ENG8 - new plasma energy system

• It suggests they don't know how their devices actually work (if, indeed, they do), or where the extra energy really comes from.

It can also suggest that they prefer not to enter in that debate. Their patents don’t talk about efficiency, COP, or anything of that sort, they are patenting just heaters, and these things should get hot enough to be patented as such.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• It can also suggest that they prefer not to enter in that debate. Their patents don’t talk about efficiency, COP, or anything of that sort, they are patenting just heaters, and these things should get hot enough to be patented as such.

I guess that's a more generous interpretation.

However, the patents (especially the second one) appear to be a hotch-potch of vague "plasma-ish" devices - without any particularly identifiable originality, or "inventive step" (many simply lifted from the quoted book chapter).

Note that neither have been granted yet, and are still pending.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Note that neither have been granted yet, and are still pending.

This is a reasonable strategy for a tech company. Just filing is relatively cheap and gives comfort to your investors. It also draws a 'line in the sand' (if done properly) by providing dated evidence for prior art.

Problem is a lot of people use patent lawyers to write their applications, and in my experience they are not the brightest creatures nor particularly good - amazingly enough - at working out where the real innovations are, or are keen to include the best bits of the tech under give-away names. For example, what the patent application calls the 'stabilising electrode' is a device specifically designed to do just that, keep the plasma bubble stable. If they had called it a 'monitoring electrode' or even a 'reference electrode' they would have revealed much less about its purpose but would still have it as a patentable claim.

• I know you and George will ask plenty of questions during your visit, Alan Smith , but I just want to remind you of this post from further up the thread. It would be interesting to hear why they think a cell can have a 5:1 CoP in one lab, but a 1.8:1 CoP in another.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• this is the author of superunification next to his gravi-craft (it is not a joke)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

not hard to figure and they don't even hide the fact that many people in the entourage are ex military. You can even see Rogozin (russian NASA ex boss). There isa fat chance that all this theory and devices are part of a subversion aimed to send western researchers on the wrong research path. All they need is to get us to build Tokamaks and study this bucket on wheels instead of building more say CANDUs

more anti-gravitation in action

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

actually the stool is also in a sense an anti-gravitation device as it cancel it out when you sit on it.

• this one even more hillarious

At the beginning he demonstrates that very book which allegedly went into scientific basis for this company.

He claims that the dolly was flying vertically pulling 500kg with 2kW electrical input, that is two. Third, he claims he declined proposal to lead a team of 20 theoretical physicists (including Nobel laureates) somewhere in the west due to patriotism (and need to maintain his hobby farm in Bryansk I add).

Finally, he proposed Musk to cut energy expenditure for space launch by the factor of 100.

Later, during Q&A declined to go into any details citing his involvement with military research making Russian army #2 in Ukraine I guess.

• External Content youtu.be

Working well then...

• one thing Leonov figured out for sure is that people tend to pay more attention to BS if it comes from Oxford and delivered in nice British accent. I was saddened when Jeremy Clarkson choose farming instead of fundamental physics for hos retirement gig.

• I know you and George will ask plenty of questions during your visit, Alan Smith , but I just want to remind you of this post from further up the thread. It would be interesting to hear why they think a cell can have a 5:1 CoP in one lab, but a 1.8:1 CoP in another.

From my experience: COP is a calculated result from an experiment. In the case of my houses heat pump it is pretty indisputable - I'd either pay (even more) for the electricity or get cold. In the case of all of BLP's experiments the COP comes from careful measurements, comparisons, assumptions, etc, because the claimed excess energy is difficult to measure. BLP's devices, interestingly, have each one got more difficult to measure than the previous one.

To go from 5 to 1.8 you just need different assumptions. And I am willing to bet a few less assumptions and COP lies in a range that includes 1.

If BLP had what they claim they would be very rich, and very famous. My skepticism is that any of their systems over 25 years, if as they claim, would be extraordinary and wonderful. Instead of more carefully measuring the first one, they move on, and again, and again, each device completely different with different and more challenging issues in measuring energy in and out.

• Two technicians from the Portuguese Electrical Institute are here today, and this morning they ran some tests on the air cell. This is basically a container with a high-speed vortex airflow inside which is heated by the plasma between the electrodes. Measurements are taken around 1 minute after start-up. Today's run will be 20 minutes max to avoid overheating the PVC cap on the reactor. 2 runs are planned for this afternoon. For this afternoon's test a technician is here from UL in Milan. Analyses of the used electrode composition is also planned for later today. Analysis will be carried out by the materials science unit based at the Science Park.

The vortex dynamics are clever - the inlet air vortex spirals down the inner surface of the quartz glass containment, right against the glass and then bounces back from the bottom of the reactor and climbs up inside the 'down' vortex, passes the plasma arc and exits at (it is claimed) an anomalously high temperature.

• You miight have to wait for photos, since a new laptop/camera combo is driving me a bit crackers. But the claimed air-flow rate is 100 meters/sec. It's at atmospheric pressure and passes though a mass-flow meter at the exit of the turbo pump that powers it. It exits through a simple hole in the top of the reactor.

• The vortex dynamics are clever - the inlet air vortex spirals down the inner surface of the quartz glass containment, right against the glass and then bounces back from the bottom of the reactor and climbs up inside the 'down' vortex, passes the plasma arc and exits at (it is claimed) an anomalously high temperature.

This is ye olde Ranque-Hilsch vortex tube technology - from the 1930s.

This is in the ENG8 patent:

And this is on the wikipedia page for the Vortex Tube:

Note that on a normal RHVT hot air is ejected at the periphery, and cold air comes out of the centre nozzle.

The ENG8 air cell appears to create an electric arc in the central, reduced pressure, reverse flow, "cold region".

It sounds like they aren't ejecting any air from the usual "hot end" - but allowing it all to spiral back up and out of the centre nozzle.

By the way, there is no real proof that the gas goes down the tube and back up again in a RHVT - only that the centre pressure is lower than the peripheral pressure. If you close the "hot end" off, then you simply don't get any cooling effect at the central nozzle. It then becomes a "vortex throttle" - as used in some ventilation systems.

The only difference is that ENG8 stick a big arc up the middle, as far as I can see.

• thank you for the sketch… now what does that mean in your mind.. reduced pressure?? Could we imagine a kind of venturi effect? Now the metal parts are only the electrodes? The matter ? Thanks Frogfall 👍

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.