got a silicon valley company to fix them up. Luckily, stay-at-home orders have flattened the curve enough, and we will be loosening up allowing some stores and restaurants to open in a few days, with limited capacity and/or outdoor seating. We have to wear masks in all indoor places.

Of course, that is going to give a bump in the sickness, but I am guessing it's something the hospitals can handle. Our economy is wrecked, and without financial assistance, people are compelled to go back to work, no matter what. There's little coming from the US government for assistance to working people. Each state in the US is pretty much on their own for testing, and that's the one thing California is missing.

Here's the update from my neck of the woods. I live in a rural area of northern California along the Pacific ocean known for salmon, Redwood trees, and pot. My county of about 140,000 people have only 24 ventilators total. But now I understand that ventilators are being used less, as they have not been as helpful as once thought. Is that true?

For my little area:

QUOTE  https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2020/may/1/may-1-2020-no-additional-cases-confirmed-today/

Humboldt County’s COVID-19 case count remains at 54 as no additional cases were confirmed today.

The following information is based on the most recent data available for all confirmed cases:

• Contact to a Known Case: 23
    • Travel-Acquired: 20
    • Community Transmission: 10
    • Under Investigation: 1
    • Positive cases by region:
      • Northern Humboldt: 9
      • Greater Humboldt Bay Area: 42
      • Southern Humboldt: 3
    • Males: 44%
    • Females: 56%
    • Mean age: 45

A total of 2,309 county residents have been tested for COVID-19 since the outbreak began. Humboldt County’s testing rate of 1,674 per 100,000 residents is higher than the estimated state rate of 1,566 per 100,000. The estimated national rate is 1,919 per 100,000 people.

The rate of confirmed cases in the county stands at 40 per 100,000 residents, with the state rate more than triple that at an estimated 126 cases per 100,000. The estimated U.S. rate of confirmed cases is 325 per 100,000 people.

END QUOTE

I am figuring I'll get sick sometime, and my plan is massive dosing of Vitamin C early on before the virus has a chance to spread in my body. I will also breath steam and hope that it might wreck the virus in my nose and throat, along with lots of hot teas and soups. Plus, a daily drink of tonic water gives my about 7 mg of quinine, so that can't hurt either! I walk my dogs a lot at the beach, so I feel like I get plenty of sun and thus Vitamin D. I am focusing on the placebo effect here! I will survive. I need to live to make one more documentary movie!

What would be really nice is if we could have an announcement on a cold fusion breakthrough after this, and start re-tooling with our new energy source. I love to see the animals in the streets, and less pollution everywhere. Sadly it seems few labs have been able to continue, given the global lockdown. I wish that all the scientists will stay safe and live to see a new energy technology emerge.

• Official Post

What would be really nice is if we could have an announcement on a cold fusion breakthrough after this, and start re-tooling with our new energy source. I love to see the animals in the streets, and less pollution everywhere. Sadly it seems few labs have been able to continue, given the global lockdown. I wish that all the scientists will stay safe and live to see a new energy technology emerge.

Amen to that. Coming out of this pandemic, I think it might be a good time to remind the planet, that if we achieve LENR those skies could stay clear. My gosh, they have been beautiful, or is that just me?

• This if from a friend's daughter, around 35 years old, with three children, an R.N. ICU nurse about three years out of training, who never could have dreamed of what she would be doing. This is common. This brings me to tears. No civilian should have to undergo this sort of warfare environment and stress- and this is San Diego with a relatively slow growing case curve and death curve:

"

I just spent another 12 hour shift in the Covid ICU at my hospital, my home base. 12 hours spent with my coworkers, who are some of the bravest, hardest working people I have ever known. They never stop.

Our time spent running from one patient to another for intubations, bronchs, emergently moving decompensating patients from the floors to the ICU, hanging vasopressors to keep their blood pressure up, CRRT, proning and supining patients, carefully donning and doffing our dwindling supply of PPE.... The list goes on and on.

We run. For 12 hours at a time, we run. Though, at times, it feels as if we are moving in slow motion through a trauma that has no end in sight. We are overwhelmed and emotionally drained.

The stress we feel is palpable.

I heard someone say today that we are not front line workers anymore. Rather, we are working behind enemy lines; surrounded on all sides with the enemy closing in us. This is how is feels anyway.

