LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Shane is correct,, in general wave-power doesn't seem to survive for long. Tial power however is a possible.Rance is one of the very few tidal power plants, 60 years old and still working.

In spite of the high development cost of the project, the costs have now been recovered, and electricity production costs are lower than that of nuclear power generation (1.8 ¢/kWh versus 2.5 ¢/kWh for nuclear). However, the capacity factor of the plant is 28%, lower than 85–90% for nuclear power.

• It works, but the equipment takes a beating from wave/tidal action and salt water eats it up. Costs therefore prohibitively high. It has been tried in various forms (one right in NYC's East River), but they never work out as far as I know.

They can work out. They have worked out. And they could also work in the near and far future.

Learn more about history here:

https://www.power-technology.com/analysis/la-rance-learning-from-the-worlds-oldest-tidal-project/

And learn about real costs and potential here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You are welcome. I will send you my consulting bill later under separate cover.

P.S.: Darn it. Posted before reading the next and last, at the time, page of the thread. Oops.

• Unfortunately, the tidal power lagoon proposed for Cardiff Bay was shelved in 2018 even though the Welsh Government was willing to invest in it (on the grounds that the electricity it would produce would be too expensive - which in hindsight would be simply untrue). There are now only two tidal systems in the UK:

There are (as of February 2021) only two operational tidal power stations operating within the UK: MeyGen, on the Pentland Firth in Scotland, is operational but not fully completed, while Bluemull Sound in the Shetland Isles is also operational.2 Mar 2021

Political decisions, I guess, making cheap electricity a Tidal Power dream!

• Japan to reopen Nuclear Power Plants.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Off topic but interesting

MIT scientists think they’ve discovered how to fully reverse climate change

MIT scientists think they’ve discovered how to fully reverse climate change
    MIT scientists have proposed a new plan to reverse climate change that uses 'space bubbles' to shield the Earth from the Sun's radiation.
    bgr.com

Scientists at MIT think they may have finally found a way to reverse climate change. Or, at the least, help ease it some.

The idea revolves heavily around the creation and deployment of several thin film-like silicon bubbles. The “space bubbles” as they refer to them, would be joined together like a raft. Once expanded in space it would be around the same size as Brazil. The bubbles would then provide an extra buffer against the harmful solar radiation that comes from the Sun.

• Japan to reopen Nuclear Power Plants.

They have done a remarkable job removing radioactive particles from the water. I don't know that I would eat those fish, but I doubt anyone could do a better job cleaning up the water. You might say, "why not just hold it in the tanks, indefinitely?" I read that the problem is that more ground water is getting into the plant and they can't stop it. They tried a variety of methods, such as an ice barrier. It didn't work. I think they are faced with an unsolvable technical problem, and they are doing the best they can with half-way solutions.

Tepco's 'ice wall' fails to freeze Fukushima's toxic water buildup
    A costly "ice wall" is failing to keep groundwater from seeping into the stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant, data from operator Tokyo Electric Power Co…
    www.reuters.com

• And we wonder where things go wrong..... This is one of the most destructive idiotic and unrealistic 'solution' mankind thought of.
    Climate change would in a court-setting be disposed off utterly and entirely! People mistake the environment for the weather for starters. Climate change can only been 'measured' over a period of at least 30 years, otherwise all the effects such as 'record hot days' are simply statistical anomalies. The ice on the North-pole was promised to be gone many years ago and yet Polar bears thrive and the is much Ice still, nothing really changed. Most are looking at the weather now like a Stock market trend, OMG the temp is rising, lets extrapolate and panic based on some erroneous models! All those have turned out to be wrong, and yet we still somehow believe climate change is real, because it has been parroted so many times on the Tele, and other mainstream magazines and so called scientific lecture. Never mind that anyone pointing out the mistakes is fired/not-promoted/ridiculed/ignored and will never have a career in the field and therefore never heard from again as a result.

Not too different what is now happening in the Netherlands with "nitrogen", a created problem via the green tyranny.... sorry the Green lobby. Farmers are now suddenly the culprit for a non-existing environmental problem. All because the green ty... lobby wants to turn a productive piece of land for centuries into wilderness again, cause that is somehow 'good'.

All those ideas to block the Sun, but chemtrails are still considered non-existent or are explained away as some side effect. (which leads to slow but sure drought over the years, there is your 'climate change'!)

"MIT scientists" Every time a sentence start like that read "here comes the huge lie and fraud we are trying to make you believe by invoking smart people we shall not name"

• Sure, and everybody worries about the oceans rising, but ignore the water hitting this planet every day from space. I thought I'd mention that for you people in the Netherlands. Not much of a concern here in the Copper Country at 600+ feet above sea level. That's why I hope Mills or others succeed. Get that excess hydrogen off the planet.

• We need to convert as much hydrogen to helium in LEN reactors as is possible. Now that we know that electron flow follows fluid dynamics, the most practical system to date is probably Brillouin's hydrogen hot tubes reactors in which the Q-pulses stimulate such behaviour whether the Widom-Larson theory of electron capture is correct or not. Providing a new primary energy resource at the same time as reversing Global Warming.

• The idea revolves heavily around the creation and deployment of several thin film-like silicon bubbles. The “space bubbles” as they refer to them, would be joined together like a raft. Once expanded in space it would be around the same size as Brazil. The bubbles would then provide an extra buffer against the harmful solar radiation that comes from the Sun.

