Covid-19 News

• IMO, the increased calls to Poison Control also coincide with the scare campaign against IVM use. Patient looks at the pills they have been taking for COVID, and see that their doctor gave them that horse paste/livestock dewormer stuff they heard about on the news. They freak out, and call the Poison Center to see if they will be OK.

The CDC, FDA, AMA and all the other alphabet soup of agencies/organizations lining up against IVM, then have another stat (a stat they played a role in skewing) they can use to scare the people even more.

• In the UK, 61% of people testing positive for COVID-19 reported symptoms in July 2021.

Wow! This explains the high UK death rate! People wait until they no longer can escape....

But this explains nothing about all the hidden infections. As said 80% of all people do not notice an CoV-19 infection.

India: Uttar Pradesh 205 mio people: So far 1.7mio cases but seropositive rate > 70% --> >140 mio. silent cases...

OK - for sure many had symptoms but no money to visit a doctor .. but silently survived...

but everything the CDC tells you is true.

Why do you believe this? Because you too are a member of FM/R/X/B?

• Patient looks at the pills they have been taking for COVID, and see that their doctor gave them that horse paste/livestock dewormer stuff they heard about on the news. They freak out, and call the Poison Center to see if they will be OK.

I read that 70% of the ivermectin calls are for the animal forms of the drug. Anyone with half a brain knows that the doctors cannot prescribe those forms. 30% are for the human pills. Many people manage to get them without a prescription. There are 88,000 prescriptions that we know about, but shortages and other indications show that many more doses than that are distributed. Ivermectin is a dangerous drug that causes many problems when used correctly for the purposes it is intended. Anyone who uses it today to treat COVID is a reckless, ignorant, certified idiot. By definition. No sensible person ignores the advice of the AMA, the CDC and the others. Especially the people who use ivermectin instead of getting vaccinated resemble young men who get plastered on a 6-pack of beer, climb a high tension power line tower, and piss on the power line wire.

The CDC, FDA, AMA and all the other alphabet soup of agencies/organizations lining up against IVM, then have another stat (a stat they played a role in skewing) they can use to scare the people even more.

Good for them. That is their job. People should be scared. The more people they scare, the more lives they will save, and the less jammed up the hospitals will be. I wish we could take all of the anti-vaxxers and ivermectin advocates and give them a tour of the hospital wards. Let them see the results of their stupidity. Alas, we cannot do that, and many of them think the pandemic is fake news and that no one is sick or dying.

• ICMR Includes Ivermectin for COVID-19 Indication in National List of Essential Medicines

ICMR Includes Ivermectin for COVID-19 Indication in National List of Essential Medicines
    The Indian government recently slashed the price of 39 important drugs covering a range of therapeutic drugs from cancer to COVID-19 as part of the
    trialsitenews.com

The Indian government recently slashed the price of 39 important drugs covering a range of therapeutic drugs from cancer to COVID-19 as part of the revised Indian National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM). TrialSite reports among the commonly used drugs prominently on the list are ivermectin indicated for SARS-CoV-2, the virus behind COVID-19. Reported in PharmaBiz among others “Interestingly, the additions in the list include drugs including Ivermectin, which has been touted by many as an effective drug to treat Covid-19 virus, though some experts deny any such effect on the same”

The Situation

The NLEM list goes back a number of years yet takes on a new imperative given health and economic suffering caused by COVID-19. The toll of the pandemic has been hard on the Indian population thus the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)—the apex biomedical research body of India and one of the oldest and largest medical research institutes in the world—has been eying price controls as a means of providing patient relief.

Price controls across targeted therapeutic areas include the following:

· Cancer

· Diabetes

· Anti-viral

· TB

· COVID-19

The Announcement

On Thursday evening September 2, national health minister Mansukh Mandaviya shared the list of price controls at an event in ICMR. This list had been in the works for many months and throughout the process, 16 drugs were cut from the list reported the Economic Times Healthworld.

The Process

Headed by Balram Bhargava, secretary in the department of health research and director-general of the ICMR, a ICMR Standing Committee on Medicines deviated from the existing practice of placing caps on all of the drugs on the list.

In refining a national shortlist of drugs, the committee sent their final recommendations to a review committee including the health ministry which categorizes the drugs and then routes the list for incorporation into what’s called “Schedule of the Drug Price Control Order” by the department of pharmaceuticals under the Indian ministry of chemicals and fertilizers. Thereafter the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority ensures the prices are fixed.

Ivermectin

Multiple media sources in India verified that ivermectin was on the list indicated for COVID-19.

While the committee did listen to the WHO they apparently ignored any advice about ivermectin and its use off label for COVID-19.

TrialSite reported that on April 22 the Ministry of health, AIIMS, and ICMR updated the national COVID-19 treatment protocol. The new protocol includes recommending Ivermectin and Budesonide for all patients with a mild case of COVID.

