The Playground

• ...found that patients with vitamin D deficiency were 14 times more likely to have a severe or critical case of COVID-19.

Mortality among patients with sufficient vitamin D levels was 2.3%, compared with 25.6% in the deficient group.

This information has been posted here for two years... yet by a couple at least... has been cast as anti-vaxxer, anti-science, unfounded, death cult member misinformation.

Bob - I have commented many times on this correlation.

And also pointed out why there are good reasons for it not to be causal the way you'd like (and I'd like - we would all like that).

Vit D deficiency correlates strongly with many factors that make for poor health, for example bad diet. It also correlates with poor socioeconomic status an hence(on average) more cramped living conditions, another route for higher COVID infection rates. It is not surprising that those with poorer health, or living in multi-occupancy dense accomodation, are more likely to have severe COVID.

All you need for 10X higher COVID severe disease rate (to take one example) is something selects people to be on average 18 years older. (Vitamin D defiency does not correlate with age, but it does with other things).

I can't stop you from dismissing this as pinko political argument - or however you dismiss it. It is what serious scientists believe because the data is like that. It does not prove Vit D has no effect on COVID, but we have seen this type of correlation many times before with many diseases and 90% of the time there has been no correlation bwteeen Vit D supplementation and the desired (more healthy) outcome, when those who supplement are not self-selecting as those more healthy. (Taking Vit D supplements itself in the population at large is not at all neutral for health - it correlates with people health-conscious in many ways).

I would not repeat this stuff, except this is a science site - even in the Playground...

Also, I get pissed off (a bit) by people like you (I believe you may be doing this, forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions) claiming I am ignoring evidence when I have precisely commented on this type of evidence many times, and why it does not show what you might think it shows.

Should any of the credible (not the weird retracted Spanish one I liked for a while) Vit D against COVID RCTs show positive results, believe you me, it will be big news and no-one will be happier than I at such a simple preventative.

THH

• Robert W. Moses founded Tamer Space LLC on 11-5-2019

Our Team | TAMER SPACE
    The TAMER Team includes highly experienced individuals covering systems, technical, scientific, quality and creative skills across both Terrestrial Resources…
    www.tamerspace.com

Company motto

"Charging the Final Frontier"

Bio

Robert Moses is an engineer, aeronautics and astronautics scientist, and published author with recognized expertise in aircraft and spacecraft design, destination systems for human exploration, planetary surface resource usage and marine & civil engineering, as well as holding a Building License.

Since joining NASA in 1989, Robert has contributed to flight test teams developing hardware for Shuttle missions starting with Atlantis, STS-37 in 1991, the design of the F-22 and F-35 aircraft, Mars ARES Airplane, Constellation Program activities including the Ares I-X Flight Vehicle Development, and a multitude of other related projects.

Robert is a Subject Matter Expert in Entry, Descent, and Landing (EDL), In Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU), In-Space Assembly (ISA), and Surface Construction on the Moon and Mars utilizing indigenous resources. He has led or contributed to Creativity & Innovation (C&I), Center Innovation Fund (CIF), and mission architecture studies on these topics.

Robert also serves as LaRC’s Lead on STMD’s Systems Capabilities Leadership Team in ISRU and for Surface Construction and ISRU activities. He participates in the Lunar Surface Innovation Consortium (LSIC) Focus Groups on Excavation & Construction and ISRU and currently is Principal Investigator (PI) for the “Lunar Safe Haven Study” funded by the Game Changing Development Program. He serves as a Session Chair on “Infrastructure to Stay – Moon”, ASCEND Conference, Las Vegas, 2020 & 2021 for enabling a sustainable presence and cislunar economy.

He is a topic lead to NASA’s NSTGRO Fellowship Programs for Human Exploration Destination Systems and a NIAC Fellow serving as PI for the Phase 1 Study of “Advanced Aerocapture System for Enabling Faster-Larger Planetary Science & Human Exploration Missions.”

Robert holds a BS degree in Civil Engineering (NCSU), a MS degree in Systems Engineering (VPI), a MS degree in Mechanical Engineering (Stanford), and PhD in Aeronautics & Astronautics (Stanford).

He is an Associate Fellow of AIAA, a member of ASCE and a licensed residential and commercial builder in Virginia, USA. Prior to joining NASA, Robert worked at Newport News Shipbuilding Company contributing to the design and construction of numerous submarines and surface ships and a former member of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.

He holds a number of patents on a variety of aerospace systems and was awarded a NASA Exceptional Achievement Medal and two International Group Achievement Awards by the Pentagon (Subcommittee on Non-Atomic Military Research & Development).

