Covid-19 News

• I believe I read there are no measurable excess deaths in Japan because deaths from other diseases such as influenza declined more than the total deaths from COVID. Masking and other public health measures taken to combat COVID also reduce other diseases. In the U.S. and other places where the pandemic was severe, the entire healthcare system was stressed. Hospitals had to cancel elective surgery. ICUs were full, and other units had to be converted to COVID ICUs. That never happened in Japan, so the mortality rate from other diseases did not increase.

COVID has killed 15,204 people in Japan, which is a lot of people. It is a lot more than killed in automobile accidents, 3,920. If there had not been a decrease in fatalities from other infectious diseases, I expect the COVID fatalities would show an uptick in excess deaths.

15,204 deaths in Japan is 121 per million. In the U.S. the rate is 1,891 per million.

Among large nations, the worst fatality rate is in Peru, 5,872 per million, Hungary 3,117 . . . and Brazil 2,602. The UK is slightly higher than the U.S.

The total cases in Japan is 7,494 per million, compared to the U.S. at 107,778. Both cases and deaths are about 14 times lower in Japan than the U.S. per capita. Until recently, they were about 30 times lower. Japan has had a severe increase in cases this year. Fortunately, not in deaths, because the elderly population has been vaccinated.

S. Korea has managed to keep cases down to 3,940 per million, and deaths at 41 per million, a factor of 46 better than the U.S. The lowest numbers from places like Australia are ~21 deaths per million. This would be the number in all first world nations if leaders had listened to the WHO and followed the recommendations they made in January and February 2020. In some poor and third world nations, they would not have been able to follow these recommendations.

• I believe I read there are no measurable excess deaths in Japan because deaths from other diseases such as influenza declined more than the total deaths from COVID. Masking and other public health measures taken to combat COVID also reduce other diseases.

Ah, ha. It turns out the public health measures taken to combat COVID also reduced traffic deaths. Not just infectious disease. See:

https://www.itf-oecd.org/sites/default/files/japan-road-safety.pdf

"Impact of Covid-19

In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Japan introduced lockdown measures on 9 March 2020, which affected the movement of people and goods on the road and in turn the exposure to road crashes. A gradual lifting of lockdown measures started on 18 May 2020.

The number of road deaths decreased by 22% during the period March-September 2020, compared to the average for 2017-19, according to preliminary data for 2020. The largest drops were recorded in July (-31%) and August (-32%). . . ."

This document shows they are making good progress reducing traffic deaths.

• You must be suffering from memory problems, as its clear that is not what you originally said:

Among European nations, the team found that many countries faithfully reported their pandemic deaths. Per 100,000 people, the United Kingdom suffered 159 deaths, France 110, Switzerland 100. The Czech Republic suffered 320 pandemic deaths and Poland 310. Denmark and Norway were unique in that they experienced no excess mortality during the pandemic. The United States had 194 excess deaths per 100,000 persons.

Global COVID-19 Deaths Are Severely Undercounted, Israeli-German Study Shows
    A pair of researchers collected global mortality data from over 100 countries to better understand how officials were reporting COVID-19 deaths.
    nocamels.com

• You must be suffering from memory problems, as its clear that is not what you originally said:

There was no excess mortality among people age <65 for the whole pandemic. This is what is the base for not recommending CoV-19 "vaccines" for healthy people age <65.

For people age > 65 this true until the second wave started in Nov 2020. As there was no flu (winter/spring) or heat wave in summer there was in fact a lower mortality until December 2020. The estimate is that maximally 8000 excess deaths among age >65 did occur. The tiny peak (first wave ) you see begin of 2020 has been more than compensated. So you can complain that I did not mention until one month after start of second wave (December 2020)...

Age <65 can be seen on https://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/e…rtality-causes-death.html

Just one week in Nov 2020 was tiny bit above expectation. In total inside band.

• "the Times, according to two well-placed sources, refused to investigate the biggest story of our time. Instead, senior editors are alleged to have suppressed efforts to probe the virus’s origins, and the Times led the charge to dismiss any questioning of the WHO’s now-discredited line as conspiracist or even ‘racist’."