On April 28th a new more detailed document was released, in which the Ministry of Health advised patients who are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms to use Ivermectin and Budesonide and not to use Remdesivir outside hospital facilities. And on April 29th in a press conference, the ministry of health once again confirmed the new protocol. These updates were presented in a media update on April 30, 2021, and can be viewed here. Also, see the link for the official protocol including Ivermectin and Budesonide.

TrialSite was informed by multiple sources that the World Health Organization has expressed opposition to any nation indicating acceptance of ivermectin. Sources share this also was a factor and although Uttar Pradesh seemingly embraced ivermectin for a dramatically successful turnaround of cases as reported here, the Union Health Ministry and Family Welfare’s directorate general of health services known as DHS changed the guidelines again to cease use of Ivermectin and Doxycycline for COVID-19 treatment, dropping all medicines except for antipyretic and antitussives for asymptomatic and mild cases.

Yet ICMR which secures its funding via the DHS Research appears to continue to promote ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19.

Govt revises NLEM: Slashes prices of 39 common drugs
    The experts working on the NLEM list have deleted 16 odd drugs from the list.
    www.indiatvnews.com

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That is definitely not true of people who drive at 60 mph on 25 mph roads, people who rob banks, and people who sexually abuse children. Law enforcement officers usually find out about these crimes, they make vigorous efforts to arrest such people, and they usually succeed. People only get away with things when nobody notices. That is why drunk drivers often continue for years without being arrested.

I do not think the conscience prevented people from committing crimes in the past more than it does today. I do not think people were more moral or decent in the past. They were about the same. Law enforcement and social standards have more of an effect on behavior than people's own personal morality. KKK terrorism in the south was much worse than anything we have nowadays. It was sanctioned by the states and by law enforcement, so the criminals had nothing to fear. If police officers were to look the other way and ignore bank robbers, many more banks would be robbed.

For 20 years or so, political leaders decided it was okay to let the Sackler family kill 500,000 people for profit. The Sacklers had billions of dollars giving them political influence. They could hire so many hot shot lawyers they could not be touched. They never will be. The $4 billion fine is a minor annoyance for them. The Sackers are homicidal sociopaths, as I said. There are thousands, probably millions of other homicidal sociopaths in the U.S. and everywhere in the world, but they hardly ever manage to kill hundreds of people, never mind 500,000. The Sacklers are right up there with Pol Pot and Nazi regime in the annals of 20th century genocide. Millions of other people would love to do what they did, but law enforcement, courts, and other institutions usually prevent them. People here rail against Big Pharma, claiming it kills for profit, and it lies. Obviously some Big Pharma companies do that! The Sackler's company Purdue Pharma did. Many other pharma companies would do that, if they thought they could get away with it. Some of the CEOs are sociopaths. We know this because sociopaths are everywhere in society. But the CEOs know they cannot get away with murder. They would probably be caught and punished, unlike the Sacklers. So they abide by the law. No doubt they are jealous of the Sacklers, just as many people envy the Mafia.

A point by point reply would be long winded, I'm not much into debaters.

But if every time someone broke a rule and it was of consequence to step in to change things it would be rude to just kill them without knowing why. or who" did it. like whats going on now.
    an attempt to stop all this gets deleted,

Warning sent are twisted

Again, starting a fight with Satin -Some call Clayton

This is going to end one way or another.

but its best to know who' is not the boss.

• The AMA advises against using it.

No sensible person ignores the advice of the AMA, the CDC and the others

According to Mother Jones Magazine, the AMA represents ~16% of practicing US doctors. All the rest are members in their own specialties associations or colleges.

Here the Assoc of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) pushes back against the AMA's stance against IVM, and their calling on pharmacists to not fill IVM prescriptions:

AAPS Letter to AMA Re: Ivermectin and COVID - AAPS | Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
    Gerald E. Harmon, M.D. President, American Medical Association AMA Plaza 330 N. Wabash Ave., Suite 39300 Chicago, IL 60611-5885 Dear Dr. Harmon: The AMA has…
    aapsonline.org

And yes, the AAPS is known to be political and vocal, but so is the AMA.

• According to Mother Jones Magazine, the AMA represents ~16% of practicing US doctors. All the rest are members in their own specialties associations or colleges.

Let me rephrase: No sensible person ignores the advice of 16% of practicing doctors. Especially when it is common knowledge that nearly all other doctors agree with them. You can tell that from the fact that 96% of doctors are fully vaccinated. (See below.) It is not likely they would be vaccinated if they did not think it is a good idea. It would be highly unprofessional for them to tell their patients not to get vaccinated when they themselves are vaccinated.