Much of his work is published, and he is a contributing author and section editor of the pending Handbook of Lunar Base Design & Development, Aldrin & Eckart (Executive Editors).

• OK - it surprises me a bit that W is still making, with no apparent shame, elementary statistical mistakes that have been corrected.

It's a shame that our fascist supporter (of e.g. Oxford HCQ killer doctors) still promotes fake Covid science.

Of course you can always slice down sets and then you always find one that proves your assumption. But this makes it worse for other sets that do not follow your assumption. So if the average fails and in the Israel case it is obvious as 2x/3x vaxx are almost the same group then vaccine fail. As said in Switzerland/UK we clearly see the same with the much better age resolution that shows age 10..30 2xx vaxx have a higher death/hospital risk than unvaxx.

This is expected with Omicron because of ADE and may be also due to more "vaccine" damage in general.

RNA gene therapy (Pfizer/Moderna) already failed in the phase III as after 6 months during the pandemic high not a single live has been saved, when the vaxx/unvaxx groups have been compared...

What gene therapy does is immune stimulation. The same is seen in cancer therapy with the same mechanism. Normally for 4-6 months the patient is protected from progression and in a small set of cases (<30%) a remission happens. So any believe that CoV-19 immune stimulation therapy helps more than 30% would be a great science breakthrough. But this is not case because also in cancer immune stimulation therapy the remaining 70% die much faster and more cruel than without therapy.

We now see the same for CoV-19 fake vaccines, first for age class 10..19 the most vulnerable to cancer immune stimulation therapy...

Please do not to treat children with CoV-19 immune stimulation (cancer chemo) therapy.

• Hmmm, but a DeLorean needs 1.21 Gigawatts to operate correctly, as everybody should know for decades.

Not puny 100 Watts Zeropoint-SKAM-Energy :)

Daniel G. Zavela
    February 15, 2022 at 3:21 PM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

I just received confirmation from DeLorean Motors Reimagined LLC that they are serious about producing a new electric car. If their CEO requested a prototype E-Cat SKLep now for evaluation, would you consider selling them a unit prior to the start of full-scale SKLep production?

Waiting with anticipation for my personal product order.

Best Regards,

Daniel G. Zavela

• Former Senior Executive Says EcoHealth Approached by CIA

Former Senior Executive Says EcoHealth Approached by CIA
    A former senior executive at EcoHealth Alliance, an American research organization that allegedly sponsored gain-of-function experiments on bat
    trialsitenews.com

A former senior executive at EcoHealth Alliance, an American research organization that allegedly sponsored gain-of-function experiments on bat coronaviruses at China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology, sent whistleblower letters to Congress this month describing the group as a United States intelligence operation.

EcoHealth Was Conducting NIH-Sponsored Coronavirus Research in Wuhan, China

Scientists who support the theory that SARS-CoV-2 is a manmade virus claim that the Wuhan Lab, which conducted joint virology research under EcoHealth contracts from the National Institutes of Health, is the most likely origin of the pandemic.

In an interview last week with TrialSite, Andrew Huff, a former vice president of data and technology at the organization, alleged that EcoHealth’s President Peter Daszak confided to him on at least three occasions that he was negotiating contracts with the Central Intelligence Agency.

Whistleblower Sent Letters to Congress, Department of Justice, and Other Agencies

Huff, a U.S. Army veteran of the Iraq War with advanced degrees in environmental science and security technologies, sent letters this month to members of Congress and various U.S. investigative agencies. Huff alleged in those letters that EcoHealth failed to implement biosafety control measures that could have resulted in a lab leak in Wuhan.

“EcoHealth Alliance, and foreign laboratories, did not have the adequate control measures in place for ensuring proper biosafety, biosecurity, and risk management in place, ultimately resulting in the lab leak at the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” Huff wrote in his whistleblower complaint. “In fact, I raised these concerns at an executive project planning meeting, where Dr. Daszak quickly dismissed my concerns. This information is also validated by cables between the US Consulate in China and the State Department. Although this is not limited to China.”

Huff held top-secret clearances when he was a fellow at the National Center for Food Protection and Defense and at Sandia National Laboratory, where he developed biosurveillance and pandemic response systems as a senior technical staff member.

EcoHealth Whistleblower Adds To EcoHealth Disclosures

Huff’s account adds to the public’s understanding of the central role of EcoHealth Alliance in the controversial world of gain-of-function virology research. Documents released by The Intercept, the investigative collective Drastic Research, the right-leaning muckraker site Project Veritas and Judicial Watch, right-leaning libertarian watchdog, reveal that EcoHealth, as a grantee of the National Institutes of Health and other U.S. agencies, sought funding for gain-of-function research that was deemed to be too risky by the Department of Defense.