That is incorrect. The Times reported that the virus might have originated in the lab many times. It was one of the first to present in-depth information about this, with four stories in April and May 2020. Three were news reports that did not endorse or deny the story. One was a panel discussion (podcast) that is generally negative (in line with U.S. intelligence agency evaluations), but not dismissive. There were many follow up stories. It has not been suppressed or dismissed.

The New York Times is quite capable of suppressing news, such as any news of cold fusion. It did not even mention that Martin Fleischmann died. It can and it does often suppress news, but it did not in this case, so this quote is inaccurate.

The Times never condemned ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine. On July 8, 2021 it said that the consensus of opinion is that ivermectin has "tentative or mixed evidence" and hydroxychloroquine is "not promising." To me, that seems like a unbiased report of the consensus.

Coronavirus Drug and Treatment Tracker
    An updated list of potential treatments for Covid-19.
    www.nytimes.com

• Per 100,000 people, the United Kingdom suffered 159 deaths, France 110, Switzerland 100. The Czech Republic suffered 320 pandemic deaths and Poland 310. Denmark and Norway were unique in that they experienced no excess mortality during the pandemic. The United States had 194 excess deaths per 100,000 persons.

Worldmeters has somewhat higher numbers for most countries. UK 190, France 171, Switzerland 125 . . . The U.S. is a little lower at 189.

• The WHO recommends ivermectin for Zeke, show me the RCTs. Ivermectin is used as a treatment for HIV, show me the RCTs. Ivermectin kicked Zeke ass and shows great promise in HIV.

Pro-ivermectin PR misdirection? It is used in both cases for its known anti-parasitic or mosquitocidal effects, which you can see do exist at the normal safe dosage (different from its anti-viral in vitro effects, which appear at much higher than safe doses against COVID)

IVM for HIV . Used as anti-parasitic - known wide effectiveness, e.g. for HIV-induced scabies, strongyloidiasis

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4457460

IVM for Zika - it kills mosquitos, which helps control spread. A bit like vaccines, except you have to go on taking it.

Ivermectin to prevent ZIKV transmission: a word of caution

Rapid Response:

Ivermectin to prevent ZIKV transmission: a word of caution

This week, the World Health Organization announced that the recent cluster of neurological disorders and neonatal malformations that has been associated with Zika virus (ZIKV) disease constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. Without an available vaccine or efficacious treatment, preventive measures form the only current option to curb the ZIKV epidemic and include personal protection against mosquito bites and vector control measures that target ZIKV transmitting mosquitoes in the genus Aedes, notably Aedes aegypti. Recently, a Rapid Response in The BMJ suggested that the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin may be of great value to reduce ZIKV transmission by targeting these mosquitoes [1]. This suggestion, that received support in the general press [2], was based on the potency of ivermectin in the fight against another vector-borne disease, malaria. We have serious concerns with this suggestion. Despite the evident promise of ivermectin, caution is warranted when extrapolating promising results for one vector borne disease to another.

Ivermectin is active against a range of malaria-transmitting Anopheles mosquitoes. Its mode of action depends on the activation of glutamate-gated chloride channels (GluCl) in neuronal and neuromuscular tissues of mosquitoes, causing flaccid paralysis and death upon ingestion [3]. Anophelines that feed on humans who have taken ivermectin have a reduced lifespan while sub-lethal concentrations of ivermectin affect the feeding capacity and propagation of surviving mosquitoes [4]. Because of these activities, mass drug administration with ivermectin, often in combination with a curative dose of antimalarials, is considered as a promising component for integrated malaria control [5]. The lethal concentration at which 50% of the mosquitoes die (LC50) is in the range of 5-22 ng/ml [6-9] for anophelines. The LC50 for Aedes aegypti however, is at least 10-fold higher in the range of 180-600 ng/mL [8, 10].These differences may be associated with differences in the expression of GluCl between these mosquito species [7].

