Ed Storms Pre-print on Cold Fusion, Materials and Gaps. Comments Please!

• 1 biilion $ a year is a huge opportunity cost

This is dream money for the mafia and the related industry. You can develop new tools like e.g. solenoids (ABB) with open end money. So ITER/CERN are free food for some industries & friends where ITER pays a significant portion of its share to its traditional free mason allies the construction companies.

• Nickel. Oh yes first try world wide..

I did a search and asked in laboratories that offered this kind of service, of course worldwide. When I said what the desired range of holes was, and the material, all said it was not possible.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• My way to work at this scale is the simple electrolysis, by an appropriate set up you will be able to manage to manufacturing of some kind of dendrites both with the space between them.

Another better way is the sputtering if you have access to this mean.

I did a search and asked in laboratories that offered this kind of service, of course worldwide. When I said what the desired range of holes was, and the material, all said it was not possible.

• My way to work at this scale is the simple electrolysis, by an appropriate set up you will be able to manage to manufacturing of some kind of dendrites both with the space between them.

Another better way is the sputtering if you have access to this mean.

Yes, the idea of making the holes was to have a controlled range of gap sizes, the methods you mention are more random, but in the end a fraction of the material gets active.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Yes, the idea of making the holes was to have a controlled range of gap sizes, the methods you mention are more random, but in the end a fraction of the material gets active.

Rather than staying sticked with your idea maybe you should try rather to tune the wavelength of things you plan to put inside these gaps, an advice.

• Rather than staying sticked with your idea maybe you should try rather to tune the wavelength of things you plan to put inside these gaps, an advice.

I don’t say your method doesn’t work, indeed it does, but the gap formation process is more random so you end with a range of gaps, that you have to characterize, and of course you can tune the process to narrow the gap sizes range, but you won’t be able to get rid of the random aspect.

The whole point of Storms ideas is to get better knowledge of the process by controlling the gap size and find what works best. Once that is known, you can fine tune your methods to that size gap.

• Arata did a lot of work on the optimum size for LENR in nanooparticles and came up wiith (from memory) 11-13nM. But you have to remeber that we are not only talking about particles themselves, byt the spaces between them and according to de Boer writing about the adsorption of of hydrogen on metallic and crystalline surfaces in the 1930's 'cracks, gaps, corners, edges.'. So a highly disordered material may be active even if the particles are larger than the optimum.

• Well, i think that a metal fully flat without any kind of cracks and gases without any kind of hydrogen could work.

Either i'm stupid and pretentious either the field is late but surely i'm probably stupid :)

Arata did a lot of work on the optimum size for LENR in nanooparticles and came up wiith (from memory) 11-13nM. But you have to remeber that we are not only talking about particles themselves, byt the spaces between them and according to de Boer writing about the adsorption of of hydrogen on metallic and crystalline surfaces in the 1930's 'cracks, gaps, corners, edges.'. So a highly disordered material may be active even if the particles are larger than the optimum.

• I did a search and asked in laboratories that offered this kind of service, of course worldwide. When I said what the desired range of holes was, and the material, all said it was not possible.

If you like you can join our project. As said we have 20nm holes in a Nickel foil. This was also a pilot for the advanced lab. Even 5..10nm would be possible today. But first I think 20nm is a good starting point. The depth they finally could produce was 15nm.

• Lots of evidence demonstrates that the application of laser light can stimulate a fusion reaction when the conditions are suitable. How the radiation interacts with the fusion process is still unknown.

Fusion and fission are not the only processes that can cause nuclear rearrangement.

A process that has just been experimentally verified to exist can cause transmutation. This process is called "false vacuum decay".

New research sheds light on a phenomenon known as 'false vacuum decay'
    An experiment conducted in Italy, with theory support from Newcastle University, has produced the first experimental evidence of vacuum decay.
    phys.org

This process has been associated with the discovery and validation of the Higgs field. It comes about when two separate states of the vacuum exist symaltainiously.

In quantum field theory, false vacuum decay is a hypothetical event that occurs when a relatively stable vacuum decays into a more stable state.

A false vacuum is a metastable state, meaning it's relatively stable but not the most stable state possible. It can last for a long time, but eventually it could decay into a more stable state. This decay happens through the creation of small bubbles. These bubbles might be what Exotic Vacuum Objects (EVO)s are.

