Covid-19 News

• Vitamin D Nearly Abolishes ICU Risk in COVID-19

The data are now in. The effect of vitamin D on COVID-19 severity, and likely mortality, is causal. Maintaining 25(OH)D 30-40 ng/mL is likely to be strongly protective against having a severe or fatal case. Use of bolus dosing as described in the “taking action” section upon the first sign of symptoms, if one has levels much lower than this, and otherwise supplementing with a maintenance dose of 7-8,000 IU per day during illness, is likely to be strongly protective against severe and fatal cases.

• Dr. Mobeen Syed interviews Dr. V. Zelenko (Sept 3)

Dr. Zelenko Discusses COVID-19 Outpatient Management

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Watched it. It works. Will all those who disregard evidence (observational, real) wakeup and realize their logic has trapped them?

In no uncertain terms, use of a vaccine is obviously the wrong approach and may lead to people being trapped with strong antibody responses, that wear off and they are back on the vaccine treadmill. Of course, more deadly vaccine outcomes if antibody enhancement occurs.

• Official Post

I knew it worked when THH admitted taking it. :) Amazing results. If not already being done, I would think this protocol will now be adopted ASAP around the world. Of course, there will be more follow-up studies needed, but since it is safe to administer,..no harm in adding this to the Standard of Care in the meantime.

VitD showed promising anecdotal results early on, although I don't think anyone imagined it would prove as effective as this study found. What frontline doctors saw though, was enough for many to begin using it. Communicating with colleagues to fine tune the treatment, and making it even more effective. Thank goodness they did not wait for an RCT to back up their observations. How many lives were saved by their proactive approach as a result?

Guess the experts had it backwards, when during the lock-downs people were banned from many of their outdoor activities. By doing so, they were blocking them from getting some good old, nature provided VitD. Instead forcing them inside, where early studies showed they were more likely to get sick.

• Guess the experts had it backwards, when during the lock-downs people were banned from many of their outdoor activities.

In what lockdown was anyone banned from outdoor activities? I have never heard of that. Here in Atlanta it was the opposite. People not going to work were out on the streets walking, and out on their lawns with the kids. I have never seen so many people out and about in this part of town. Usually during the day there is no one around. They are all in office buildings, not getting sunlight.

The parks are also crowded. With many signs telling you to stay 6' apart. Nothing about masks. All of the stores and indoor facilities demand masks. "No mask, no service."

• In what lockdown was anyone banned from outdoor activities? I have never heard of that. Here in Atlanta it was the opposite.

Indeed, in Illinois, Governor Pritzker closed all state parks, including those with walking trails. Camping, where people have their own "quarantine" by using their RV bathrooms/showers, and RV located outdoors, a significant distant apart were all closed, while enclosed hotels were still open! But then Pritzker is the richest politician in the US and his wealth comes from hotels. Go figure!

The Hennepin Canal state park, which adjoins my business, is 75 miles long along a canal dug in the late 1800's. The trail path is over 10 feet wide and had plenty of room from people to pass by more than 6 feet apart.

Yet it was closed 100% for April and May.

All the public city playgrounds were closed during this time as well per governors executive order.

"One day after warning Chicagoans of the potential consequences of defying a statewide stay-at-home mandate, Lightfoot pulled the trigger on a public health order that cuts off access to the lakefront and all its parks and beaches, along with Millennium Park, the downtown Riverwalk and the 606 Trail."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/c…lk-parks-violators-arrest

Yes there were many such orders in Illinois.

• Latest Peak Prosperity video (Sept 3)

Supercomputer Breakthrough For Treating Covid-19?

Bradykinin Storm (OR WHY VIT-D AND IVERMECTIN WORK!)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From Whiteboard Doctor - Preliminary evidence of ivermectin as a preventative -

Prophylactic Ivermectin For COVID-19: Does Taking IVM Prevent COVID Transmission From Close Contact?

• The shine is wearing off for the balm of Gilead...

The market distrusts the efficacy of Remdesivir.