At present, ivermectin is available for use in humans at a concentration of 150-200μg/kg through the Mectizan donation programme and more than 2 billion doses have been administered since 1987 [11]. The maximal concentrations of ivermectin found in human venous plasma after treatment with 150 μg/kg ivermectin ranges from 9 to 75 ng/ml [12]. Whilst the ivermectin plasma concentration declines rapidly in the days following treatment, the achieved plasma levels are sufficient to have an impact on malaria transmission. However, plasma levels fall short of concentrations that are likely to affect the survival of Aedes mosquitoes, even if the highest currently used dose of 800 μg/kg [13] is administered (see figure). If ivermectin is to be used for control of the transmission of ZIKV, even higher doses of ivermectin are necessary for which the safety profile needs to be determined in long-term pharmacokinetic and safety studies. In addition, the prospect of repeated mass drug administrations over short time-windows in large urban areas poses considerable challenges.

In conclusion, whilst mosquitocidal drugs should be further explored for a potential role in integrated control of vector-borne diseases, the current ZIKV epidemic requires control tools different from the currently available ivermectin regimens.

• There was no excess mortality among people age <65 for the whole pandemic. This is what is the base for not recommending CoV-19 "vaccines" for healthy people age <65.

That is not a good basis for such a recommendation.

(1) Lumping together everyone < 65 when mortality decreases exponentially as age reduces will lose large effects in higher age groups

(2) Excess mortality is a very coarse tool because many things, e.g. lockdowns, change it.

For example, it is not much good saying "don't worry, your death is statistically insignificant, it is not going to affect excess mortality" when your 60 year old father dies of COVID, as around 1% of such will do, because you have recommended he not take the vaccine.

On the positive side - with such a coarse overall view about death you could probably eliminate 50% of the work that any health service does to keep people alive. Think of the money saved by just not treating people when their deaths would not much affect overall excess mortality of the whole 0-65 age cohort!

• That is a good comprehensive list of where we are with many treatments. A lot, like IVM, are "tentative or mixed evidence" but only ivermectin gets this massive PR.

You can log in free with google to access the link.

• Quote from Wyttenbach There was no excess mortality among people age <65 for the whole pandemic. This is what is the base for not recommending CoV-19 "vaccines" for healthy people age <65.

Okay. How about the hundreds of thousands of people who spent weeks in the hospital? Or the ones who spent weeks at home with a high fever, constantly throwing up. How about people who have been afflicted with "long haul" effects such as no sense of smell or taste, nausea, and inability to climb stairs? Effects that may last for years, perhaps for a lifetime. How about missing weeks or months of work? Is it not worth taking the vaccine to avoid these things? Even if no one died of COVID, I would definitely be vaccinated to avoid such things. Seasonal influenza seldom kills people, but I get a flu shot every year, because I have had the flu several times, and I do not want to suffer through it again.

Death is not the only thing vaccinations prevent. What you write would be like saying in 1955: "People seldom die from polio, so we should not recommend the vaccine. A lifetime of paralysis, iron lungs, and so on don't matter, as long as the patient does not die."

Bonus points for putting "vaccines" in quotes. Very cute! What do you think it is, if not a vaccine?

• Polio is less fatal than COVID. So what the hell, says Wyttenbach, we should never have bothered to "vaccinate" against it. That was a big fat waste of money. Polio mostly kills adults, so there was no need to vaccinate children. It kills only 5% of 1% of children who contract the disease (only 0.05%!), and most children never contract it in the first place. You have to wonder why everyone was in such a panic in the 1940s and 50s. Between 1950 and 1953, only 6,600 people died of it. Who cares how many others were paralyzed?!? Hardly worth bothering about.

What are the symptoms of polio?

Surprisingly, 95% of all individuals infected with polio have no apparent symptoms.

Another 4%–8% of infected individuals have symptoms of a minor, non-specific nature, such as sore throat and fever, nausea, vomiting, and other common symptoms of any viral illness.

About 1%–2% of infected individuals develop nonparalytic aseptic (viral) meningitis, with temporary stiffness of the neck, back, and/or legs. Less than
    1% of all polio infections result in the classic “flaccid paralysis,” where the patient is left with permanent weakness or paralysis of legs, arms, or both.

How serious is polio?

