Covid-19 News

• FYI:

:Conclusions: Among hospitalized COVID-19 patients with hypertension, inpatient use of ACEI/ARB was associated with lower risk of all-cause mortality compared with ACEI/ARB non-users. While study interpretation needs to consider the potential for residual confounders, it is unlikely that in-hospital use of ACEI/ARB was associated with an increased mortality risk."

https://www.ahajournals.org/do…161/CIRCRESAHA.120.317134 from China.

• The evidence is starting to pile up. Antibody testing. I expect the controlled opposition to ramp up their moral shaming. The vulnerable folks include those with no incomes.

445: 4% have it - low end 50x more people [more cases than those tested] have it in population [2 million person county]

850: "about as deadly as flu...[or slightly worse]

1333: "on the order of the flu, a little bit worse" - "we are presenting a conservative estimate [0.2% mortality]"

1633: "I dont want to look back and second-guess [need to look forward]," "this virus can be deadly when healthcare is overwhelmed [hospitals]"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Flu is real folks. If we come in line with 2018 that would be great (where were the people on this board shaming others then - volunteering at hospitals?)

• a less deadly one like the seasonal flu we are used to never has.

Don't forget that there is a somewhat effective vaccine for the most severe types of influenza. There is even a high potency version for older individuals. And the H1N1 type, capable of creating a severe pandemic is included. Things might be very different for "ordinary" influenza if there were no vaccine.

I will observe in passing that the common use of "flu" for what is really a severe common cold (rhinovirus or less serious coronavirus types or even strep) is extremely misleading. Influenza can be quite severe and is often much more than a serious common cold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…wine_flu_pandemic_vaccine

• When I talk about "giving food" I do not mean the U.S. should supply 100% of the calories needed to keep people alive.

No matter what we do, without adequate population control, the food (and water) supply eventually will fail to keep up. China has been very good about this, even though we might disagree about how they went about it. Many undeveloped countries are not. Many religions discourage or forbid birth control. Unless things change, we and the Earth are doomed anyway. It's a matter of time. This OT so if admins want to move it, that's fine.

• A medical worker again, FYI (from a neighborhood forum):

"From my sister , A California Doctor who went to NYC to help. ONLY BEEN THERE 10 Days.

Hi. Doing fine- working night shift = 1000 pm to 600 am. Pretty much all I do is sleep when I get back to the room. All of the patients are COVID19 positive in various stages of healing. The other night I had a non English speaking pt, a Russian lady, a French speaker from West Africa, several Spanish only, and the rest English speakers- about 40 patients. Had a guy in his 30,s who's 30 yr old wife died in the hospital before he was transferred to us. Last night a women who's son with whom she lived was found dead in their house. The daughter called to tell the staff to get the chaplain and social worker in the room when she told the pt that her son was dead. So many death stories. It's really real here. Those idiots in Michigan out protesting having to stay home need to come to NYC and walk through a hospital...... People with no medical problems coughing their heads off unable to breathe and their is no cure. Stay home and social isolate and stay alive. This is serious. Ok have to get ready for work now. Love you"

• No matter what we do, without adequate population control, the food (and water) supply eventually will fail to keep up.

I meant in response to the present coronavirus crisis. Third world countries are reporting famine because of the disruptions in food supplies and sudden unemployment.

However, the population is now under control. It does not seem that way, but it is. It continues to grow only because people over 40 are living longer than they did decades ago. Once that cohort reaches age 80 and dies, the population will stop growing. The cohort under age 20 has been stable since the 1990s. That is to say, the number of children born each year worldwide has not increased, except in a few countries. Those countries are mainly war-torn or otherwise in deep trouble. In countries with an adequate education systems and basic medical care, the population is now stable. That includes countries such as Bangladesh. Families seldom have more than 2 children, worldwide.

See:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ugh, not the best news on remdesivir. Still needs more trials, but it’s sounds like it’s pretty questionable at the moment.

“The Financial Times said — citing documents accidentally published by the World Health Organization — that Gilead Sciences’ drug remdesivir did not improve patients’ condition or reduce the coronavirus pathogen in their bloodstream. Those findings, according to the report, came from a clinical trial in China.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite also cut their gains on the report, while Gilead was briefly halted for volatility.

But the major averages then rebounded after Gilead took issue with the report, saying: “Because this study was terminated early due to low enrollment, it was underpowered to enable statistically meaningful conclusions. As such, the study results are inconclusive, though trends in the data suggest a potential benefit for remdesivir, particularly among patients treated early in disease.