We are not prepared

We are not safe

We are tired

We are not okay

Many of us are alone. Isolated from our children, family, friends and loved ones. Scared of passing on the virus that we are fighting against.

When you ask us how we are doing, we will tell you "okay." But okay is a relative term.

We are not okay.

I do not write looking for sympathy, attention or praise. We really dont want it.

I write because it's my truth and I hope that it will remind you to reach out and love your healthcare worker family and friends with everything you have right now. We need it."

And from a different nurse in a different SoCal hospital:

"(today) We got our butts kicked. We filled up all of our negative airflow rooms today in all our ICUs. I wish I had better words and more info to share, but I'm just too tired to write something that is as well said....

I work with THE BEST group of nurses, MDs, Respiratory Therapists, CNAs, PTs, OTs, Rad techs, OR techs, and EVS! I can only say this day was doable because of you all! We will stick together, we will work our hardest to fight for our patients lives, we will win some and we will loose some but we will do it together all while providing compassionate care!"

--------------------------

The people who have been in medicine through epidemics and wars all will tell you: they have never seen anything like this. Not even close. They are still able to work at that stress level but for how long?

• rubycarat I can send you some chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine if you cannot obtain any supply there. Antiviral and immunosuppressive when it is needed at the cytokine storm stage. You couldn't design a better anti-COVID 19 biochemical, if taken with 200mg Zinc sulphate and either azithromycin or doxycycline. Other Anti Bat components can be found onlline.

• I work with THE BEST group of nurses, MDs, Respiratory Therapists, CNAs, PTs, OTs, Rad techs, OR techs, and EVS!

SoCal sounds better than parts of NY..hopefully NY is improving.

The propofol protocol sounds like pallaitive care to me..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As an observer from the UK it seems to me that in the USA each state is doing its own thing, kind of like individual countries. So some will do a better job and some a worse job.

But unlike individual countries the states do not have control over their borders to stop people and quarantine them.

So how critical is the cross border contamination issue likely to be to in the ability of the USA to control the virus?

Edit; having said that there is free movement in the EU area and they seem to be making progress on controling the virus.

• The importance of the method of using telemedicine teams to diagnose and treat patients has been understated since @Sot posted it before. This could be combined with track and tracing antibody testing at the same time as prescribing anti virals when appropriate. Since such records would be kept on a large database within time it would lead to a very large database for clinical trial of Anti Bat.

https://www.thierry.fr/wp-cont…rnal-manuscript-final.pdf

Abstract:

Abstract

Background: Telemedicine can facilitate patient’s assessment with initial flu-like

symptoms in the COVID-19 pandemic, moreover it promotes social isolation.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin are associated with reduction in COVID-19

patients' viral load. This study aims to assess whether empirical prescription of

hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for patients with suspected COVID-19 is

associated with less need for hospitalization Methods: A telemedicine team

evaluated suspected COVID-19 outpatients with flu-like symptoms, if no

contraindications were detected, treatment with hydroxychloroquine and

azithromycin was prescribed after consent from subjects. Patients were monitored

daily by telemedicine appointments.

• I would add Ivermectin for more serious cases that need to go to hospital. Also Quercetin is a "softer" - harmless alternative to HCQ for active prevention. In any case I would not give people antibiotics (azithromycin) unless tested positive or the symptoms are very clear.

And, may be, we should more deeply look at Nikotin as an ACE2 inhibitor as there are far less smokers affected than their percentage of population. As far as I remember the Wuhan figure was only 8% of total patients did smoke.

In France Nikotin patches were sold out shortly after the data has been published...

• Agreed about nicotine and ivermectin probably to be added if symptoms continued after taking HCQ, and quercitin is definitely a good idea with a low level of quinine supplied by tonic water (quercitin is generally good for the immune system but has no antiviral action according to the Nature paper). I have suggested Doxycycline as a safer alternative to Azithromycin as it has known cardioprotective properties and is probably as equally effective as an antiviral. But as you suggest antibiotics may only be necessary if a secondary pneumcoccus bacterial infection is suspected in a hospital setting. Personally I would take the whole lot of Anti Bat at once including the herbal you suggested, Sutherlandia, Angelica and maybe Nigella instead of Sceletium? Sceletium is a mood enhancer so gets you high but I couldn't find any antiviral effect although it might contain plant lectins like the tobacco plant. And Echnacea is out you think because it overstimulates the cytokine response?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.