Many GOP politicians and everyone at FOX News is vaccinated, but they tell gullible followers not to get vaccinated. (The vaccine is mandated at FOX News.) Unlike doctors, those people have no professional obligations. They are not licensed. You cannot stop them by revoking a license, even though they are lying, and endangering and killing members of the public. FOX News people are even allowed to openly encourage people to violate the laws, as you see in the video below. I guess that does not cross the line into criminality, but it sure is despicable.

As for ivermectin, anyone with elementary knowledge of statistics can see that it probably does not work, and even if it does, the effect is marginal. Depending on it to avoid getting sick instead of getting the vaccine is an insane thing to do. There is no reason why a fully vaccinated doctor or anyone else would use ivermectin. There is no need for it. Even if you get a breakthrough case, you will probably only need ordinary over the counter medication, unless you very old and in poor health with some serious disease.

Some nurses and other medical workers are not vaccinated. In Texas, a hospital chain told them they must be vaccinated or they would be fired. Only a few refused. I suppose others were resentful. The Atlanta clinic and hospital I go to mandated vaccinations for all employees. I wouldn't go there if they had not, any more than I would go to a restaurant where they advertise that the cook pisses into the soup.

Here is a FOX News reporter engaged in manslaughter for profit, and encouraging people to break the law:

Doctor reacts to Fox News host defending fake vaccine cards - CNN Video
    Dr. William Schaffner reacts to Fox News' Tucker Carlson defending the use of fake Covid-19 vaccination cards.
    www.cnn.com

• A point by point reply would be long winded

No, it would be short. Very short. There is no a single point you can make, which is why you will not try. You are not fooling anyone.

Warning sent are twisted

Again, starting a fight with Satin

What do you have against silk fabric?

Okay, I will grant, the feeling of satin gives me willies, and a satin blanket tends to slide off the bed. But I don't go railing on about it.

• doctors follow their own best judgement within the law written by criminals

The law may or may not be written by criminals. But people who are sure the law is written by criminals have given up on democracy - which is worse.

I don't like 80% of what our government does, I believe our PM is selfish, disorganised, negligent, and a thoroughly bad leader. But he, god help us, was elected and suffering this is our penance as a country for voting for the wrong person.

I'd rather suffer bad leaders than not be able to choose them in a democracy that offers peaceful change of power.

• Many GOP politicians and everyone at FOX News is vaccinated, but they tell gullible followers not to get vaccinated. (The vaccine is mandated at FOX News.) Unlike doctors, those people have no professional obligations.

Yes, the problem with selling a powerful story that panders to a single coherent political group (in this case the Trump new republicans) is that you lose all sense of balance, and all sense of honour. But then TV talk show hosts are not all renowned for honour.

I've always thought politicians I did not agree with were wrong - because they did not agree with me. I often think politicians are stupid, say stupid things that I know are false. But this phenomena of politicians being deliberately and overtly deceitful - with everyone knowing it. It is a part of the post Truth world and I will resist it to my dying breath*

* False statement made for rhetoric - as so many do - I'm not one to die for political beliefs. But if I were this would do it.

• I believe our PM is selfish, disorganised, negligent, and a thoroughly bad leader.

But he is a charming scamp. And sometimes honest. He said "I was too fat," so now he goes jogging. He says, "the great thing about going for a run at the beginning of the day is that nothing could be worse for the rest of the day."

Also . . .

For he himself has said it, and it's greatly to his credit, that he was born in New York City.

I also like his plan to establish a rapid response laboratory to develop new mRNA vaccines in the event of a future pandemic.

• Wow! This explains the high UK death rate! People wait until they no longer can escape....

But this explains nothing about all the hidden infections. As said 80% of all people do not notice an CoV-19 infection.

India: Uttar Pradesh 205 mio people: So far 1.7mio cases but seropositive rate > 70% --> >140 mio. silent cases...

OK - for sure many had symptoms but no money to visit a doctor .. but silently survived...

• We know the approx ratio from the UK because most people with COVID-like symptoms turn into cases (the 55% silent calculated)
    • We know the exact ratio in the UK because we have high quality longitudinal mass random sample household testing that accurately determines infections, and also via questionnaire symptoms. (the 39% +/- not much).
    • In UP they do not have high quality random sample testing of this type (or if they do I've not seen it published). In any case, if they did, the govt their is highly autocratic and political, it clearly is happy to massage figures.

I've posted before why in UP the cases and deaths figures are both vast underestimates. That is not just the government. Most of UP is peasants in the countryside without proper health care. COVID cases happen without testing. A lot of people die anyway - the median population age is 20 - very very young. That low median age means the natural COVID death rate is relatively low - and without good healthcare older people die often of fevers etc. All this means that silent COVID dominates.

The great claimed successes of ivermectin correlate with these 3rd world countries where there is very little healthcare, poor or no reporting of cases and deaths, and where the median age is young so that 30X fewer people die from COVID than in developed countries just from demographics.

THH

• Yes, we elected him because he was charming and a likable rogue. God help us.

