Covid-19 News

• You keep saying you understand that the cure can't be worse than the disease, but then go on to dwell only on the fatality numbers associated with the disease. Personally I think you only give lip service to those who have been, and will be devastated by the shut downs. All you really care about is dramatizing the death toll on one side of the equation. That sounds like politics to me. The same kind of politics being played out on a national level with the media.

If you really cared about all of those suffering through this, you would be a little more balanced in your arguments. Same goes for the media. Very apparent at this point, that with 30 million lost jobs in 2 months, and >100 million people in undeveloped countries slipping into poverty (which to many will be a death sentence), and so little being written about them, this is more about political agendas, than compassion.

I don't know the death rate from suicide or the depth of the damage to the society. In the US and places like Brazil and the UK, part of the problem is the monumental incompetence and horrible example set by the current administrations with the exception of the scientists. And they are ending up in quarantine due to the negligence and incompetence of their leaders.

But my main point should be: your issue doesn't matter and here is why. If you let loose the society, cases and deaths and disability from the disease will rise exponentially again. Intelligent people will withdraw into their own quarantine and stay home. The rest will play a Darwinian roulette game that they won't win. Pandemics are inexorable. They don't respond to wishfullness. They only respond to vaccines, effective medications, social distancing, mask wearing and voluminous testing with case tracing. Attempts to short circuit the process will get millions of people maimed and injured. And the young who are less affected, will bring the disease home to maim or kill their parents or anyone in the house who has an underlying impairment, including one they may not even be aware of. The experiment is being done, unfortunately. The results are not going to be pretty.

• Official Post

Germany fears second wave of pandemic flu.

https://www.theguardian.com/wo…of-coronavirus-infections

In cities including Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart, demonstrators – including rightwing extremists and anti-vaxxers – gathered in their thousands on Saturday, protesting against lockdown restrictions that are already being rapidly loosened.

The wearing of hygiene masks, while now mandatory in shops and on public transport, is not consistently policed, and often only casually adhered to.

Over the weekend, the empirical findings of the Robert Koch Institute, the government’s disease control agency, seemed to match the anecdotal evidence that many people had gathered over the past few days.

The RKI announced on Sunday that the reproduction number (R), indicating how many new cases one infected person generates on average, had for two consecutive days risen above the critical threshold of one, to 1.1. As recently as Wednesday, when Merkel announced the latest steps of the exit strategy, the R number had been as low as 0.65.

• No, they are not. Don't you tire of being wrong? You do an amazing job at it. Do you ever look anything up before writing?

Once more for you the Swiss figures with the 97%

New York - what you linked - is not representative as it has third world status regions with lots of people with absolute "0" medical support. The above link is from a Swiss hot spot region with high infection rate based on 5000+ cases.

• Uncertainty about how many "collateral" deaths might have been caused by COVID19 and its lockdown-

US death toll could be double official figure, expert warns as thousands avoid seeking medical help over coronavirus fears

https://www.independent.co.uk/…id-29-cases-a9504911.html

The true number of people who have died during the coronavirus pandemic in America could be double the official figure, an adviser to the Centres for Disease Control (CDC) has warned, as evidence emerges that large numbers of seriously ill people have failed to seek medical attention for life-threatening conditions because of the contagion...…

conditions such as heart failure, strokes or cancer of people who failed to get treatment, either because they were too scared to go to hospital, or else their appointment was cancelled...

The clearest evidence yet that people with serious conditions are staying away from hospitals has emerged in the world of cardiology. Last month, ProPublica reported several cities, including Boston and Detroit, had seen a spike in cases of people dying at home from heart attacks....

• Official Post

https://www.foxnews.com/politi…eterans-fight-coronavirus

Senator Schumer; the US Senates "minority Leader", or leader of the democrats (liberals), will be further politicizing the use of HCQ by asking the head of the Veterans Administration (Wilkie) to:

"There are concerns that they are using this drug when the medical evidence says it doesn't help and could hurt," Schumer said.

He also said VA Secretary Robert Wilkie should answer questions about a recent analysis of VA hospital data that showed there were more deaths among patients given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, including how much patients knew about the drug's risks before taking it."

You might remember the VA "Observational Study", as the one that has been thoroughly discredited. So weak, the VA doctor/author was accused by many of having political motives. Politics as usual, but what caught my eye is this comment from the article:

"Wilkie, in recent weeks, claimed it (HCQ) has been effective for young and middle-aged veterans in particular."

In addition to that, Wilkie also added that:

"That’s an observational study. It’s not a clinical study … We know the drug has been working on middle-age and younger veterans. And the gov of NY was just in the Oval Office yesterday asking for more"

So the VA says here that " we know HCQ has been working on middle aged and younger veterans". That is something not reported until today as far as I know.

• Official Post

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10…rline-job-cuts/index.html

"Ultimately, we will likely see 95,000 to 105,000 jobs lost in the US airline industry," said Helane Becker, airline analyst at financial services firm Cowen, in a note.

Airlines are running up huge losses now, partly because they can't furlough or cut their staffs more deeply despite their bare-bones flight schedules, even though passenger traffic has essentially fallen to zero."

• Shane D. wrote:

So the VA says here that " we know HCQ has been working on middle aged and younger veterans". That is something not reported until today as far as I know

Tell me again how they *"know"* it works? Which correctly designed study was that? I must have missed it.

And yes, Schumer's statement was moronic. Lots of politicians often behave like ayholes.