Did EcoHealth Conduct Gain-of-Function Research? If So, When?

Huff worked for EcoHealth Alliance from 2014 to 2016, during which time he suspects the group engaged in risky gain-of-function research in China, even before applying to the Department of Defense for funding.

An internal investigative report from the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) recently published by Project Veritas stated that EcoHealth proposed a coronavirus research project in March 2018. The proposal, named Project DEFUSE, was rejected due to concerns about safety and that it violated a moratorium on gain-of-function research.

“The proposal does not mention or assess potential risks of Gain of Function (GoF) research,” the DARPA rejection letter reads.

Huff, who left EcoHealth in 2016 after accusing Daszak and other senior managers of mismanaging U.S. government funds, said he believed that the work that formed the basis for the Project DEFUSE proposal was already underway prior their approaching DARPA.

Huff said that EcoHealth and many other U.S.-funded research groups perform work in advance of their proposals to collect preliminary data and to keep a consistent flow of competitive grants and contracts.

Huff said that EcoHealth had a long-time interest in coronaviruses and shared with TrialSite an investor pitch deck he said was presented to In-Q-Tel, the CIA-funded venture capital firm, which pursues information technologies with potential use for U.S. intelligence activities.

Shortly after he developed his investor presentation in 2015, Huff said Daszak, who has drawn criticism for his public statements in support of gain-of-function research of coronaviruses, told Huff that the CIA wanted to contract with EcoHealth.

Whistleblower Says CIA Approached Daszak

“Peter said, ‘Well, someone from the CIA approached me, do you think it’s a good idea if I work with him?’” Huff recounted.

Reflecting on his tenure at EcoHealth, Huff speculated that he was an unwitting participant in an intelligence-gathering program targeting information about foreign nations’ scientific institutional capacity and personnel. Huff noted that after the 2001 World Trade Center attacks the 9/11 Commission noted that U.S. security agencies suffered from poor human intelligence capabilities.

“I think the PREDICT program was more of the human intelligence and access side of intelligence collection,” Huff said.

PREDICT Biosurveillance Program

PREDICT, was then a large U.S. State Department- and USAID-funded biosurveillance program aimed at pre-empting emergent zoonotic diseases that could threaten public health. Huff said he was one of the program’s managers.

EcoHealth’s PREDICT partners included the University of California at Davis – the prime contractor for the program, the Smithsonian Institution, Metabiota, the Wildlife Conservation Society, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Department of Defense’s Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Columbia University, University of California San Francisco, the World Health Organization and more than 30 nations across Asia, Africa and the Middle East – less than half of the total number of nations EcoHealth worked in.

“So, if you have scientists who’ve been traveling all over the world, they’re worldly, they’re well-connected to the diplomats, they can get access to these laboratories,” Huff said. “That’s how you, in a clever way, fill that intelligence collection gap.”

Huff said he found it strange that PREDICT, which operated across more than 30 nations in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa, was focused on relatively rare bat coronaviruses to the exclusion of other common and deadly threats.

Huff Puzzled by EcoHealth’s Exclusive Focus on Coronaviruses

“If you want to do accurate science, you want to build a scientific experiment to figure out what actually risks are emerging, you would compare the roughly 25 families of viruses against each other and you collect data on those viruses to see what their pandemic potential would be,” he said. “You wouldn’t want to just focus narrowly or specifically on coronaviruses – you’d actually collect environmental health data or other drivers of trends, transmission dynamics of that disease to see, you know, if the spark catches with this or that index case, what’s the probability that will actually then have sustained transmission in the population?”

“Well, we weren’t doing any of that work,” Huff said.

Huff also said that while PREDICT was ostensibly a scientific pursuit, collecting virus samples, and also conducting surveillance of communication networks for signs of pandemic potential, once he became a country manager for Jordan and Sudan he spent an inordinate amount of time answering questions about those nations’ critical scientific infrastructure.

“We were in constant calls 24/7 with the State Department, the embassy, the mission, the consulate, and USAID personnel asking us: Who we were working with, what we were collecting, where were we going to collect the samples? Why?” he recounted.

“That looked like intelligence collection, and even moreso, the reports, when we come back and review and debrief, they were always asking us about laboratory conditions and capacity.”

Huff said he began to doubt that EcoHealth’s stated mission was its actual purpose.

“Biosafety and this whole idea that they’re going to go and predict and forecast pandemics was a farce by my estimation,” he said

• Switzerland Tomorrow:: Freedom day !!!

- no more certificates inside Switzerland ( no reason to vaccinate ..)
    - no more masks inside building, sports, gatherings etc...

