Covid-19 News

• Yes. Doctors would have been incensed. The "we don't like Obama with racist undertones" thing would have been energised by it. If he had gone on to assert his opinion contrary to medical advice via twitter, re-tweeting those with contrary to medical opinion views (and who also incidentally has eccentric views on other subjects) it would have got bigger and bigger. Maybe it is only the left wing in the US that is inclined to dislike views contradicting medical advice, in which case it would not be so bad? But it would not be good. Politicians should stay out of medical matters.

Well, all I can say is that memory often is a bit interesting.

Trump first made his HCQ reference during a Covid conference in early March. I do not think you can honestly say he was saying anything contrary to medical advise at that time! Such as your previous listed "RCT's" had not been conducted yet.

Trump defended his position against attacks a few times after that in tweets, but only in response to the liberal lefts crazy political accusations, such as crimes against humanity!

In mid May, Trump acknowledged he was taking HCQ. Again, this is not politicizing, it was simply what he was doing personally. Yes he defended this decision. Again, this was May...

And again.... contradicting "whose" medical advise? You can cherry pick your supporters "against" and I can cherry pick my supporters "for", such as the Ford study.

It is one thing to say one disagrees with ones stance, but when they start asking for crimes against humanity, THAT is political BS and I do NOT see that happening if anyone else was doing this. Race has nothing to do with it by the way, so do not go there! Obama was simply the left's previous president is all that I referred to! I could argue that you are racist for even bringing it up! X(

• Obama was simply the left's previous president is all that I referred to! I could argue that you are racist for even bringing it up!

I'm no expert on race relations in the US - so have no opinion myself. Analysis over here says that it was an undercurrent. Not that everyone who disliked Obama did so because of his skin color. But there was the Birther thing, and strong circumstantial evidence that a minority just were not ready to have a non-white OPUS. You can argue the same thing wrt not ready to accept a female president and Hilary - while she was not a great candidate (and Obama not a great President) both had some additional prejudice. Not of course as bad as Belarus where Lubaschenko (President / de facto Dictator) states that his country is not ready to have a female president because the presidential office carries too much power!

• Official Post

The problem being that patients can shop around for doctors who are willing to compromise their integrity. c.f. the opioid crisis, or the way that most people get their $50 medical marijuana exemptions for highly dubious (if one is really bothered about such things) reasons.

I doubt we are ever going to have HCQ junkies running around committing crimes to support their habit. Comparing to opioids, and oh-my-gosh....some patients (probably wild eyed Trump supporters) will go "doctor shopping" like addicts do! is a stretch, and proof this has nothing to do with science.

Reminds me of the old saying "when politics is mixed with science, politics always wins".

• So what, for interest, is your overall test score?

It's a waste of time to ask a stuffed spin doctor questions. Unluckily the forum moderators accept this notorious liar ( THHuxleynew ) as a valuable asset as they believe the forum depends on this dirty clicks.

Maybe they need reminding that if they can outlaw HCQ as a danger to mankind, if they can outlaw talking about vaccines as a danger to mankind, and they can spin those who talk about the science as conspiracy theorists --- if you let these people continue, they will absolutely outlaw LENR -- which is more dangerous to humanity then HCQ or being unvaccinated (remember neutrons and stuff!).

Ergo, they are hurting themselves and their entire mission.

• Not sure if I am the first member of this forum to be diagnosed with Covid but hoping that I am the last. As an almost 60 year old cancer survivor, with a BMI of 36 (6'8" 320lb) I figured I would be at significant risk of a severe outcome. As a result, I have been following the guidance found on this forum since its inception ordering hydroxychloroquine early on, only to have it denied me when it became politicized. So a month or so back, based upon the discussions here, I started building up my immune system with Zinc, Vit C, Vit D, Green tea, quercetin and turmeric curcumin . My first symptom was a slight cough a week ago Saturday, turned into a severe head aches and lack of energy on Tuesday/Wednesday, accompanied by significant body aches and a fever that topped out at 101.5 yesterday. Tested positive for Covid on Friday and knock on wood feel like my fever broke and I am turning the corner today. I credit the guidance I received on this forum for my relatively minor symptoms and rapid recovery. So, thank you all for your valuable input.