• According to Mother Jones Magazine, the AMA represents ~16% of practicing US doctors. All the rest are members in their own specialties associations or colleges.

Here the Assoc of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) pushes back against the AMA's stance against IVM, and their calling on pharmacists to not fill IVM prescriptions:

Shane, you well know you will find 1% of scientists, or doctors, to argue anything under the sun.

If you allow such minority views equal status with the majority you will be wrong 99% of the time - and possibly right 1% of the time.

AAPS Association of American Physicians and Surgeons - Wikipedia

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care. The group has included notable members, including American Republican politicians Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Tom Price.

1. They are highly political. Not what you should want your doctor to be
    2. Last reported membership is 5000 in 2005. They are a splinter group who promote specific politics, they do not represent your or my doctor. Thank God.

There are 624,000 doctors in the US which makes this organisation neatly just under 1% of US medical opinion.

Shane you know all this - why are you arguing these people as a point in your favour?

THH

• The great claimed successes of ivermectin correlate with these 3rd world countries

Yes Slovakia is a third world country like UK...No cases thanks to ivermectin. May be UK is already 4th world...

Also Delhi is third world as most other states with no CoV-19 cases. But they run most IT of 4th world UK....

If you allow such minority views equal status with the majority you will be wrong 99% of the time - and possibly right 1% of the time.

Thanks for once agreeing that the AMA view (=16% of doctors) is just a minority position!

• Thanks for once agreeing that the AMA view (=16% of doctors) is just a minority position!

The AAPS is 1%.

But is AMA minority, or political? They seem to do a lot of lobbying on things that matter to doctors, and contribute about equally to republican and democratic parties.

I guess 16% for the AAPS is as good as it gets in the US - I can't find a bigger general medical organisation there.

The American Medical Association (AMA) is a professional association and lobbying group of physicians and medical students. It was founded in 1847, is based in Chicago, Illinois, and has over 240,000 members.[4][5]

The AMA's stated mission is "to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health."[6] The Association also publishes the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).[7] The AMA also publishes a list of Physician Specialty Codes which are the standard method in the U.S. for identifying physician and practice specialties.

The American Medical Association is governed by a House of Delegates[8] as well as a board of trustees in addition to executive management.[9] The organization maintains the AMA Code of Medical Ethics, and the AMA Physician Masterfile containing data on United States Physicians.[10] The Current Procedural Terminology coding system was first published in 1966 and is maintained by the Association.[11] It has also published works such as the Guides to Evaluation of Permanent Impairment[12] and established the American Medical Association Foundation and the American Medical Political Action Committee.[13]

Susan R. Bailey, an allergist and immunologist from Fort Worth, Texas, was sworn in as President in June 2020.[14]

The AMA has one of the largest political lobbying budgets of any organization in the United States. Its political positions throughout its history have often been controversial. In the 1930s, the AMA attempted to prohibit its members from working for the health maintenance organizations established during the Great Depression, which violated the Sherman Antitrust Act and resulted in a conviction ultimately affirmed by the US Supreme Court.[80] In the 1940s, the AMA opposed President Truman's proposed healthcare reforms, which would have expanded healthcare facilities in low-income and rural communities, bolstered public health services, increased investments in medical research and education, and provided a national health insurance plan to help relieve the burden of excessive healthcare bills from sick persons.[81] The AMA condemned Truman's plan as "socialized medicine."[82]

The American Medical Association's vehement campaign against Medicare in the 1950s and 1960s included Operation Coffee Cup, supported by Ronald Reagan. Since the enactment of Medicare, the AMA reversed its position and now opposes any "cut to Medicare funding or shift [of] increased costs to beneficiaries at the expense of the quality or accessibility of care". However, the AMA remains opposed to any single-payer health care plan, such as the United States National Health Care Act. In the 1990s, the organization was part of the coalition that defeated the health care reform advanced by Hillary and Bill Clinton.[citation needed]

The AMA has also supported changes in medical malpractice law to limit damage awards, which, it contends, makes it difficult for patients to find appropriate medical care. In many states, high risk specialists have moved to other states that have enacted reform. For example, in 2004, all neurosurgeons had relocated out of the entire southern half of Illinois.[83] The main legislative emphasis in multiple states has been to effect caps on the amount that patients can receive for pain and suffering. These costs for pain and suffering are only those that exceed the actual costs of healthcare and lost income. At the same time however, states without caps also experienced similar results, suggesting that other market factors may have contributed to the decreases. Some economic studies have found that caps have historically had an uncertain effect on premium rates.[84] A recent report by the AMA found that, in a 12-month period, five percent of physicians had claims filed against them.[85]

The AMA sponsors the Specialty Society Relative Value Scale Update Committee, which is an influential group of 29 physicians, mostly specialists, who help determine the value of different physicians' labor in Medicare prices.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.