- All events allowed

- On return to Switzerland just usual passport control...

I Hope others will follow soon too as then we can freely travel again.

Just keep in mind that in most countries Omicron now is at 99% and thus at least 90% of all deaths reported today are with Omicron not from Omicron. (Rest is delta). Omicron is not more deadly than a good old classic cold corona virus.

Here no patients in ICU are treated/ventilated because of Omicron as also California reports!

So do no longer believe in state "official CoV-19 death figures" that are arbitrary and no longer have anything in common with the epidemic situation. E.g. yesterday RSA did report 250 deaths... with 1024 new cases... Of course almost all from people with different "real" death reason...

• Actually the Delorean Special needs Jiggawatts, which are made in the SKleps the same way as in the movie.

• And also pointed out why there are good reasons for it not to be causal the way you'd like (and I'd like - we would all like that).

No, you have pointed out suppositions that might effect the outcome of ANY study. That does not make this or others studies invalid. Where I am at extreme odds with you (and I have supported you many times, especially in LENR statements) is that you throw out the entire evidence base because of one or two studies you personally do not agree with. I look at the entire body of evidence and not cherry pick one at a time.

For instance, I do not believe you have reviewed all 71 studies concerning ivermectin. You have cherry picked the one or two that has been shaded by main stream, picked it apart and then attributed these things to ALL other studies. This is disingenuous. There are many intelligent researchers involved in vit. D and ivermectin studies, but THH is stating they are ALL ignorant and fooling themselves. That they cannot distinguish "good reasons for it not to be causal the way you'd like". Yet it is so clear to THH but not the multitude of other researchers..... really?

Another real sticking point is that your agenda is so clear... you continually push against D, Ivermectin etc. yet never point out the glaring errors of main stream. You are fine with Remedisvir RCTS even though they are trash, even the WHO says so. This drug is the treatment of choice and yet it is far less tested and likely than ivermectin, yet you do not rail against it. You do not warn against it... your silence is interestingly telling...

This shows your intentions are NOT to bring the BEST solutions to light, it is only to follow your world view. People rarely, if ever, will admit their world view is in error unless they have an escape...

Should any of the credible (not the weird retracted Spanish one I liked for a while) Vit D against COVID RCTs show positive results

Quit hiding behind the RCTs meme. You know as well as I, that there will NEVER be an RCT on Vit D.... RCTs are extremely expensive and no one is going to pay for it because there is no money in it. And you KNOW this. Besides, RCTs are not perfect and are ripe for faulty design, whether by accident or on purpose. Look at the ivermectin RCTs you "say" are valid... they are designed to fail by every measure from purported evidence. Yes they are. And your false statement about ivermectin by itself would show a strong correlation IF it worked is simply crap. There are many drugs that require combinations to work, you just refuse to acknowledge that.

Besides, I have no doubt that if an RCT on vit. D was done, you would negate it. First because it will never be done by big pharma, they have no reason to conduct one.... so any positive studies are deficient by default. Just as you have claimed all 70+ ivermectin studies are deficient.

Again, if you applied exactly the same magnifying glass to the vaccine trials as you do ivermectin, they would come up just as short....

It does not prove Vit D has no effect on COVID, but we have seen this type of correlation many times before

Says who???? you??? Why, in the US is every ounce of milk fortified with vitamin D? Does the "Vit. D mafia" have control of the milk production? No, there ARE proven benefits of Vitamin D and have been done over and over again... your world view simply does not allow for it.

Just because THH says there has not been shown any effect, does not make it true. I have posted a study from Israel that says you are wrong. However, your world view is that you are more educated, have more insight, have more knowledge and simply are smarter than the scores of PHDs that have conducted trials on D, ivermectin and other substances. FM has posted multiple studies on vit. D, but again, they are all negated by THHs "I know better"! There are studies, you simply deny it.

You my friend are falling in the Jed trap... "the experts say"...! The caveat being that the only "Experts" are those that already agree with your world view... if they do not agree, they are ignorant or crackpots. I state this with clarity from personal experience...whether it be physics concerning CF or medicine or other fields of study, the vast majority practioners follow main stream thought, usually taught them at the university level. Just as the local hospital and doctor stated about Covid treatment... the only current treatment is "let them turn blue and then bring them to the ER" (My wording, but true in essence)

Yet there are many, many qualified and experienced physicians who think other wise and I am very glad they do, as my mother likely has benefited from it.

You continued "yes, but the positive results could be contributed to .... youth, demographic, quality of air, or as Jed has stooped to saying... "worms is causing the benefit"" can simply be painted on any study and is an excuse.... apply the same thing to the vaccine studies and people will hold you in higher respect... but we do not see that. FM posts many posts putting the vaccines in positive light in addition to other substances of value... he is looking at all sides... you are not it seems.