The idea of false vacuum decay is that the true lowest energy is lower than what we currently think. A false vacuum is at a local minimum of the energy function, while a true vacuum is at a global minimum.

The EVO turns out to be a negative vacuum which is unstable. Because it is unstable, it will not destroy all matter, but it will rearrange the matter that it comes in contact with while the EVO exists for a short time.

There are a number of LENR systems engineered to use this nuclear reengagement property (aka transmutation) to do useful things. SAFIRE is a system that converts transuranic elements to lead. The Thor system "thunderstorm" uses EVOs to convert carbon to oxygen. Just because we see nuclear processes that appear to be caused by fusion and fission, does not mean that this old style processes are the cause.

Being unstable, keep in mind that the EVO will not destroy the universe, You can also check out this video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• x

Fusion and fission are not the only processes that can cause nuclear rearrangement.

A process that has just been experimentally verified to exist can cause transmutation

The actual article is about NUCLEATION.. not nuclear transmutation

Axil salad is confused and confusing.

"

The experimental platform is composed of a bosonic gas of 23Na atoms, optically trapped and cooled below the condensation temperature. The gas is initially prepared in the internal state |F, mF ⟩ = |2, −2⟩ = |↑⟩, where F is the total angular momentum and mF its projection on the quantization axis. Microwave radiation with ampli- tude ΩR introduces coherent Rabi coupling between the |↑⟩ state and |1,−1⟩ = |↓⟩.Therelevantscatteringlengthsforsuchatwo-levelsystem are a↓↓ = 54.5a0, a↑↑ = 64.3aand a↓↑ = 64.3a0, and lead to the condition Δa = (a↑↑ + a↓↓)/2 − a↓↑ < 0, that is, to a system with a ferromagnetic ground state28

False vacuum decay via bubble formation in ferromagnetic superfluids

False vacuum decay via bubble formation in ferromagnetic superfluids - Nature Physics
    The transition from a metastable state to the ground state in classical many-body systems is mediated by bubble nucleation. This transition has now been…
    www.nature.com

• Here one citation that explains why the old guard never had success:

Helium was expected and then found as a fusion product. But unlike the helium

made by high-energy fusion (hot fusion), the helium nucleus produced by cold fusion

remains intact and is measured as helium gas.

This creates a problem because the proposed nuclear reaction has no obvious way to conserve momentum when the nuclear energy is dissipated after the helium forms. Two or more nuclear products are required to

conserve momentum.

Some of these people just talk or repeat nonsense. When there is no momentum there also is nothing to conserve. CF is fusion with no momentum.

The problem is. The church of SM physics does not know it, hence it does not exist.

D*-D* just has a huge excess spin EM mass and we did show how it gets transferred.

• The field structure inside the EVO makes the existence of composite particles such as the proton and the neutron impossible. When matter enters the EVO, matter decomposes into fundamental particles.

For a more detailed description of this transmutation process see this post:

• Agree with RB

The actual article is about NUCLEATION.. not nuclear transmutation

Axil salad is confused and confusing.

The relevant quote from Axil's article - which he seems not to have read:

Ian Moss, Professor of Theoretical Cosmology at Newcastle University's School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics, said, "Vacuum decay is thought to play a central role in the creation of space, time and matter in the Big Bang, but until now there has been no experimental test. In particle physics, vacuum decay of the Higgs boson would alter the laws of physics, producing what has been described as the 'ultimate ecological catastrophe.'"

Dr. Tom Billam, Senior Lecturer in Applied Math/Quantum, added, "Using the power of ultracold atom experiments to simulate analogs of quantum physics in other systems—in this case the early universe itself—is a very exciting area of research at the moment."

Vacuum decay as hypothesised in the early universe happens at energy scales which are quite extraordinary

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2301.03620.pdf

10^10 GeV should be compared with the LHC 13600 GeV collision energy. it is 1,000,000 times higher than the LHC gives us - and that is the highest energy collider on earth.

Freak cosmic rays do have this energy - they are very rare. But to obtain false vacuum decay you need somehow to turn such a cosmic ray into 1000 superimposed Higgs particles. Good luck with that.

Anyway - a bit off topic for LENR?

:)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.