The report and Gilead’s subsequent statement came a week after STAT News reported that Chicago patients taking remdesivir to treat coronavirus were recovering rapidly from severe virus symptoms. That report lifted market sentiment, sending stock sharply higher.”

• did not improve patients’ condition or reduce the coronavirus pathogen in their bloodstream.

In the bloodstream? Are you sure? I didn't think that the blood was where virus levels were tested but it could be.

From the article:

"Gilead itself also cautioned that anecdotal reports are not enough to determine yet whether the drug will be an effective treatment.

Still, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said the drug could give the economy a “fighting chance.”

“Remdesivir sounds like something that can get people out of hospitals quickly,” Cramer said in a tweet Thursday. “That allows our economy to have a fighting chance..I think that remdesivir would cut the morbidity ... which would change how quickly we can open... and what we can do.”

In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, Cramer is a loud mouthed idiot whose predictions are almost always wrong. However, this time, I hope he is right. But he has little reason to make the statement.

---------------------------------------------

From a neighborhood forum in response to a post of mine about blindness (and most other issues) is not a problem for chronic lupus and RA patients on HCQ:

"Thanks for addressing this...your response is correct. I am a Lupus patient and have taken this drug over 15 yrs. I have no side effects and get my vision tested as required."

The stupid media reporters on both sides are politicizing the issue of HCQ and AZI. Incredibly stupid thing to do.

• From Worldometer - Coronavirus USA - data notes April 23

New York State Governor Cuomo said that preliminary findings from an antibody study conducted on 3,000 people at grocery stores across New York State found a 13.9% had coronavirus antibodies, suggesting a 13.9% actual infection rate statewide (21.2% in New York City), which translates to an estimate of about 2,700,000 actual cases in New York State (10 times more than the about 270,000 cases that have been detected and reported officially). Governor Cuomo acknowledged that the official count reported by New York State (which still is not including probable deaths as recommended by the new CDC guidelines) of about 15,500 deaths is "not accurate" as it doesn't account for stay at home deaths. Based on Worldometer's count (which includes probable deaths reported by New York City) of about 21,000 deaths and the 2,700,000 case estimate from the new antibody study, the actual case fatality rate in New York State could be at around 0.78%

This is a bit depressing, but fairly robust data.

• From Worldometer - Coronavirus USA - data notes April 23

New York State Governor Cuomo said that preliminary findings from an antibody study conducted on 3,000 people at grocery stores across New York State found a 13.9% had coronavirus antibodies, suggesting a 13.9% actual infection rate statewide (21.2% in New York City), which translates to an estimate of about 2,700,000 actual cases in New York State (10 times more than the about 270,000 cases that have been detected and reported officially). Governor Cuomo acknowledged that the official count reported by New York State (which still is not including probable deaths as recommended by the new CDC guidelines) of about 15,500 deaths is "not accurate" as it doesn't account for stay at home deaths. Based on Worldometer's count (which includes probable deaths reported by New York City) of about 21,000 deaths and the 2,700,000 case estimate from the new antibody study, the actual case fatality rate in New York State could be at around 0.78%

Doubt it. They count every death with a positive PCR test as a Covid death. Stage 4 cancer death + test -> Covid death. There are whistleblowers talking about this but hard to find. [most of you are scared to death on here because of fraudlent excel data - would you speak out if you could be fired because of it! No.]. I can't verify this guy, but he indicates in his facility any respiratory failure was Covid. Heart failure + Breathing problems -> Covid.

People die folks. Manipulation is rampant.

• Well, I won't hold you accountable. Maybe others will, but I believe you, and Jed think your way will save more lives. I think you both are wrong though, but we are all arguing from the standpoint of being humanitarian, and sparing the most lives.

As to your point about "letting people die by enabling it's spread"...do not forget herd immunity. The Swedes are defending their policies against attack from the media, and others by saying something to the effect "do not judge us by the numbers now. This is just the beginning of the soccer match and we don't know the end score yet. Wait 3 years, and we will see if we saved more lives than you did". When this is over, we may be able to say the less drastic measures worked the best, but maybe not.

And, much like our politicians, when this all shakes out, both sides of this argument will say:

“See, I told you so, I knew it all along, I was right and you were wrong”.

Because it will not be possible to prove/disprove either way.

