Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• "But the power companies are careful to kill only poor people, and have been doing this since the 19th century, so they will not be held accountable"

The footprint of 20th century environmental destruction(externalities?) in the cause of cheap energy is larger than in the 19th century

" Radiation monitoring training activities were also performed with CFJ (Citizens for Justice) and the local communities in Kayelekera. CRIIRAD discovered hot spots in the environment of the mine and a high uranium concentration in the water flowing from a stream located below the open pit and entering the SERE river. Results that relate to the radiological monitoring of the environment performed by the company are kept secret."

https://antinuclear.net/2017/1…ronmental-mess-in-malawi/

• Do you what is the nature of its output - electrical power, light, heat, mechanical?

You speak of resistance of the device and a controller- since he claims the device is self sustaining, how is the output converted for their inputs to keep it running without external input of power?

You are missing a vital word in the first sentence,

Rossi has stated this demo will be only of total heat.

I haven't seen figures for how long the E-Cat QX can run in self sustain mode. That fact that it does for at least part of the time helps the high COP.

I spoke of measuring the voltage across a known resistor and measuring the power into the controller. The resistance of the reactor is not known except that it is very low.

I don't understand your last sentence. I think the answer is that it isn't.

• I don't understand your last sentence. I think the answer is that it isn't.

The bottom line on all this dialog is the desire to destroy Rossi and his technology using every possible verbal mechanism that ingenuity can produce. The unspoken motive is most probably based on personal money or ego issues. It is illogical to assume that the reason for opposition to Rossi and his technology is related to concern for protecting others from imprudent investment in Rossi's tech. I predict that the number of trolls that join the dialog will expand by orders of magnitude here as time and Rossi's progress advances.

This brings to mind and asserts how personal greed, animus, distruction, and jealous...the seven deadly cardinal sins... produces pain and misfortune that runs rampant in this world. The goal of the sons of perdition is clear to see as witnessed by their method and results.

• What flaws?

If you had been following the subject you would know the calorimetry does not involve steam.

What is wrong with measuring the voltage across a known resistor? Apparently the reactor has close to zero resistance. Measuring the power going into the controller would be a good idea, but that's not what you said.

If you had read the post you replied to, you would see that I know it won't involve steam - that's a good thing.

Nothing wrong with measuring V across the resistor. But that's not enough to measure input power.

The reactor having zero resistance is not "apparent" to me. It will be apparent if Rossi plugs a voltmeter across it.

• You are missing a vital word in the first sentence,

Rossi has stated this demo will be only of total heat.

I haven't seen figures for how long the E-Cat QX can run in self sustain mode. That fact that it does for at least part of the time helps the high COP.

I spoke of measuring the voltage across a known resistor and measuring the power into the controller. The resistance of the reactor is not known except that it is very low.

I don't understand your last sentence. I think the answer is that it isn't.

Adrian,

Rossi is up a creek with no paddle on this one. What he wrote in the TWO research papers is just wrong, the "low resistance" excuse came after much ECW worry and request for post-hoc justifications. And the resistance across the reactor is not known that is Rossi (as often he does) misleading. Very low is vague, unless it is quantified with a definite limit, in which case we would not say unknown, but known to a given precision.

• I have a full-page ad from Life Scientific American magazine from the 1950s featuring 16 medical doctors fusionists extolling the health energy benefits of smoking burning Camel cigarettes hydrogen gas. These doctors knew MUCH more about medical physical matters than you and I do. Nevertheless, they were idiots. It is quite easy to find smart people who believe stupid things. It is especially useful when the stupid things they believe are what you yourself want to believe.

Another FTFY with the original image (Scientific American Oct 1958)

fusion-ad-gry-568x800.jpg

• The bottom line on all this dialog is the desire to destroy Rossi and his technology using every possible verbal mechanism that ingenuity can produce.

Nonsense. It takes no ingenuity to point out that 1 MW of heat in an enclosed warehouse will kill everyone. It takes no ingenuity to point to photos of the warehouse and the equipment that prove there was no mezzanine heater, and that the tank and pipes were open to the atmosphere. Anyone can see that at a glance. These and other easily verified facts prove beyond doubt that Rossi is a fraud. That is why you refuse to look at any of the reports, photos, and other proof.

