Covid-19 News

• Still concerns about getting testing off the ground here in the U.S. Below is just one line from the article. There aren’t nearly enough people being tested here. It seems like kind of a mess still.

“On Friday, New York City health officials directed medical providers to limit COVID-19 testing to people sick enough to require hospitalization, saying wider testing is exhausting supplies of protective equipment.“

https://apnews.com/4aac3a10664097f38633149367ac3928

• Shane D. ....the effect of distributing chloroquine on the pandemic has already been demonstrated in China since the discovery made on 2 Feb by Wang and coworkers. Probably in S Korea and Japan too.. Now that Elon Musk is on the case we might begin to see some common sense applied here. Maybe Jeff Bezos could distribute it on Amazon prime if the Western pharmacies WHO/NHS won't support it. You will always have one or two over-doses with a new use of a medication but to reiterate a story about a 2 yr old accidentally dying from it 37 yrs ago is more anti-Trump media dogma I don't like his politics but it be acts like a Mafia don to protect his own people by distribution of antivirals then good luck to him. And my proposition that chloroquine might have prophylactic properties seems to be sinking in. Thanks to team Google monitoring everything we say on this site. As soon as we have dealt with the COVID-19 problem we'd get back to LENR and solving the energy crisis.:)

• This article reports that in a group of people with symptoms of the disease, the only method that was capable of detecting the virus in all of them was stool sampling.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong…ransmitted-through-faeces

Odd. I had read another article a few days ago that said they detected no live virus in stool samples, only bits and pieces of viral RNA. This latest article implies there is live virus.

• Official Post

Shane D. ....the effect of distributing chloroquine on the pandemic has already been demonstrated in China since the discovery made on 2 Feb by Wang and coworkers. Probably in S Korea and Japan too.. Now that Elon Musk is on the case we might begin to see some common sense applied here. Maybe Jeff Bezos could distribute it on Amazon prime if the Western pharmacies WHO/NHS won't support it. You will always have one or two over-doses with a new use of a medication but to reiterate a story about a 2 yr old accidentally dying from it 37 yrs ago is more anti-Trump media dogma I don't like his politics but it be acts like a Mafia don to protect his own people by distribution of antivirals then good luck to him. And my proposition that chloroquine might have prophylactic properties seems to be sinking in. Thanks to team Google monitoring everything we say on this site. As soon as we have dealt with the COVID-19 problem we'd get back to LENR and solving the energy crisis.:)

Checking into this a little more, it appears at the moment the chloroquine is more a social media, internet craze. Health authorities in the developed world do not seem nearly so impressed. Example being Fauci toning down Trump's public enthusiasm about it being a game changer. Am I right? If so, it does not look promising that we will see it make an impact anytime soon. Without the full force of governments behind it's being disseminated, and then administered, it is not going to happen very quickly IMO.

What you and many others are saying it seems, is to bypass all that and get the drugs directly to the people. It risks a few overdoses, but that is a small price to pay in the face of the COVID possibly killing millions.

Do you think it possible this bypass route could ever happen in the developed countries? That would require government approval, and even with Musk/Trump pushing it, bureaucracies are loath to do these sort of things. That leaves scrounging around the world by those like yourself, looking for your own source. That won't do the masses any good though, nor help us get to the end sooner.

• Official Post

Odd. I had read another article a few days ago that said they detected no live virus in stool samples, only bits and pieces of viral RNA. This latest article implies there is live virus.

perhaps the title of the article is a bit misleading, is more detected than transmitted, but in this case is more a suggestion of how to proceed with testing.

• Official Post

Checking into this a little more, it appears at the moment the chloroquine is more a social media, internet craze. Health authorities in the developed world do not seem nearly so impressed. Example being Fauci toning down Trump's public enthusiasm about it being a game changer. Am I right? If so, it does not look promising that we will see it make an impact anytime soon. Without the full force of governments behind it's being disseminated, and then administered, it is not going to happen very quickly IMO.

What you and many others are saying it seems, is to bypass all that and get the drugs directly to the people. It risks a few overdoses, but that is a small price to pay in the face of the COVID possibly killing millions.

Do you think it possible this bypass route could ever happen in the developed countries? That would require government approval, and even with Musk/Trump pushing it, bureaucracies are loath to do these sort of things. That leaves scrounging around the world by those like yourself, looking for your own source. That won't do the masses any good though, nor help us get to the end sooner.

I think chloroquine is effective but it is, and this is well known, a very risky to use drug. Self medication is strongly not recommended. It can save you from the virus and kill you by stopping your heart at the same time.