This is why it is political, both sides can say anything they want, cherry picking data to support their arguments while ignoring the data that refutes their arguments.

Condemning and praising according to their ideology, while it should be obvious to all that no one has a clue as to what exactly should be done.

• Three Ways to Make Corona Virus Drugs in a Hurry

Interesting article;

It was researchers external to Gilead that tested the drug and then alerted Gilead that it could potentially disrupt the virus replication.

Another contender to do the same thing (EIDD-2801) they are actually more hopeful for because (unlike Remdesivir) it can be taken orally.

Also discussed are potential drugs to glue up the viral spike to stop entry into cells.

And thirdly potential treatments for the cytokine storm.

All these seem to be existing drugs or treatments thus speeding up their application. But still much work to do.

The view is that none of these will be a cure but that a successful treatment may include a combination of therapies to alleviate the disease and aid the patient.

• Doubt it. They count every death with a positive PCR test as a Covid death. Stage 4 cancer death + test -> Covid death. There are whistleblowers talking about this but hard to find. [most of you are scared to death on here because of fraudlent excel data - would you speak out if you could be fired because of it! No.]. I can't verify this guy, but he indicates in his facility any respiratory failure was Covid. Heart failure + Breathing problems -> Covid.

I'd have more confidence in this argument if it was not itself blatantly manipulative. You have a view, and make the arguments that might support it without the evidence.

Evidence?

In the UK and Europe I know your argument does not wash because the mortality figures are way up over normal.

https://www.nytimes.com/intera…virus-missing-deaths.html

Are you saying that the US is uniquely different?

These figures say not:

https://www.nytimes.com/intera…deaths-new-york-city.html

THH

PS - advice: don't believe youtube videos. They tend to be high on PR and low on fact.

• Official Post

Why is this a bit depressing? To me it means that the virus is not so deadly as first thought. That sounds like very good news in fact. If upheld with further sampling, it would indicate we are well on our way to herd immunity, with not nearly so large a loss of life as once feared. Better yet, with 14% of the population already exposed, they likely would have unwittingly spread the virus to almost the entire population...even while abiding by the social distance laws.

That would suggest some natural resistance for a large majority of the population. That is in line with a growing body of evidence collected from China, small German town, cruise ship Diamond Princess, aircraft carrier USS Roosevelt, Stanford study (Ioannidis), showing the same thing. That number 15%, give or take, keeps popping up out of the data, like it means something important. Perhaps the theory that this may "burn out" like most flus do, has some merit.

• Doubt it. They count every death with a positive PCR test as a Covid death. Stage 4 cancer death + test -> Covid death. There are whistleblowers talking about this but hard to find. [most of you are scared to death on here because of fraudlent excel data - would you speak out if you could be fired because of it! No.]. I can't verify this guy, but he indicates in his facility any respiratory failure was Covid. Heart failure + Breathing problems -> Covid.

Meanwhile Folkhälsomyndigheten fixed their flaw in the report And a new version should be available now or soon. They found that 1 out of 75 infected was not registred as infected. This gives death rate 1/75*2/16.8 = 0.16%. When it comes to the fraction of infected it looks like New York and Stockholm have similar numbers.

• Why is this a bit depressing? To me it means that the virus is not so deadly as first thought.

Most people go by the earlier 0.66% projection (a month ago). There was still room to hope it might be 50% of that (as in the German Ho study). This figure is not conclusive, but it is bad news not good news.

No-one thought or said the published CFR rates were going to be the true IFR, as we have discussed here many times.

Both side try to manipulate.

Counting deaths is the wrong thing as the overwhelming number of deaths has age > 65 and the loss of live span in average is small. But every live counts in our society because people no longer know how to die. My uncle is 89. He lives alone, regularly goes to a shop buying food as he has no preconditions. He simply says I had my live. Why bother?

Oh yes - I know why other aged ones do cry or take the next chemotherapy ! If you have a lot of money then there is certainly an island left you yet missed to fly. An island you did not spread your dirty so far...

But the risk is with the young ones working in healthcare with improper protection that get a high first dose. The same for the poor ones, living in one room all together with a sick daddy. In the US 2-3 times more black people are affected in relation to total population.

Manipulations only ends if we are back to humanity, what the French revolution once asked for. The same chances for everybody especially for the essential things, like the right to survive... This could include a decision/law to forbid any therapy if it can only be done for wealthy people.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.