Talking about ayholes, anyone see the first segment of "60 Minutes" tonight? The segment discusses how funding for the principal scientist working under NIH sponsorship with the internationally well-reputed Wuhan Virus Lab - his funding was stopped. Why? Because he said that the scientific evidence shows a) the virus could not possibly be synthetic and b) it did not come from an accidental release but rather from an animal source, most probably pengelins. So guess who the ayhole is who always seems to cut science funding from the most critical and essential places usually because he is too stupid and lazy to understand it.

• Heartbreaking: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07…s-missing-intl/index.html

"When Flavio Ramos was wheeled into the hospital room, he was gasping for air and slipping in and out of consciousness. So it was his son, Arturo, who first noticed the bodies.

Two corpses laid unattended on the tile floor. By the next morning, the body count in the room rose to three. Flavio Ramos was dead.

More than a month later, his family still hasn't buried Flavio Ramos. They couldn't if they tried. Because soon after his death, Arturo Ramos says hospital authorities lost the body."

... much more in the article. Ecuador is in serious trouble it can not cope with. And yet more: https://www.theguardian.com/wo…/ecuador-guayaquil-mayor-

• Official Post

Tell me again how they *"know"* it works? Which correctly designed study was that? I must have missed it.

That is all there is, so how am i supposed to know how 'they know" HCQ works on young and middle aged veterans? If that had been included, I would have copied it here..but it wasn't. This Wilkie who said this is the VA head, so I give the statement some weight. Looking forward to more information from him, and the VA to back that up.

When/if he does, it would be further confirmation that HCQ may work, and another nail in the coffin of the VA Study.

• Official Post

Talking about ayholes, anyone see the first segment of "60 Minutes" tonight? The segment discusses how funding for the principal scientist working under NIH sponsorship with the internationally well-reputed Wuhan Virus Lab - his funding was stopped. Why? Because he said that the scientific evidence shows a) the virus could not possibly be synthetic and b) it did not come from an accidental release but rather from an animal source, most probably pengelins. So guess who the ayhole is who always seems to cut science funding from the most critical and essential places usually because he is too stupid and lazy to understand it.

Mostly what I have read is that the western consensus is the Wu Lab was studying the bat virus...not synthesizing, and it escaped. New evidence indicates that may have happened in early-mid October. First infections in the US followed in Dec. And frankly, I have no clue why we would be funding research in a communist Chinese virus lab in the first place. Accordingly, the main theme of the 60 Minutes segment should have been about that, not his whining about losing funding.

• The virulent attack on HCQ is disturbing. I hope The Media, NIH and CDC are not putting money before lives, but the financial control that NIH/CDC exercise over Academia and the political control Pharma exerts over NIH/CDC is troubling --

"Top 50 NIH-Funded Institutions of 2018"

https://www.genengnews.com/a-l…ded-institutions-of-2018/

"Our Partners: Corporations

The following includes a list of CDC Foundation corporate donors and partners over time: Abbott, ......"

https://www.cdcfoundation.org/partner-list/corporations

A couple of commentators are also dismayed --

"The Cost of Big Pharma’s Covid-19 Vaccine Will Be Paid in Lives and in Billions of Dollars"

https://www.paulcraigroberts.o…d-in-billions-of-dollars/

"Say Goodbye to HCQ Because it Works"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And, a couple of recent items on heparin as an anti-viral as well as an anticoagulant --

"Glycosaminoglycans Such As Heparin Could Emerge As New Antivirals For COVID-19 Disease"

https://www.thailandmedical.ne…rals-for-covid-19-disease

"SARS-CoV-2 spike protein binds heparan sulfate in a length- and sequence-dependent manner"

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.10.087288v1

• The virulent attack on HCQ is disturbing. I hope The Media, NIH and CDC are not putting money before lives, but the financial control that NIH/CDC exercise over Academia and the political control Pharma exerts over NIH/CDC is troubling --

That observational veteran's study contributes nothing much to the debate on HCQ: but the evidence, from trials all over the world, is not good. In your heart you know that. And were HCQ obviously helpful then better RCT evidence would likely exist by now.

So the idea that scientists (for whatever reason) are biassed against HCQ is strange. It is the drug getting the most attention and the most tests.

I think the reason scientists are negative at the moment is that they have in the past (SARS) had their fingers burnt adopting therapies in haste that turned out to be harmful not helpful, and the RCT score for HCQ is poor.

It is rather like computer programmers learning you should always keep backups of anything you care about. No-one really takes it seriously till they have been burnt.

People here mistake genuine and correct caution for negative bias.

THH

• SARS-Cov-2 or HCov-19 causes the illness covid-19 or kevin-19 as I like to call it. The main cause of death seems to be an inappropriate Inflammation response. Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) form an important part of the inflammation response. There are many natural anti-oxidant / antivirals. Curcurmin is one. Others are

- High dose Vitamine C (1g - 5g)

- Pterostilbene (from blueberries)

- Berberine

Of interest in particular is Berberine. HCov-19 has guanine quadruplexes and a quintuplex in its genome. Berberine has been shown to bind G4 quadruplexes into a stacked form preventing RNA transcription processes and thus viral reproduction.

• numbers from the UK show- having about 11,000 more deaths a week than usual. 8,000 of these mention Covid19 on the certificates meaning that 3,000 a week are caused in one way or another by the ’lockdown’.

That is unlikely. A lockdown in the UK is not likely to kill many people. It would only kill elderly or disabled people who starve to death. The elderly and disabled in the UK are getting help from neighbors and the NHS. Some people in the U.S. are dying of diseases other than the coronavirus because they are afraid to go to the hospital. They fear they will get the coronavirus. That is not the fault of the lockdown.

• Official Post

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

50,000+ said to be the real death toll...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.