"“The data that were relied upon for emergency-use authorization of remdesivir have never been followed in my view by any more compelling data

including any evidence that a bona fide survival benefit is conferred by remdesivir,” Seedhouse added

“In fact it’s the opposite, [and] there has been persistent skepticism backed by data/analysis.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/st…virs-potential-2020-08-31

• One day after warning Chicagoans of the potential consequences of defying a statewide stay-at-home mandate, Lightfoot pulled the trigger on a public health order that cuts off access to the lakefront and all its parks and beaches, along with Millennium Park, the downtown Riverwalk and the 606 Trail."

Who would have thought that mayor Lightfoot would be heavyhanded?

• Official Post

https://www.realclearscience.c…lity_evidence_111520.html

"When you visit your doctor, you might assume that the treatment they prescribe has solid evidence to back it up. But you’d be wrong. Only one in ten medical treatments are supported by high-quality evidence"

Remdesivir would be a good example of this.

• Just off the top of my head: most beaches around the country, including the one right across the road from me, All National, and most State Parks.

Well, the beaches were crowded, and many of them have bars and pools and whatnot. I had not heard of national or state parks being closed. But, in any case, there were many people outside here in Atlanta. More than usual. As I said, people who normally go inside office buildings all day long were outdoors sunbathing in April when Georgia was supposedly shut down. So I really do not think there was any government pressure that would reduced exposure to sunlight and vitamin D.

Georgia opened in May and the number of cases and deaths soon tripled, because there is virtually no case tracing or quarantine. The government continues to hide the data. They now want to charge the newspapers tens of thousands of dollars for blanked out pages of data they are supposed to hand over under open record laws.

• A Supercomputer Analyzed Covid-19 — and an Interesting New Theory Has Emerged

A closer look at the Bradykinin hypothesis

https://elemental.medium.com/a…-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

Good find.

Straw in the wind, but still makes me glad I've been on vitamin D supplements (but please note - Vit D overdose is not a good idea).

As Jacobson and team point out, several drugs target aspects of the RAS and are already FDA approved to treat other conditions. They could arguably be applied to treating Covid-19 as well. Several, like danazol, stanozolol, and ecallantide, reduce bradykinin production and could potentially stop a deadly bradykinin storm. Others, like icatibant, reduce bradykinin signaling and could blunt its effects once it’s already in the body.

Interestingly, Jacobson’s team also suggests vitamin D as a potentially useful Covid-19 drug. The vitamin is involved in the RAS system and could prove helpful by reducing levels of another compound, known as REN. Again, this could stop potentially deadly bradykinin storms from forming. The researchers note that vitamin D has already been shown to help those with Covid-19. The vitamin is readily available over the counter, and around 20% of the population is deficient. If indeed the vitamin proves effective at reducing the severity of bradykinin storms, it could be an easy, relatively safe way to reduce the severity of the virus.

• You can be sure that 999 in a thousand treatments will be cheaper than Remdesivir.

Wrong - if that minimal and a bit flaky RCT evidence about time of stay is correct.

Hospital cost is dominated not by cost of drugs, but by cost of length of time stay in hospital and care levels needed (ICU much more expensive than normal bed).

That is why form the POV of hospital doctors cost of medicines is often outweighed by any difference the make to treatment time, if they do that.

• (from cooper - well done!)

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com…s7eWYE5MKaYFsHxkjOklG6BO4

The RCT evidence summarised here is pretty stunning: though it is not certain, I'd want to be on this if I had severe COVID and my estimate of the importance of Vit D supplementation has gone from "good idea" to "very important".

Because Vit D levels are pretty variable anyone seriously at risk of infection might want to get tested now and adjust a maintenance dose as needed to achieve blood levels as recommended in the above link - which represents the best advice I've seen on Vitamin D prophylaxis. Or (less good) take supplementation at the upper end of what is recommended without measurement.