I do have one question for the group, the supplements above were taken to minimize the chances of contracting Covid, are there supplements that I should consider that will help minimize the long term side affects? Damage to the lungs, brain, kidneys, etc.......

• Not sure if I am the first member of this forum to be diagnosed with Covid but hoping that I am the last. As an almost 60 year old cancer survivor, with a BMI of 36 (6'8" 320lb) I figured I would be at significant risk of a severe outcome. As a result, I have been following the guidance found on this forum since its inception ordering hydroxychloroquine early on, only to have it denied me when it became politicized. So a month or so back, based upon the discussions here, I started building up my immune system with Zinc, Vit C, Vit D, Green tea, quercetin and turmeric curcumin . My first symptom was a slight cough a week ago Saturday, turned into a severe head aches and lack of energy on Tuesday/Wednesday, accompanied by significant body aches and a fever that topped out at 101.5 yesterday. Tested positive for Covid on Friday and knock on wood feel like my fever broke and I am turning the corner today. I credit the guidance I received on this forum for my relatively minor symptoms and rapid recovery. So, thank you all for your valuable input.

I do have one question for the group, the supplements above were taken to minimize the chances of contracting Covid, are there supplements that I should consider that will help minimize the long term side affects? Damage to the lungs, brain, kidneys, etc.......

Are the long term side affects due to damage frim Covid, or damage from an over reaction to Covid by your immune system?

I'm very sorry to hear that you have caught it, and would just note I'm not sure anyone here (other than SOT - now not posting - hope he is Ok) is a doctor - no-one is offering medical advice.

I'd point to the people saying that the time to get serious about ER medical help (oxygen etc) is immediately when your O2 levels get low, if doctors advice before then is stay at home. But, the normal sign of that, breathlessness, is not always found in COVID. So checking with a pulse oximeter (available many places, clip on your finger) is a good idea to get early warning. Jed can maybe comment what he is doing himself. And alas unless a doctor has told you that you are through it I would stay alert. But the stats are on your side, even with all you say.

I'll leave the rest of your question to others.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

• Thank you THH, I completely understand that the suggestions given on this forum are just that and not necessarily grounded in solid medical fact. And yes I do own a pulse oximeter and have been watching it with my lowest reading to date a 94. Unfortunately, the only guidance given by my HMO (Kaiser in the USA) is to rest and go to the emergency room if I am having difficulty breathing. I like having options to deal with the issue proactively, even if there is only a small chance of any benefit coming from it.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I doubt we are ever going to have HCQ junkies running around committing crimes to support their habit. Comparing to opioids, and oh-my-gosh....some patients (probably wild eyed Trump supporters) will go "doctor shopping" like addicts do! is a stretch, and proof this has nothing to do with science.

Come on Shane. Engage brain! I’m noting that some doctors clearly don’t have the integrity you assume, not comparing wild-eyed Trump supporters (HCQanons?) to wild-eyed smack addicts!

Although now you mention it, this isn’t exactly a far-fetched comparison/scenario...

Maybe they need reminding that if they can outlaw HCQ as a danger to mankind, if they can outlaw talking about vaccines as a danger to mankind, and they can spin those who talk about the science as conspiracy theorists --- if you let these people continue, they will absolutely outlaw LENR

...A near-perfect example of a slippery slope fallacy.

• Interview on ivermectin treatment and the bureaucratic impediments it faces --

Prof. Thomas Borody: "COVID is curable, it´s easier than treating the flu...it´s called IVERMECTIN"

Some excerpts -

... it's hard to get traction when there is no payback or payout to a large company

... the trials that I know of ... and in Bangladesh 60 out of 60 were cured

... but, then in China they compared treatments either with ivermectin mix or HCQ mix,

and HCQ is not a bad drug when combined with Azithromycin, and that gave it a 96.3% cure,

but ivermectin was 100% ... in the future we will not need to worry if you got positivity because

you treat immediately and you don't go to hospital - it would be easier than treating the flu now

because you can actually eradicate it ... it disappears. So we know it's curable.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I do have one question for the group, the supplements above were taken to minimize the chances of contracting Covid, are there supplements that I should consider that will help minimize the long term side affects? Damage to the lungs, brain, kidneys, etc.......

