The “Thunderstorm” reactor as another potentially easy to replicate, and very useful, possibly LENR device

• Measuring close to 0% CO2 and CO in The exhaust of an ICE IMHO is an anomaly, don’t you think?

LEN transmutations are the hypothesis to explain how this can happen, as potential sources of trickery have been discarded.

I have mentioned this line of skepticism before, but it would be very important to examine any humidity and accumulation of distillation in the Ranque-Hilsch vortex sphere. It is important to do an analysis after a long run time of the walls of that chamber and exhaust port. This should discredit the novel use of such an apparatus for carbon capture, but one shouldn't jump to conclusions of OU or nuclear events with out strong empirical evidence. Right?

So let's see the data of transmutation openly and then we can start bridging hypothesis with natures truth of the matter.
    That's just my two sats on the matter.

• As mentioned here - they are not really using a Ranque-Hilsch vortex. The illustrated RHVT is just some extra guff to distract people.

Well, that is puzzling then because there is no confirmed rotation of the cold side fluid and this gentlemen's diagram in the video is misleading.
    Now that I think about it though, I think the implied hypothesis is the rotation is of + and - charge electrostatically, like a Lord Kelvin generator.
    What is kind of funny, is I had a very lucid dream once of counter-rotating mediums once that I called the Multi-Potential Generator that converts in potential difference between fluid mediums into mechanical work or electrical power I have yet to put it onto paper or CAD as it will be a lot of work and I made a promise to myself that this fusion stuff takes priority. It's still kicking around in my head though ;)
    I am actually working on a vertical rotor/stator design to test magnetic contra-bearings design for it in the future, but I digress into fun little explorations of my imagination.
    Looks like Bob is getting to crack open an old THOR, we will see what the samples look like under SEM, that will be fun.

As most of us suspected there is crystalline deposits on the walls of the Thunderstorm chamber.
    Bob is doing a great job of filling everyone in and getting to the heart of the device I think.

This is a crude similarity to what occurs in Chemical Vapor Deposition I believe considering the various potential field vectors.

Potential differences in Heat, Pressure, and Electrical Charge could theoretically exist in this system.
    However, as a person who wishes to do progressive science, I don't want to jump to any LENR conclusions. The easiest person to fool is usually ourselves right?
    Still, like I have said before, this is a very promising novel way to solve the carbon capture problem affordably.

So my hats off to Mr. Bendall and I really appreciate he is maintaining openness and transparency for the world to see.
    If he or anyone connected to him is reading this, might I suggest sticking with the carbon capture narrative for now and just sharing your story with humility? It's wonderful to have faith, but sharing experiences and evidence is usually a better medium of communication I believe. I could be completely wrong though, and if so, would gladly admit it as it's like a shield of humility. As well as the sight of an eagle if you believe if one has faith in the philosophy? Tell your story and avoid the blame of "they" and "them" narrative in the scientific community. It does very little to add to the conversation and I believe many people are aware of the allure of self-aggrandizement and material gain. We never can truly know what another person has gone through or is going though
    Everyone is fighting a hard battle and one never knows what a person is going through.
    Who knows, he may get another shot at JRE with Mr. Carlson if we can come together as a community and put this novel technology through rigorous testing openly, to confirm or deny it's credibility.

Some of us are irritated by people who put strong faith behind how something works theoretically. This is the essence of meta-physics which has become a taboo word in most scientific communities from what I can gather.
    However, the exploration of meta-physics is still being practiced today in science from my point of view, and it's called Theoretical Physics. The language of "meta-physics" has certainly expanded in both depth and width over the years.
    I was raised by very "meta-physical" people though, so perhaps I am overly bias to comment on any of this.. 😅

• As most of us suspected there is crystalline deposits on the walls of the Thunderstorm chamber.
    Bob is doing a great job of filling everyone in and getting to the heart of the device I think.

Bob wanted to look at the residues in the natural gas generator exhaust pipe because of how he understands EVOs might be involved and looking for evidence of this. He found interesting structures that he thinks confirms the possibility of EVOs being produced.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Bob wanted to look at the residues in the natural gas generator exhaust pipe because of how he understands EVOs might be involved and looking for evidence of this. He found interesting structures that he thinks confirms the possibility of EVOs being produced.

You know what I think EVOs could be called in "mainstream physics"?
    Probably not, but I will tell you anyways... 😂
    Charged Particles, Excited Matter, Energized Space... list goes on.
    It's not the names that really matter, it's the actions they take that develop a complex character profile😉
    It is my hope if we can indeed potentially to influence "their" actions as a community, perhaps we can apply them to human cohabitation?