The unspoken motive is most probably based on personal money or ego issues.

Perhaps you should tell us what motivates you to --

Defend indefensible criminal fraud.

Refuse to examine the evidence.

Refuse to respond to any technical issues, no matter how clear cut, such as the fact that 1 MW of heat in an enclosed room kills people.

I have no idea what your motive may be, but your actions do not make you look good. You are defending criminal activities. You have said that Rossi was justified in committing fraud, because it prevented I.H. from stealing from him. That makes no sense; all the fraud in the world would not stop them from stealing, if that's what they were up to. Perhaps you should refrain from accusing others of base motives. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

• JulianBianchi : You equate saying that fusion power would be a good thing to saying cigarettes are good for you? I know that fusion is "the enemy" for LENR cult members, but get real. It is one thing to argue that too much money is spent on it without tangible results. I wouldn't really argue against that position. It is quite another thing to imply that success would be a bad thing. But that sort of thinking is why I said "cult members". Because some of the ideas that are prevalent in this community can only be the product of mass delusion. And don't go off on another specious analogy. I don't think a single skeptic here is "against LENR". It would be terrific if it turns out to be a real and useful phenomenon. Anyone rooting against it is an idiot. If you want to pretend skeptics are idiots, knock yourself out.

• Rossi is up a creek with no paddle on this one. What he wrote in the TWO research papers is just wrong, the "low resistance" excuse came after much ECW worry and request for post-hoc justifications. And the resistance across the reactor is not known that is Rossi (as often he does) misleading. Very low is vague, unless it is quantified with a definite limit, in which case we would not say unknown, but known to a given precision.

Sounds like FUD to me. What creek is Rossi supposed to be without a paddle? As far as I know, no LENR theory has yet been accepted and there are plenty of them. Your theory that it is simply not possible is popular and probably wrong too.

"...with a fluorescent bulb, you will find that the ratio of applied voltage to resulting current decreases with increasing applied voltage. Couple that with a device that produces electricity and I suspect the answer is complicated. When I said the resistance was not known I meant not published, I assume Rossi has a pretty good idea what it is.

I anticipate this is one of the areas you and your anti-Rossi friends will write dozens of pages of speculating on the various ways Rossi MUST be wrong. As you know nothing about it. it should be easy to make stuff up.

• As a person who has been peripherally involved in *one* ITER-related project, and as a person whose colleagues have been involved, are involved, and will be involved in ITER-related projects, I can assure you ITER was never billed as a COP 10 reactor. It was always billed to us as running at net zero gain, but as necessary to develop technology for the next generation machine which *is* supposed to be an actual power reactor.

And I think that is a tidy summary of a clear motive underpinning your hostility toward the LENR movement. I do appreciate your candor nonetheless.

• I know that fusion is "the enemy" for LENR cult members,

Very simplistic, wrong and misleading comment. I am against fusion because I don't think any of the major fusions programs are likely to be an economic solution. On the other hand I have stated for the last 15 years that Thorium salt reactors should be built until LENR is proved commercial and also the small fail safe moving pebble bed reactors like the Chinese are developing.

• Mallove's death had nothing to do with technology, politics, or his involvement with cold fusion.

That may be the case, but whoever did it, had some kind of deep grudge.

Judging by the man’s condition—beaten, stabbed, and left with 32 lacerations across his face—Curtis was nearly certain that, whatever the motive, this murder was personal. “His face,” Curtis recalls, “looked like it went through a frickin’ meat grinder.”

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/…love-mit-infinite-energy/

Doesn't seem like a little dispute over a few items left in a rental house, as the public was led to believe.

• And I think that is a tidy summary of a clear motive underpinning your hostility toward the LENR movement. I do appreciate your candor nonetheless.

Again, when the supporters cannot defend Rossi's actions they simply try to cast FUD on those who present experience and data.