I am glad to hear that your occurrence has not required hospitalization! I am sure it was a concerning time!

I too am taking many of the items you mentioned, both to help avoid and if contracted to keep the case mild.

As you noted, I do not know 100% that they will be 100% effective but there is NO reason not to take them. So the ris,k / reward ratio is completely logical.

As far as post damage from Covid, that is a good question. I am assuming that if one does not have a severe case, then it is unlikely that there is any lasting damage. However, I am not very educated in that area and would be interested in others thoughts on this as well. Most of the long term damage I read about is such as lung damage from ventilators, heart damage, again from severe cases and possible chronic fatigue, but that seemingly is not agreed upon.

However, I would hope that a case that lasted less than a week, relatively low temperature and apparent little lung infection would not have lasting effects. I certainly hope for that! Best wishes!

• We almost shouldn't talk about this. It is too important. This will spawn an entire legion of Spin Doctors to infect the social media community and lash out.

• And yes I do own a pulse oximeter and have been watching it with my lowest reading to date a 94. Unfortunately, the only guidance given by my HMO (Kaiser in the USA) is to rest and go to the emergency room if I am having difficulty breathing.

I also bought one of those. Then I looked around for recommendations regarding COVID-19. One source suggested you go to the emergency room if it falls below 90. But it also says the normal range is 95 to 100. So maybe in your case, you should go if it falls below 85? Or call the doctor if it falls below 90? Or, perhaps, if it seems to be declining rapidly, go to the emergency room?

If it is in mid-80s I would definitely go. Or, if you have difficulty breathing, whatever it says.

Minnesota Dept. of Health:

What are normal levels, and when should I worry?

Normal SpO2 is usually at least 95%. Some patients with chronic lung disease or sleep apnea

can have normal levels around 90%. Medical professionals should be consulted if a patient with
    suspected or confirmed COVID-19 has SpO2 ≤90%. Supplemental oxygen or other treatments
    might be needed. If oxygen is available, it should be used for oxygen saturation levels <85%.
    Levels between 80–90%, and levels that are decreasing over time, often indicate severe disease
    and the potential for rapid decline.

KEY POINT:

If a patient with COVID-19 has SpO2 ≤90%, refer for further evaluation and possible treatment.

https://www.health.state.mn.us…rus/hcp/pulseoximetry.pdf

• Zelenko protocol for prehospital tx

May Hashem bless him.

https://faculty.utrgv.edu/elef…-memo-August-protocol.pdf

Notice the protocol for low risk patient (<60 y.o)

Quercetin Zinc Vit C..

I had a ticklish throat..slight fever..last pm.

I took all three.

Symptoms disappeared 8 hours later..

Coincidental..?

The Q+Z+C may work generally

for any RNA virus that

needs the RNA polymerase..

https://www.frontiersin.org/ar…389/fimmu.2019.02347/full

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m606/rr-14

At 65 I am probably a bit healthier

than a few of my senior colleagues

with no co-morbities except LF OCD.

so maybe I could get by

without the HCQ for high risk pts.

Anyway, the Drs here won't prescribe HCQ.

its more dangerous than crocodiles or sharks.

I avoid Tylenol.. acetaminophen.. paracetamol

IMHO, it masks a fever and encourages people

to not rest.. when they should be resting

• is to rest and go to the emergency room if I am having difficulty breathing. I like having options to deal with the issue proactively

I am not sure where you are. But #1 the O2 reading my be below 95% if you are at high altitudes.

and #2 when my O2% drops I use an oxygen concentrator.

Here in the US you can get them from Amazon and other places very easily:

example:

https://www.amazon.com/Noise-H…mZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Do a search of oxygen concentrator. It is best to keep your O2 up because you can "burn out" some brain cells if it is too low too long.

Take care and stay safe.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.