Oleksii Ivanchuk’s Spark Plugs

• but what I read about, is that the “sound” is created directly at the neurological level (i. e. directly in the brain) and it does not register if one records the sound.

That is certainly one of the various hypotheses - and it may have some element of truth.

However, it seems people have also been able to record the "sounds" using a variety of microphone types. See this quite detailed paper:

Instrumental recording of electrophonic sounds from Leonid fireballs

I've only skim-read it so far - and I don't know if the researchers had sufficiently electromagnetically screened some of the various microphones so that they were only able to respond to air vibration, and weren't picking up EM waves directly.

If we were natural neurological radio receivers, though, I suspect we would be hearing stuff all the time - from numerous audio frequency EM emitters (such as the electricity grid).

Edit: I've just noticed that the above study was of the 1998 Leonid storm - which was the same one I saw. As I said, I did not hear a thing during that event. However, as I was lying down on the sand in a desert, there was little, if any, vegetation nearby. As I mentioned, some people have claimed that trees (and especially needle-foliage types, like pines) respond to the waves well.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited 2 times, last by Frogfall ().

• Getting back to detecting The Thing: this is a brass/ceramic piezo disk that I found, while rummaging through a box of electronics junk. The disc is soldered to a screened audio lead, and is secured in place with a blob of hot-melt glue. It was made a few years ago as part of a workshop, hosted by a local sound artist, at the Maker Space I'm involved with.

These discs are predominantly sold as "sounders", as they will vibrate if driven by an audio frequency signal. They are also used as transducers for home-made electronic drum machines.

Unlike a normal microphone, they cannot pick up much sound from the air - as they lack a lightweight diaphragm. However, they are excellent at picking up sound that is conducted through solids (e.g. machinery sounds), or the noises from being dragged across a surface (I have a recording, somewhere, of this very device gently stroking the fur on my cat's back).

Presumably, the same process that makes marks on the surfaces of DVDs, associated with "strange radiation", should also generate faint impact noises. A sensitive piezo disc, such as this, should be able to turn those impact noises into electrical signals.

It might just work "as is", or it might benefit from being coated with a thin dielectric material (e.g. adhesive tape). I should know a bit more later today...

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Unfortunately, this afternoon's tests were rather inconclusive. This is mainly down to having a relatively modern car - in which all the ignition parts (leads, etc) are well buried. This is good from a reliability perspective, as all the high voltage stuff is protected from moisture - but is annoying if you want to find a likely spot to poke a sensor...

The concept still seems reasonable, though. All I need is to find a dependable source of "strange radiation". So it looks like I'll just have to acquire a bunch of used spark plugs...

• Knowing the difference between a strange track and a not-so-strange track may be of some use.

Even polystyrene insulation foam can make tracks, nearly identical to the ones on the DVD above but several orders of magnitude larger, on cold plasticine. Tribology is neat stuff.

• Well, you are right an surely more expert than me in this way..

Now, these tracks disturb me because i'm not able to make a link especially with Lenr.

Lenr's protaganists like sticking all strange things to justifie their field " promising years after years".

One more month after the GREAT LAST ICCF sponsorised by the great project CLEAN HME and nothing more than these tracks to be enjoyed ?

Investors left definitively...

Knowing the difference between a strange track and a not-so-strange track may be of some use.

Even polystyrene insulation foam can make tracks, nearly identical to the ones on the DVD above but several orders of magnitude larger, on cold plasticine. Tribology is neat stuff.

• Here is one set of tracks I made on a DVD, to elaborate a bit.

Hi Paradigmnoia - when you say you "made" the tracks, what do you mean?

Please can you tell us how you made the tracks, in more detail? And can you use terms that don't produce scatological results when googled. Thanks.

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Now, these tracks disturb me because i'm not able to make a link especially with Lenr.

Jean Francoise Geneste (the director of Airbus when Airbus took a brief interest in LENR) did saw a relationship between the tracks and LENR, he made a presentation about the shape of the tracks and proposed some mathematical models for what the 3D object that caused the tracks might look like. I can’t provide a link because I saw it within a long presentation of Bob Greenyer, but I recall some of the slides presented by Geneste that had the traces shown.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Hi Paradigmnoia - when you say you "made" the tracks, what do you mean?

Please can you tell us how you made the tracks, in more detail? And can you use terms that don't produce scatological results when googled. Thanks.

Those are mechanical marks made with grains of polishing compound between two DVS, with a one DVD smoothly sliding over another. I tried a wide variety of materials as I discovered that the relative hardness was more important than total hardness.