Due to solar wind pressure this mirror would need constant flux of fuel for to keep it on metastable L1 point. The force exerted on an 1000 by 1000 metre solar sail, for example, is about 8 Newtons (weight of 80 grams). The permanent force of solar wind pushing the mirror of the size of Brazil (8.5 million square kilometers) will be around 680 tons (roughly the drag of three Proton's RD-275M engines). We should apparently find some way, how to compensate it by gravity. Anyway, the mass of mirror itself will be at least three - four orders of magnitude higher, so it would require thousands of Proton flights for to get such an object on the orbit. BTW if the bubbles will be filled with gas for to keep the mirror in shape, we should somehow cope with meteorites, which would permanently make holes through them.

• The ice on the North-pole was promised to be gone many years ago and yet Polar bears thrive and the is much Ice still, nothing really changed.

Polar bears did change their hunting style as there is no more ice for quite a long time. The global warming is now at 1.5C+ and the target for end of century is between 2.5 and 7C+ depending on the back coupling effect of methane from Russian permafrost soil that no longer is frozen...Not to forget the good old carnivore capitalist mafia that did burn done large parts of the forests in Malaysia, Borneo, Brazil. In Canada its done by a neat tiny insect, same in Germany.

So my advice: Buy a house that stays at least 50 meters above shore level. Sell all properties that is between 0..10 m above shore level. Forget some cities like Amsterdam, Kopenhagen,New York Boston LA, Bay area Sidney Vancouver, etc....

Some of you will see them sinking as the first chaotic events will shine up soon.

• Polar bears did change their hunting style as there is no more ice for quite a long time. The global warming is now at 1.5C+ and the target for end of century is between 2.5 and 7C+ depending on the back coupling effect of methane from Russian permafrost soil that no longer is frozen...Not to forget the good old carnivore capitalist mafia that did burn done large parts of the forests in Malaysia, Borneo, Brazil. In Canada its done by a neat tiny insect, same in Germany.

So my advice: Buy a house that stays at least 50 meters above shore level. Sell all properties that is between 0..10 m above shore level. Forget some cities like Amsterdam, Kopenhagen,New York Boston LA, Bay area Sidney Vancouver, etc....

Some of you will see them sinking as the first chaotic events will shine up soon.

I just read about how polar bears are using freshwater ice now to hunt. Now could the rapid rise in temp have anything to do the Earth's core temp rising. Estimates put the core temp at 6100 degrees, 1100 degrees higher than 50 years ago. Methane release will push us over the top, its inevitable. It's why I don't really like Jed's idea of burying trees. Clearing the land would release more methane than capturing and burying carbon.

• Wyttenbash has a good post re polar bears. The goto source if you have any questions regarding global waming is sceptical science. There is a page where you can find essentially most argumentsa gainst it and find a good writeup about it. Here is Polar Bears ... After reading a lot of the discussions and arguments on that site, a statement that a court would toss out environmental science is very laughable. The truth is the opposite. The guy's talking trash about global warming is the one that should be behind bars, see The good oil companies

• Unfortunately, the tidal power lagoon proposed for Cardiff Bay was shelved in 2018 even though the Welsh Government was willing to invest in it (on the grounds that the electricity it would produce would be too expensive - which in hindsight would be simply untrue). There are now only two tidal systems in the UK:

There are (as of February 2021) only two operational tidal power stations operating within the UK: MeyGen, on the Pentland Firth in Scotland, is operational but not fully completed, while Bluemull Sound in the Shetland Isles is also operational.2 Mar 2021

Political decisions, I guess, making cheap electricity a Tidal Power dream!

• Do they add the sun within the global environment element ?

looks like it can change things very quickly

mixing particle in the upper and interesting increase to lightning ect. and systemic starts getting out of hand at the same time. Seems most of it is chick or the egg debate

how much of the higher gasses get blown away from the cme's- to the dark side.

Can a Sprite make it to the ground ? like a cme can?

Interesting times for Solar/Wind.

• A new idea from an old paper- such things are my go-to places. ;) Though Ni is not on my 'non-toxic' list.

Forgotten research leads to nickel catalyst that turns CO2 into longer hydrocarbons
    Discovery shows that there is life beyond copper for carbon dioxide reduction
    www.chemistryworld.com

Forgotten research leads to nickel catalyst that turns CO2 into longer hydrocarbons.

An unexpected, simple catalyst might help in the quest to make hydrocarbons from carbon dioxide, rather than refining oil. The nickel-based system was developed by an international team of chemists from the National University of Singapore, ETH Zurich and the Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia, Tarragona, Spain.

Electrocatalysts made from abundant, non-toxic metals that can convert carbon dioxide to hydrocarbons are of huge interest in a shift away from a fossil-fuel economy. Copper has been the favoured metal to date, but doesn’t come without problems. Making molecules longer than three carbon atoms long has proven difficult, and copper ions are extremely mobile and electrocatalytic cells can often end up with copper ions leaching into the electrolyte, which degrades the cell.

So to find another metal would be a big deal. ‘For the last few years, we wanted to develop a catalyst that is able to produce molecules containing more carbon atoms. Having worked on copper ourselves and familiar with its strengths and limitations, we had a hunch that it would not be able to do the job,’ says Javier Pérez-Ramirez from ETH Zurich. The team knew that nickel was assumed to be inert, but they remembered a nearly 30-year-old paper that described how metallic nickel could reduce carbon dioxide to trace amounts of C3-4 hydrocarbons under high pressure carbon dioxide. ‘This made us ask if there could be a missed opportunity in using nickel electrocatalysts,’ Pérez-Ramirez says.

Y Zhou et al, Nat. Catal., 2022, 5, 545 (DOI: 10.1038/s41929-022-00803-5)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.