• A Thunderstorm Generator Skeptic.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A Thunderstorm Generator Skeptic.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not very impressed with his patronizing and oversimplified views. If he builds one and fails to reproduce the results claimed by others, I would be more impressed.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• To be fair, he did say he was only commenting in response to requests from subscribers. Or to be totally cynical (which I'm not), you could say he made that up as well.

The points he made were well informed and stated, though with ample attitude. Can these specific points be refuted?

* The UV lamp frequency and power are not sufficient to ionize air.

* The engine intake vacuum is not sufficiently powerful to create plasmoids from bubble cavitation

* The concentric tube "thunderstorm" device will not generate vortex flows from the pressures available.

• So what else might be happening in the Bendall device? I've been thinking about eletrostatic induction, as first demonstrated by Lord Kelvin's water dropper. There's a good description and demo by David Ricketts at 15:45 in:

High-voltage physics - with David Ricketts
    Through incredible demonstrations, David Ricketts deploys high-voltage science to explain how spark generators, ion-powered motors and aircraft work.Subscrib...
    www.youtube.com

According to the Wiki article, the apparatus is also known as Lord Kelvin's thunderstorm!

Could something similar be happening at the stone bubbler? Perhaps micro bubbles carrying charge away from the stone. What is it made of?

• Could something similar be happening at the stone bubbler? Perhaps micro bubbles carrying charge away from the stone. What is it made of?

Some "airstones" seem to be a type of wood. But wikipedia says:

Airstones are increasingly being made from bonded glass beads and synthetic products like fiberglass.

Note that the old explanation for how Lord Kelvin's thunderstorm works "doesn't hold water" - so there is yet another mystery there too.

On the Kelvin electrostatic generator - IOPscience

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• The UV lamp frequency and power are not sufficient to ionize air.

Does UV-light generate ozone? | UV Ozone Facts
    Does UV-light generate ozone? Yes, UV light can generate ozone, but only under certain circumstances. Read about UV ozone generation.
    steril-aire.com

Yes, UV light can generate ozone, but only under certain circumstances and wavelengths. Ozone generation from UV light typically happens below 240nm by interrupting the bond of oxygen molecules causing two separate oxygen atoms. These separate atoms then become attached to other naturally occurring oxygen molecules causing ozone or O3. It is important to know that within the vacuum UV or UVV level, between 100-200nm, that prime ozone generation will occur especially at the UV wavelength of 185nm

What wavelength range of lamp is being used?

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited 3 times, last by Frogfall ().

• It seems it is one of these:

So no ionisation.

It does, however, provide an excuse for running an electrical cable to the plumbing...

Edited 3 times, last by Frogfall ().

• I agree these are valid questions, and we all kind of agree that Bendall’s hypothesis of how this works don’t really hold much water, and I think he just got lucky that it somehow works. The intriguing part is that it seems to work, and this is what I prefer to focus on, if it does indeed work, then we can begin to ask “How?”

• The foil between the top reservoirs is not necessary... ;)

From: https://iopscience.iop.org/art…0.1088/0143-0807/10/2/008

They have found that the generator works well even if the two liquid streams originate from different electrically insulated reservoirs.

According to the "established" explanation, that is impossible.

The researchers have been scratching around to try and find another way to explain what is going on.

• Randal Carlson has a go at understanding how Thunderstorm

Generator works.

But says he has a long way to

go.

• Please keep in mind I wrote " I think the implied hypothesis is the rotation is of + and - charge electrostatically, like a Lord Kelvin generator." One could hypothetically see how there is electrostatic potential between the spheres. It doesn't necessarily mean there is.
    One would have to test that hypothesis and considering they are enclosed concentric spheres, that might be a little challenging. 🤔

This is necessary for a healthy scientific discourse in my opinion.

Perhaps this Lord Kelvin Thunderstorm Generator is a better demonstration as it shows charge separation effects and the transfer of electrostatically charged water to angular momentum around the inductors.

I enjoy this bit of science a lot and have done many of these experiments. The use of Triboelectric\Electret materials and strong dialectics is fascinating.
    One of my favorites was Oleg Jeffimenko's Electrostatic Corona Motor. I posted the experiment on Instagram if you are interested in seeing it.
    Of course Tesla experiments and designs are also fantastic, but I have yet to re-create this one ALTERNATE CURRENT ELECTRO-STATIC INDUCTION APPARATUS.

Great conversation in this thread everyone! Get's my brain juices flowing and my imagination ignited to create experiments.

• Jordan gives update on builds etc.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.