I used foam and plasticine to model various mechanical particle morphologies, where I discovered that mechanical particles can become rolled up (or folded over on themselves) when sandwiched between two opposite moving plates. Generally flatter particles become rolled up by sticking momentarily to one of the plates, and then being peeled off with continuing counter-moving plate motion. More ductile but rounded particles can become flattened between the two plates to cause the flat morphology, leading to folding and rolling morphologies.

One-fold particles make compression tracks that are remarkable in similarity to the ones often discussed as a result of strange radiation on some materials (photos and DVDs in particular).

Imagine, if you will, flattening a small (1 cm) spherical piece of cold cookie dough under a rolling pin to make a 2.5 cm flat circle. Fold the flat piece in half. That is the shape that makes weird barrel-shaped tracks when rolled across a surface.

• One-fold particles make compression tracks that are remarkable in similarity to the ones often discussed as a result of strange radiation on some materials (photos and DVDs in particular).

Thanks for that.

I'm struck with the thought that we could be like the hungry hunter, following the tracks of an animal across the desert for days, who starves after discovering he has really been following tumbleweed.

• Curbina

Geneste is no longer working at Airbus- he moved into Academia awhile back- but he is on Linkedin and always approachable. He might send the link. .

Yes I know Alan Smith , I follow him on LinkedIn, he also is in Researchgate. He also published a sci fi novel with LENR at the core, if I recall correctly. Anyway I was more than anything pointing out to Cydonia that many people see the relationship of the traces with LENR.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Thanks for that.

I'm struck with the thought that we could be like the hungry hunter, following the tracks of an animal across the desert for days, who starves after discovering he has really been following tumbleweed.

I am aware of the similarity that Paradigmnoia has pointed out abundantly, but the traces have been found in plenty of substrates and experiments, and also similar patterns have been seen in cloud chambers and filmed in slow motion in a range of experiments. A fleeting phenomenon, but not for that unworthy of study.

• A fleeting phenomenon, but not for that unworthy of study.

I didn't mean it was unworthy - just that we shouldn't concentrate on one type of track, or assume that the thing making the track is going to feed us.

Oleksii's presentation had quite a number of photos showing a number of different track types.

the traces have been found in plenty of substrates

Is there a list of all these substrates anywhere? From a Baconian perspective, you always need to assemble all your data in one place, so that similarities and differences can be studied.

For instance, do the exact same tracks appear on plain polycarbonate - without the conductive layer that is buried inside a DVD?

similar patterns have been seen in cloud chambers

Do you know who published them?

and filmed in slow motion in a range of experiments.

Like those things in the BG video, that looked like oxidation sparks?

• Frogfall , I don’t think there’s a database, I am just interested in the phenomena and have read and watched plenty about it.

Bob has filmed these things in a vaccum chamber, so I doubt they were oxidation sparks, also they interact with each other so they are probably magnetic.

The cloud chamber ones were in a Russian presentation that Bob provided a translation. Bob has a hight throughout of videos so is kind of hard to find one in specific, I would have to dig to find the specific one.

• The idea that EVOs / plasmoids / FTMs / MBLs (or however we agree the phenomena should be named) are present in the gases had a quite impressive visual confirmation in one video of the so called “Thunderstorm” reactor that was recently analized by Bob Greenyer. This reactor is somewhat similar to the so called “GEET” of Paul Pantone, meaning that it uses friction, water and the temperature of the exhaust gases to be recycled to the combustion chamber and reduce fuel consumption, increasing apparent engine efficiency.

In the Thunderstorm video, you can see the EVOs “leaking” through the reactor’s wall and also going out and back in.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, i went at his workshop at Airbus's place some years ago.

He remained a friend on my Linkedin profile.

he is before all a great mathematician so as all mathematicians have most of the time on ly one way to see/consider things.

he believed mostly in airship new generations.

Was linked with some DE friends on Holmlid paths , things were patented on Airbus side, in this way.

Jean Françoise Geneste (le directeur d'Airbus lorsque Airbus s'est brièvement intéressé au LENR) a bien vu une relation entre les voies et le LENR, il a fait une présentation sur la forme des voies et a proposé quelques modèles mathématiques de ce que représente l'objet 3D qui a provoqué le les pistes pourraient ressembler. Je ne peux pas fournir de lien car je l'ai vu dans une longue présentation de Bob Greenyer, mais je me souviens de certaines des diapositives présentées par Geneste qui montraient les traces.

• I guess if they are standing on the shoulders of such giants as RAUNGE, W.H.BOSNICK, FLYSHMAN AND PONDS, how could they fail?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.