Although most cases of polio are mild, the 1% of cases resulting in flaccid paralysis has made polio a feared disease for hundreds of years. Of people with
    paralytic polio, about 2%–5% of children die and up to 15%–30% of adults die.

https://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4215.pdf

• Recently, a Rapid Response in The BMJ suggested that the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin may be of great value to reduce ZIKV transmission by targeting these mosquitoes [1].

Great diffusion action! So the mosquito bites a woman loaded with Ivermectin and dies from a flash without injecting the virus load....

Grimm's fairy tales page 333...

IVR kills about 10 different virus (flu too !!!), that's why the pharma mafia wants to hide it.

Or the ones who spent weeks at home with a high fever, constantly throwing up. How about people who have been afflicted with "long haul" effects such as no sense of smell or taste, nausea, and inability to climb stairs?

Jed: Switzerland and some other EU countries are a bit special as e.g. most man here are no longer obese and do quite a lot of sports because they can afford it.

USA is catastrophic UK also. USA lost 2 !!!! years of live expectancy due to CoV-19.

But the problem is that the world wide mafia treats all the same or at least tries to do so. Here vaccination will stop around 55% because people are able to think and can read the data.

The flu is worse than CoV-19 for people age <65 or especially age < 45. Even worse for all is the criminal handling/jailing of people at no risk. The social damage, lost schools years count 10 x more.

Polio is less fatal than COVID.

Nonsense: Did you ever go into a family with a Polio child? This destroys the live of all family members. If grand dad dies with 86 he is already at a happy age! Here the average age of CoV-19 death was 84 years! May be now after vaccination it will go a bit lower.

• Here is an example of a warning letter sent by the FDA to someone who is selling a fraudulent cure for COVID-19. Some people may consider this restrictive. I do not. If the government did not go after such criminals, thousands more of them would defraud frightened, uneducated people.

Free Speech Systems LLC d.b.a. Infowars.com - 605802 - 04/09/2020
    Unapproved Products Related to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
    www.fda.gov

QUOTE:

". . . it is unlawful under the FTC Act, 15 U.S.C. 41 et seq., to advertise that a product can prevent, treat, or cure human disease unless you possess competent and reliable scientific evidence, including, when appropriate, well-controlled human clinical studies, substantiating that the claims are true at the time they are made. For COVID-19, no such study is currently known to exist for the products identified above. Thus, any coronavirus-related prevention or treatment claims regarding such products are not supported by competent and reliable scientific evidence. You must immediately cease making all such claims."

You can do a search for "COVID" here to find several more.

Warning Letters
    Main FDA Warning Letter Page
    www.fda.gov

I have looked around for documents relating to doctors who were professionally censured or had their license taken away because the medical boards concluded they promoted quack cures or fraud. I have not found any examples of this, but I don't know where to look. Many doctors have been accused of this in the mass media, and some have been banned from social media. But I have not found examples of doctors losing their licenses. I suppose there must be some.

Some people here have characterized banning doctors from social media as "censorship." ("Censor" is not to be confused with "censure" -- the latter means loss of livelihood.) I agree this is censorship. However, I think the social media companies have every right to do it. They are private corporations, not covered by constitutional free speech rights. The Scientific American will never allow a letter from Ed Storms or me about cold fusion. That's annoying. It is unfair. I hope that someday people will scorn them for it. But they are totally within their rights to do that. Facebook is within their rights to ban anyone for any reason. They don't ban people often because it is bad public relations, bad for profits, and perhaps because they feel it would be unfair.

I have never censored or banned any author from LENR-CANR.org on account of content. I reserve the right to do that, but I doubt I will ever need to exercise it. I am perfectly willing to upload the most scurrilous attacks against cold fusion. In fact, I would like to upload them. I want the public to see these attacks. I asked some leading skeptics (now dead) for permission to upload their attacks, but they said no. Gene Mallove uploaded a few scurrilous quotes:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MalloveEclassicnas.pdf

I have not uploaded many papers because the authors or publishers refused permission. That's their decision, not mine.

I have rejected a handful of papers for reasons having nothing to do with censorship. I refused to upload one paper because it was hand-written and unreadable. The author refused to type it, and I did not want to bother. I refused two other papers because they had nothing remotely to do with cold fusion. In both cases I directed the authors to other websites and they were fine with that. In one exceptionally weird case, an author repeatedly sent me U.S. mail letters threatening to sue me if I uploaded his work, while he publicly demanded I upload it! It was a trap to force me to pay a settlement. I was warned that he did this to other people. I told him to send me another letter granting permission. I never heard back.

