MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• The R20 results are spectacular, but I'm making the whole of my statement conditional on them being real.

The R19 results are nearly as spectacular, but you pretend they do not exist. Results from 180 other labs are spectacular from a scientific point of view, but you pretend they do not exist. Or you pretend you have found reasons to doubt them. Your strategy is to take one set of results in isolation, find a bogus reason to doubt them, while you pretend that all other results do not exist. This is not science; it is trolling.

• THHuxleynew you said below,

Cydonia: I have reached no such conclusion. The R20 results are spectacular, but I'm making the whole of my statement conditional on them being real.

For this time I'll be a religious follower, remain stuck to Ed Storms analysis then suggest you to do the same, a little modesty can do only good things sometimes :)

There is a lot of uncertainty here: but also a lot of interesting analysis. For this to work, the things one says need to be made conditional.

Totally agree

Mizuno said (post from Jed) that he uses a sheath heater with an SU316 steel capillary sheath.

i tried to explain you this heater type shouldn't be only the things that will justify XH..

• Cydonia

No religious follower from me. It is not my style, and anyway that is what gets LENR a bad name.

The issue with replication, if we reckon that R19 / R20 are working, is that we cannot know what detail allows this to happen. So any replication should be as close as possible. Nothing to lose, and maybe something to gain.

However, in terms of mechanism, I agree with Robert H (and argued this very early on) that R20 results don't make sense unless the heater drives the reaction in some way independent of the temperature of the mesh. IR is the best bt for what that stimulus might be. So if it can be done at zero cost, without sacrificing 100% similarity with Mizuno, testing this hypothesis is worthwhile.

• Soon be patient, my friend Jacques and me stiil have to spend holiday time before :)

• Soon be patient, my friend Jacques and me stiil have to spend holiday time before :)

That is your chamber? I take it you will be operating at lower temperatures to be compatible with the glass components/fittings.

I am really tempted to get a glass conflat window. There is one rated to up to 200C. Perhaps I could use it on lower power runs.

Unrelated question: If the meshes are a source of energy, won't there be a ton of self-generated infrared light? Even if the original source of the reaction is not emitting like a blackbody, the meshes should self heat and that component will emit like a blackbody?

Edit: There are sapphire windows that go up to 450 C.

• If the meshes are a source of energy, won't there be a ton of self-generated infrared light?

That is one possibility. However, there has been substantial talk of the primary product of LENR being particle emission (protons or alphas), photons of higher or lower energy than IR (UV or 12 THz RF) , or even "strange radiation" (EVOs), any of which could be thermalised, converted to heat by the stainless steel reactor shell. All we know from the description is that there are few or no neutrons as a reaction product.

• Arun Luthra

I don't pretend that truth will come through me therefore i see things as Ed's understanding , better to use different ways then make a synthesis all together.

Alan Smith , sealing is done with red loctite suggested by french CEA :)

My friends Arnaud or Jacques could tell you that 's sealing well.

Also there is different understanding, as Jurg, A Goldwater, others, mine, i don't see this work as a race, all together we should be stronger :)

Main difference remains sputtering we will use rather than fingers :) it's strange but it easiest to me using an electron beam than CNC lathe...

however it's absolutely not sure at all that it'll be better to XH....

• Prototype half-scale cell 40 x 300 mm. The heater is a 150 watt cartridge inserted in the thermowell. I'll initially assemble it without Ni mesh, for vacuum testing and bake out. The ports are both 3/8" Swagelok, welded to the end caps.

Giving you a super like and singing your song, Magicsound.