• Official Post

I think chloroquine is effective but it is, and this is well known, a very risky to use drug. Self medication is strongly not recommended. It can save you from the virus and kill you by stopping your heart at the same time.

In a war though, as we are now in, do the benefits outweigh the risks:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…-major-disaster-area.html

• I think chloroquine is effective but it is, and this is well known, a very risky to use drug. Self medication is strongly not recommended. It can save you from the virus and kill you by stopping your heart at the same time.

This has to be repeated as chloroquine has a very slow metabolism what also makes it ideal to protect you for quite a long time. May be taking a first dose is a low risk - compared to the damage it can produce but the question is:

Who needs to take It? At what time? Small second dose? How much zinc added?

What is obvious: The big pharma mafia still sees a high potential that an expensive drug might work too. They potentially will try to divert the discussion.

Chloroquine has been shown to be active in vitro.- There is absolutely no discussion it should be used for people that start a lung inflammation. But as with all drugs there will be people that get it to late or have a running medication that prohibits its use. Thus always ask a doctor before doing self medication!

• Hmm, I think that it's virtually impossible to stop the rate of new infections in an initial phase. If 95% of the people stopped spreading the virus you would still have 5% that do not care and spread it within this group can be as coupled as normal society. And assuming this you will still get a 30% rate of increase in new cases. After some time depending on this group size the spread will decrease and we can delay. That's what's I'm hoping for, that the measures taken will lead to a not too fast process and the health care can cope. I'm an optimist though and think that we will find a simple enough cure for death so that we can get it over with before june. Else most probably a very long struggle with quite some deaths is ahead or a fast really deadly scenario.

At Ro of 2 - 3.5, if you prevent 95% of people from spreading, you kill the epidemic quickly.

If you prevent 75% of people spreading, you also kills it.

Ro needs to be below 1 for teh epidemic to exponentially decrease rather than increase, and Ro scales proportional to the number of people able to infect others.

That simplistic analysis is not quite correct, due to cluster effects at household and national level, but it is a decent first approximation.

• OK then what about all the travellers who've regularly used quinine analogues visiting malaria infested regions? Were any major qualms raised then when these drugs were used against malaria? No. Yes they do have side effects like cardiac arrhythmias and ECGs can be monitored so those with dodgy tickers could be advised to take favilavir or another antiviral like remdesavir if availiable. Or use lower doses. To achieve micromolar concentrations intracellular only 50 - 100 mg hydroxychloroquine daily would be necessary over a period of a week or so, together with 30 mg Zn citrate as supplement in case of Zn deficiency. I have contacted the BBC about this under their Q and answer session and hope to ask their reporters why the NHS and government are doing precisely nothing about anti viral treatment here in the face of good evidence that it has been highly effective elsewhere (China, S Korea, Japan). Let's see if it is effective in Italy now it has at long last been approved there. Nothing to stop Amazon distributing it on humanitarian grounds.:)

• It is all about Trump now. After he said he had high hopes about chloroquine, left media especially MSNBC bashed him for giving false sense of hope.

Then Fox News stepped in with the doctor confirming effectiveness of chloroquine and combinations here ;

http://video.foxnews.com/v/6143589956001/

That guy was doing what it is so easy to do, and saying "because this is an emergency, we can go for the treatment without 2000 person randomised double-blind test".

He is an oncologist, and his perspective is that if people are going to die anyway you try anything.

It is true, and worth doing.

However he says other things that are inaccurate:

"It has helped a lot of people" - we don't know that yet

"1 in 10,000 chance it could happen by chance" - misleading - it could happen through selection bias, bad reporting, bad methodology. The last two would maybe need bad faith, but selection bias is indicated from the paper, we just don't know how large it is.

In addition the argument is silly. It can be very quick, if we try hard, to find out whether these things work, and get rough info about reward vs risk, since we know the risks of these drugs already. So why not do that

I guess what I don't agree is the idea that we know yet whether this is the miracle solution that the graph of viral load vs the two drugs together suggests:

(1) All the issues about selection, methodology (20%)

(2) How well tolerated are qtys used in this trial for most patients (who have heart problems)? You can still help some people, but maybe not most if the doses needed are so high as to likely kill anyone with a heart probelm. (50%)

(3) How much does the virus not showing correlate to better clinical outcomes? (30%)

Number is brackets are my guess (uninformed) view of how likely the specific issue is to be important when this study is done more carefully. Which will happen shortly - France is already doing it...

Personally, I am quite hopeful about these drugs based on this oh so limited evidence. Against that, false dawns are all too common in this area and the above uncertainties remain, with numbers pretty well guesswork at this stage.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.