One note: it won't stop you getting COVID, but if this RCT evidence is correct it dramatically reduces chances of severe COVID. Looking at the paper:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…60076020302764?via%3Dihub

It looks very strong. Can anyone more critical than me find a loophole? (It was not double-blind. it is possible that ICU admission might be influenced a bit by physician expectations if those judging this knew whether patient was control or active).

I also feel relieved since if people have been self-dosing based on stuff here (though I note, and hope it would be the case, when taking medical advice) it is good to have such strong evidence that one thing we have said was important and correct.

Anyone actually with symptomatic COVID at the moment might want seriously and quickly to discuss with medical practitioners feasibility of a single large dose as used in this study to up blood levels. Ideally modulating it based on measurement of Vit D (if that can be done quickly). Or if results take time go for a significant initial dose anyway followed by dose depending on results. As always, I'm not a doctor, not giving medical advice, discuss this with your physician.

And let us hope to God that Trump never sees this RCT... We can do without politics here.

THH

• If you take that Vitamin D RCT seriously, it should be headline news. The results are much better than for example Raoult's (non-RCT) HCQ results, and better than any RCT results I've seen, given that ICU admission is a good proxy for severe COVID. The masking would seem good enough to prevent bias in judging who is admitted.

In addition: those comparisons of different countries death rates? How about checking average Vitamin D levels?

https://www.medrxiv.org/conten…06.24.20138644v1.full.pdf

• Just off the top of my head: most beaches around the country, including the one right across the road from me, All National, and most State Parks. All local recreation facilities...closed. In Michigan, water sports were banned. Lots more, but you get the point.

Golf courses were closed, mercy.

Being outdoors, exposed to the sun, hundreds of feet apart.

• Just more reasons why that RCT result (but it needs to be replicated before we fully believe it? :) ) is so spectacular

https://www.thelancet.com/jour…-8587(20)30268-0/fulltext

A number of hospital-based treatment trials have been registered to date, but it may prove challenging to detect a signal for vitamin D supplementation in severe COVID-19 for two reasons. First, patients tend to present to hospital in the hyperinflammatory stage of the disease, so it might be too late for them to benefit from any antiviral effects induced by vitamin D supplementation. Second, it could be hard to show the effect of a micronutrient over and above dexamethasone, which has potent anti-inflammatory actions and now represents the standard of care in severe disease. Prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection also represents an ambitious target, given the highly infectious nature of the pathogen. Perhaps the best hope for showing a clinical benefit lies in a population-based trial investigating prophylactic vitamin D supplementation as a means of attenuating the severity of incident COVID-19, to the extent that it is either asymptomatic or does not result in hospitalisation.

The results were very clear, some 3X larger than the effect seem from dexamethasone which itself was reckoned large.

BTW - this is not Vit D as an anti-viral - but Vit D as a regulator that reduces the severe COVID nasties. That was always the area in which really big breakthroughs in treatment were likeliest.

THH

• Vitamin D in fact is well investigated and always did correlate with higher infection rates if to low. Large studies did show how much it could help in certain infections. This was the (RCT) reason/conclusion(we posted halve a year ago!) you should take it if you live in a northern country.

Vitamin D will not directly cure you, but it can save your live because your immune system can work at full power. Now where we face the low sun period people should carefully watch their V-D status and at least have it ready for taking at first symptoms.

Just eat healthy: Brown onions = quercetin, bitter/fresh orange = Hesperidin add some other V-C. All these work in the early phase of an infection.

If things turn bad then ask for Ivermectin/Doxycycline and as said the horse version is OK and is used in many countries. If oxygen is low then ask for a blood thinner that works! = Heparin!

To say it once more: RCT trials with true placebos for a deadly disease is a criminal act and I will treat people that propose/"ask for it" as such (criminals) .

What would be allowed to use instead of a placebo is the standard treatment: HCQ, + Doxycycline + zinc,+V-D and with low oxygen Heparin. The day of onset of symptoms defines what out of the control set you will get. It could be OK just to start with HCQ + zinc, +V-D (if needed) as the placebo branch.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.