Darden comes to mind. He did several stupid things:
1) Failing to require a proper test of the ORIGINAL simple, small, highly efficient ecat that Levi supposedly got terrific results with
2) Failing to have a qualified test lab verify the operation of the ecat including correct calibrations
3) Giving Rossi $10+ millions based on an inane "test" done for 24 hours by someone who worked with Rossi
4) Agreeing to allow Penon to be the "ERV" (or whatever) -- did he not know that Penon certified (erroneously) one of Rossi's earliest tests? And was a friend of Rossi's?
5) Agreeing to a one year test, poorly specified, not necessary, badly designed, irrelevant and using pieces of junk which supposedly had been sold to others.
6) Trusting a convicted felon with nothing but failures and disasters in his clear-cut history most of which was in the open on the internet.
Woodford for signing on to that disaster.
Rossi is looking for someone who will not do proper diligence because they are afraid to offend him and miss out on the opportunity. That worked in the past but I doubt very much that it will work now. Basically, Rossi is looking for a gullible and desirous person with money who has not kept up with what he has done and has little or no knowledge of the case Rossi vs IH vs Rossi, as far as it got. I will be shocked if he gets one but stranger things have happened.
An investor who cannot or will not use Google deserves to lose his/her shirt