But you have made your world view quite clear... only RCTs that pass your opinion matter and nothing else.... other than main stream pharma. Nothing will be deemed by you of value unless there is an RCT that 1) is done by main stream 2) complies with your view. Otherwise it is deficient.

To hell with the large base of evidence. No matter how much is out there, if it does not have a THH approved RCT, then it is crap. The results are caused by bias, the results are caused by a young population.. the results are caused ... by anything other than what is being tested!!! No matter how large the build up of evidence is....

This is proven by the fact that you have not shaded Remedisvir, current masking practices, lock downs or the current big pharma anti-virals with the same scrutiny and persistence that you do vit. D or ivermectin...

It is this double standard that draws the ire of many here... even if you do not see it... it is clear.

P.s. I did not name anyone in my previous post, but I guess if the shoe fits, one must wear it! :thumbup:

• As said in Switzerland/UK we clearly see the same with the much better age resolution that shows age 10..30 2xx vaxx have a higher death/hospital risk than unvaxx.

? At least the age groups 30...39y and 20...29y show still a completely different picture than the one you are painting?

The hospitalisation risk per 100000 of the specific unvaxx group is still the highest one in comparison to the other vaxx groups...

COVID-⁠19 Switzerland | Coronavirus | Dashboard
    COVID-⁠19 pandemic in Switzerland and Liechtenstein: case numbers, virus variants, hospitalisations, Re number, hospital capacity, international situations,…
    www.covid19.admin.ch

• You have the vulnerable gets vaccinated effect. In this case an 80 year old is 1000 X (not an exact figure) more vulnerable than a 20 years old.

Here are more exact numbers for age-80.

Unvaccinated: Infection rate, same as other age groups; Hospitalization 10 x reference group; Death 340 x reference group.

Cases, Data, and Surveillance
    Cases, data, and surveillance to track and analyze COVID-19.
    www.cdc.gov

Vaccinated: as shown in this graph, at age 80 you are more likely to get seriously ill or die than an unvaccinated person age 30.

https://www.axios.com/age-coronavirus-risk-vaccines-2e1391b0-5d0e-4fa9-894b-4b894dc017c9.html

If his reaction to this post is anything other than to agree this point and admit his error here - it proves my point! Beware.

His reaction is a laugh emoji. He has never addressed this point. So we should beware. However, by the same token, we should beware of you when it comes to cold fusion, because as far as I know you have never given a reason to doubt the major experiments from people such as McKubre, Miles, Storms or Fleischmann. You have evaded the issue with vague assertions about no one in particular. I think you are unwilling or incapable of being reasonable with regard to cold fusion. Clearly, you are reasonable about other subjects. I suppose you have some sort of mental block. It is possible that Wyttenbach has a similar mental block. He is a troll when it comes to COVID, but perhaps he is reasonable about other subjects.

• ? At least the age groups 30...39y and 20...29y show still a completely different picture than the one you are painting?

You obviously cannot interpret the graphics. The three groups 2x,3x,unknown vaxtype are all vaxx. You must add the three and compare the sum with unvaxx.

Further you did cheat away the week after 6.2.22. Here we have more or less the end point of high counts/ new delta cases.

May be you missed it also:: We since two weeks discuss the deep impact of Omicron, that sees a higher death rate among 2x vaxx compared to unvaxx in younger people.

You also missed that some statistics only count 3x,4x vaxx as vaxx and most countries now add a high number of people with Omicron to the from Omicron deaths. Worst cheaters:: Israel, RSA to name just two.

• Here are more exact numbers for age-80.

Here the exact numbers of UK without correction for recovered (>2/3 in each vaxx group).

These figures clearly tell that Jed lives in Disney world. Infection rate of vaccinated is up to 2.95x higher than unvaxx. If correct for recovered its up to 10x (age < 18!) higher than for vaccinated...

The death rate reported for age < 18 is intentionally wrong as it is a shockingly 10x higher for vaccinated compared to unvaxx!!!!!!! 4 vaxx died and 8 unvaxx died but vaxx group only contains 5%!!! So teh rate vaxx:: unvaxx is 1:20

Same for vaccine protection if you correct with the minimum (reality is close to 90%) recovered rate of 2/3.. then 80+ even with booster has no benefit without prior infection...

Here you also can clearly see that also age 18..29 has a negative vaccine protection as this groups is at least 80% recovered. Only age 50..69 sees some remaining protection.

This is real base data collected under a law of punishment for false reporting. In the USA false reporting is under the law of capitalism and gets a benefit!....

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.