I appreciate IHFB lack of facts, backing, logic or understanding people's motives..... apparently he only has and needs blind faith. Oh, and the underdog ruler for measuring reality! :thumbup:

Do you want to give a go to the 8 points I presented to Adrian, or will you too, obsess over a word? Oh wait... of course you will! History does repeat itself does it not! :)

Cannot defend Rossi's actions or statements so accuse people of casting FUD but then all the supporters doe is "... at tidy summary of a clear motive underpinning your.... " cast FUD yourself!

What a mind reader! What insight! Oh wait.. you do see missing glass panes and scratches on the mezzanine floor that no one else does! Even though the math clearly states the heat exchanger

was not sufficient as presented. And that pump test really nailed it did it not! 8| (I do appreciate the intent and you contributing funds. Walking the walk IS admirable! )

Yes, I am having another frustrating day! ;) I deal with people all the time and lately all I have been hearing is excuses, excuses, excuses. Same for the Rossi crowd and that is why it is sooooo aggravating!!

They simply cannot provide logical discourse on Rossi's own actions! They have to dream up a excuses because he cannot defend himself! Quite amazing!

Oh by the way Axil... " The unspoken motive is most probably based on ..... ego issues." You should look into the mirror!! :whistling:

• AA, like I said, I have no quarrel with opposing (hot) fusion projects on the grounds that they are too expensive and not likely to bear useful fruit. I don’t however hope that they fail. I also have no desire for LENR research to fail. I would be delighted to see it succeed. But in either case, my hopes and wishes don’t make a damned bit of difference.

• It is quite another thing to imply that success would be a bad thing.

The success would come at too high a cost. And even if it were "successful" in the sense that they eventually (probably in 50 years and tens of billions of $ more, or so) it would be pointless since solar and wind is already cheaper than coal and traditional nuclear fission power. Fusion reactors will be many times more expensive than fission reactors.

LENR. And if not LENR, solar and wind.

• Doesn't seem like a little dispute over a few items left in a rental house, as the public was led to believe.

FUD Master again.

Any time you see a statement that start with "Doesn't seem...." speaks volumes. So WHO was leading the public? hmmm...

Yes, quite the conspiracy. Three people sentenced to jail... 16 years, 52 years... These dudes volunteered to spend major years in jail for the "powers that be"!

No wait, better yet..... "Doesn't it seem like that these people were framed by big oil, nuclear power and Barney Fife!" 8|

I can troll right back if needed!

• Rothwell: "I have no idea what your motive may be, but your actions do not make you look good. You are defending criminal activities"

Nonsense...

As a system's and test engineer, I have developed test plans for many and varied systems. It is assumed by everybody in the test and acceptance plan bisiness that the vendor will alway take advantage of loopholes and stupidities in the test and acceptance plans of the customer. My plans were alway perfect and air tight. As a vendor, I designed a change of scope strategy (using proprietary lock in) to extract as much money as possible from the customer as Rossi did.

When I read the IH specs and test documentation, I understood immediately that IH had no idea what they were doing and were destined to go to the school of hard knocks. IH should have hired a experienced test plan designer to protect their interests. Instead, Rossi wrote the plan. A vendor that takes advantage of the stupidities of the customer's test plans does not commit fraud. If this was true, then the government would imprison all of their contractors. The change of scope bisiness in govenment contracting is based on taking advantage of flaws in test plans and acceptance tests.

Customers and vendors usually wind up in court to resolve test issues and that is what happened in the doral test. I decided to let the legal process take its course and not waste any time in exploring a disaster of a test that I knew would happen.

• Would you lacerate someone's face 32 times and turn their face into something that looked like it went through a meet grinder because of a few items left behind in a rental house? Who does that?

• So nobody will defend the catalog of quotes of blatant Rossi lies over the last six years? Robotic plants under construction, certificators slaving away, customers galore owning megawatts plants, except that just recently, it turns out the plants don't work without 24/7 support from Rossi? Nobody defends those?

Would you lacerate someone's face 32 times and turn their face into something that looked like it went through a meet grinder because of a few items left behind in a rental house? Who does that?

Who does that? A crazed angry person. Certainly not a professional hit man or group.