That was the strangest episode I have experienced in cold fusion.

• "In the years before COVID-19, revenue from China was an integral part of the Times’s business model.

it is not only a matter of money

teddy bear XJP is a bit of a bully..

the McCarthy era in the US was kindergarten stuff in comparison

Bill Birtles got out by the skin of his teeth

and had never said anything about Covid origin

ABC OZ no longer has journos on XJP ground.. but the Times may still have

""On one hand, this is urgent enough for them to rock up to my front door at midnight,

with a total of seven people to tell me I'm involved in a state security case,

on the other hand they say, 'Hey, we'll ring you tomorrow afternoon to organise a chat,'"

'It felt very, very political': ABC reporter evacuated from China after being interrogated by police
    The ABC's China correspondent says he felt like a "pawn in a diplomatic tussle" after Chinese police barred him, along with another Australian journalist, from…
    www.abc.net.au

• SARS-CoV-2 Lambda variant exhibits higher infectivity and immune resistance

SARS-CoV-2 Lambda variant exhibits higher infectivity and immune resistance
    SARS-CoV-2 Lambda, a new variant of interest, is now spreading in some South American countries; however, its virological features and evolutionary trait…
    www.biorxiv.org

Summary

SARS-CoV-2 Lambda, a new variant of interest, is now spreading in some South American countries; however, its virological features and evolutionary trait remain unknown. Here we reveal that the spike protein of the Lambda variant is more infectious and it is attributed to the T76I and L452Q mutations. The RSYLTPGD246-253N mutation, a unique 7-amino-acid deletion mutation in the N-terminal domain of the Lambda spike protein, is responsible for evasion from neutralizing antibodies. Since the Lambda variant has dominantly spread according to the increasing frequency of the isolates harboring the RSYLTPGD246-253N mutation, our data suggest that the insertion of the RSYLTPGD246-253N mutation is closely associated with the massive infection spread of the Lambda variant in South America.

Highlights

Lambda S is highly infectious and T76I and L452Q are responsible for this property

Lambda S is more susceptible to an infection-enhancing antibody

RSYLTPGD246-253N, L452Q and F490S confer resistance to antiviral immunity

• Israeli Surge Worsening as Number of New COVID-19 Cases & Breakthrough Infections Climb Up

Israeli Surge Worsening as Number of New COVID-19 Cases & Breakthrough Infections Climb Up
    The Delta-driven surge in Israel continues to roar ahead as nearly 4,000 new COVID-19 cases were reported on Monday by the Health ministry, the most
    trialsitenews.com

The Delta-driven surge in Israel continues to roar ahead as nearly 4,000 new COVID-19 cases were reported on Monday by the Health ministry, the most significant number of new cases since early March. Nerves are on edge again as the coronavirus cabinet will meet today to discuss additional measures that could prevent the spread of this latest wave in what is one of the most vaccinated nations in the world. And Prime Minister Naftali Bennett predicted that serious cases will quadruple in the next 20 days hence the vital importance of new restrictions. 3,818 new cases were recognized on Monday, a four-month high, and when factoring in patients deemed in serious condition—221. Moreover, the total percentage of positive tests continues to go upwards as that figure now hit 3.78% of Monday’s tests.

Third Booster Program

Israeli has embarked on a third booster program given what’s been going on here, with growing numbers of breakthrough infections, infectious vaccinated persons, and waning effectiveness against the Delta variant. Thus nearly 40,000 elderly or individuals with immuno-compromised conditions are now going through the booster vaccination process. Health Ministry Director Nachman Ash reported yesterday that the growing spike of new COVID-19 cases is “worrying.”

Government Collaboration

Various government agencies are now collaborating to determine how to slow down the spread of the pandemic while not shutting down the entire economy. Individuals from Education, Health, and Finance presented a three-stage plan to the Prime Minister that could keep the educational system active even if the pandemic continued to worsen, reports Haaretz.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.