Brillliant Light Power Posts Demo Video

• Because, Axil, by scamming people, you get money and/or research grants. By preventing scams, most often, you get insulted, reviled, and even stalked. If you're very lucky you get some thanks, like I got for Sniffex and for warning Dick Smith about Defkalion.

• Because, Axil, by scamming people, you get money and/or research grants. By preventing scams, most often, you get insulted, reviled, and even stalked. If you're very lucky you get some thanks, like I got for Sniffex and for warning Dick Smith about Defkalion.

This scam prevention gig seems like a thankless task. You might consider it prudent to get out of that game; there does not seem to be any percentage in it.

• Cannot find it anywhere on the wabpages, which are usually known, for being serious about their content. So hydrinos are hypothetical. Every conclusion based on unproven statements is a stupid way to proceed, in whatever direction.

• NextBigFuture publishes all sorts of silly nonsense as fact. They have been ardent supporters of both Defkalion and Rossi. You don't see them backtracking now, do you? Articles on that web site mean absolutely nothing. It's just a better constructed version of pesn.com, formerly run by convicted child sexual abuser Sterling Allen who is now serving a 15+ year sentence in a high security prison.

• You mean why I think Nanospire is the work of whack jobs? It's all on the internet. Search maryyugo AND nanospire.

• Is Mills replicating the work done 100 years ago by Langmuir? How can Mills be sure that his new experiment is not a "Langmuir torch" with tungsten melt by a simple atomic hydrogen welding process?

Tungsten is dangerous (see Mizuno, W produces some nasty byproducts..). I hope he changes his electrode again. He used others before.

• From watching this show from Mills and his group before, I made a prediction: the results from bomb calorimetry would be underwhelming. I watched all this before and they claimed extreme gains using other methods but only a gain of 2 with the bomb calorimeter.

As it turns out, the present demo yields an energy gain of 3X (140J input and 440J output) using the bomb calorimeter. Using their spectroscopy data, they purport to show extreme gains (>100X).

When making extreme claims (new physics), I would trust the most conservative measure as opposed to less conservative measures. We have at best, a gain of 3 from the method. It would be trivial to make a mistake of this magnitude based on how and where input power is measured. But lets assume they did that right. If they did, then 300J would seem to be easily achievable by chemical effects alone.

My conclusion would be that there is no demonstrated anomalous gain based on the details given and the most conservative measurements.

• When making extreme claims (new physics), I would trust the most conservative measure as opposed to less conservative measures. We have at best, a gain of 3 from the method. It would be trivial to make a mistake of this magnitude based on how and where input power is measured. But lets assume they did that right. If they did, then 300J would seem to be easily achievable by chemical effects alone.

Calorimetry only works in a closed system where heat-conduction and radiation conversion is accounted for.

Mills measures the radiation of an open system. His target was to produce mainly radiation, which can indeed be measured correctly. It's all a matter of proper calibration.

In an other thread I linked the latest Stringham paper about sono-fusion. There you could also directly measure the amount of He4 instead of heat, because both (calorimetry and He4) show the equal amount of energy.

Did You see an actual paper with a closed system?

• Calorimetry only works in a closed system where heat-conduction and radiation conversion is accounted for.

All of the light emission would have been thermalized in the bomb calorimeter.

Did You see an actual paper with a closed system?

Does Mills have an actual paper? As far as I know, they have only presented the bomb calorimetry work in videos and with a blurb in a previous paper. I have not seen a proper paper. Sonofusion is not relevant to the Millsian purported process.

• My conclusion would be that there is no demonstrated anomalous gain based on the details given and the most conservative measurements

Well, that certainly does put to rest Dr. Mills's claims, and his pathological "science" approach

Thank your for your service

• Jack Cole
    The 3X includes energy needed to penetrate a sample, they can estimate the energy needed to do this and the remaining indicate a much higher COP. So these
    different tests are saying the same thing. It is possible to link them e.g. they know the amount of charge in both the open and closed experiments and energy needed
    to initiated is known in both (Much lower in the open test with no capsel).

@Keieueue I would argue that Mills theory is the sane theory and normal QM is the pathological one.

• You're welcome. Happy to help.

The Mills system is a pulsed system. Each pulse produces gainful power. The total energy output is reflective of the duty cycle that the system can achieve. IMO, with a lot of engineering, Mills can get that pulse rate up if he cools his electrodes. To stop the tungsten electrodes from eroding, Mills needs to get the electrode temperature down to 1000C after each pulse. This needs some imagination and some top of the line cooling methods to do. Mills has a long development process ahead of him.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.