Covid-19 (WuFlu) News

• Covexit News and Analysis - Dr George Fareed Interview - Part 2

- Confronting bureaucratic obstacles and hostility

Drug repurposing: Researchers find existing medications may fight coronavirus infection

https://medicalxpress.com/news…oronavirus-infection.html

Virtual and In Vitro Antiviral Screening Revive Therapeutic Drugs for COVID-19

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsptsci.0c00131

Drbeen Medical Lectures -

What Vitamin D Level Reduces The Risk of Death From COVID-19? A New Study From Boston University

- Optimal level of vitamin D

- More bureaucratic obstructionism

• Yes, tourists and all other foreigners are barred, but that has little effect.

Of course 100 Million tourists have no impact... 50% less trains personal needed has no impact. 80% less flight/airport personal needed no impact. Restaurant restrictions have no impact.

Did you read the figures of the Japanese economic decline ? Max be only listen is not so good for the memory...

OK: You will say else its worse... But for Japan the "cure" is worse...

We had > 3000 cases/day. Would be 120'000 for USA but deaths/ICU cases are at least 20x lower than everywhere else. A lot to learn for future pandemics. I hope it will go up to 10'000 then the story is over after 7 weeks!

• Did you read the figures of the Japanese economic decline ?

You are missing the point. The economic decline is caused by the pandemic, not by the government's response to it. The cure is not worse than the disease. This article is wrong. The economic decline would be far worse if the government were as inept as the U.S. government.

• This article is wrong. The economic decline would be far worse if the government were as inept as the U.S. government.

I agree that most of the cure comes from the outside but still the title works as we live in a global city. Every victim is one to much. CoV-19 is a wake up call for many people that lost any feeling for live/nature - health.

The Japanese population is "lucky" as they faced two strong waves of classic corona the last 3 years before CoV-19. My wive got it from her brother. She was down for almost 4 weeks, one week the second time. This did help her this year to come around the first infection within a few days. I'm lucky. I had to many coronas so far and I always take Sutherlandia on first signs - even in Japan.

• This explained why dexamethasone is a working treatment. Notice the interaction with vitamn D.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3196110/

Abstract

Calcitriol, the active form of vitamin D, in combination with the glucocorticoid dexamethasone (Dex) has been shown to increase the antitumor effects of calcitriol in squamous cell carcinoma. In this study we found that pretreatment with Dex potentiates calcitriol effects by inhibiting cell growth and increasing vitamin D receptor (VDR) and VDR-mediated transcription. Treatment with actinomycin D inhibits Vdr mRNA synthesis, indicating that Dex regulates VDR expression at transcriptional level. Real time PCR shows that treatment with Dex increases Vdr transcripts in a time- and a dose-dependent manner, indicating that Dex directly regulates expression of Vdr. RU486, an inhibitor of glucocorticoids, inhibits Dex-induced Vdr expression. In addition, the silencing of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) abolishes the induction of Vdr by Dex, indicating that Dex increases Vdr transcripts in a GR-dependent manner. A fragment located 5.2 kb upstream of Vdr transcription start site containing two putative glucocorticoid response elements (GREs) was evaluated using a luciferase-based reporter assay. Treatment with 100 nm Dex induces transcription of luciferase driven by the fragment. Deletion of the GRE distal to transcription start site was sufficient to abolish Dex induction of luciferase. Also, chromatin immunoprecipitation reveals recruitment of GR to distal GRE with Dex treatment. We conclude that Dex increases VDR and vitamin D effects by increasing Vdr de novo transcription in a GR-dependent manner.

• JedRothwell I recommend to read the literature on the efficacy and safety of vaccines, especially on how host factors strongly influence vaccine efficacy and how the T-cells which were previously viewed as the hallmark of the adaptive immune system are now viewed as critical in the regulation of the innate immune system. And please do not listen naively to what the mainstream says about vaccination, in the same way you advocate lenr-canr to have an informed opinion on LENR. You can start with the studies mentioned in this article (note: VitD is here just taken as an example):

https://illuminateketaminecent…fective-than-flu-vaccine/

A vaccine typically works if the host has a well working responsive immune system. Therefore priority should be given to the latter, less to the former, or at least vaccination should go with the promotion of a healthy immune system (e.g. test for markers of the immune system, such as VitD, Zn, Se, Mg together with a CBC, provide recommendations to support the immune system, and then only vaccinate the person). I would go even further to vaccinate the person only as a last resort because more and more evidence exists that if the host has a well working responsive system, then the utility of vaccination itself becomes questionable.

• You can start with the studies mentioned in this article (note: VitD is here just taken as an example):

https://illuminateketaminecent…fective-than-flu-vaccine/

Interesting article, at first glance, although hard to find the mentioned studies when the references have been removed.

Also, the author has some ‘history’:

The medical watchdog site Quackwatch has criticized Mercola for making "unsubstantiated claims [that] clash with those of leading medical and public health organizations and many unsubstantiated recommendations for dietary supplements."[9] Of Mercola's marketing techniques, oncology surgeon David Gorski says it "mixes the boring, sensible health advice with pseudoscientificadvice in such a way that it’s hard for someone without a medical background to figure out which is which."[10]

Phyllis Entis, a microbiologist and food safety expert, highlighted Mercola.com as an example of websites "likely to mislead consumers by offering one-sided, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading information."[19]

In 2016, Mercola agreed to pay up to $5.3 million restitution after federal regulators complained that he made false claims about tanning beds that he sold.[20]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mercola

• The evidence for adding dex (dexamethasone) to our anti-bat collection of antivirals seems pretty good if as Fm1 has revealed the biochemical mechanism of up-regulation of D3 receptors, thus making D3 more effective. Similar synergistic actions between HCQ, Ivermectin, Zn, D3 and antibiotics azithromycin, clarithromycin or doxycycline are also to be expected from their known individual sites of action, coupled with other antivirals remdesivir and avigen. Supplemented by quercitin, sutherlandia, nigella, angelica and sceletium etc. When will the WHO realize the potential of a complete Anti-bat therapy? All they have is weak evidence that nothing works based on a large number of clinical trials wherein these drugs were trialled only in isolation and not in combination and hence rejected because of lack of statistical significance. And furthermore most of the WHO study was based on patients in an advanced state of COVID symptomatology before any of the therapies were trialled. When are they going to begin to have some common sense and stop thinking with their bank balances?:)   

• I've started into that reference paper and it is fascinating and informative!

There is no authorship or date given with the 'original' overview article at youngofficial.com. Now I'm wondering if Dr. Mercola himself wrote it!

• Open letter from medical doctors and health professionals to all Belgian authorities and all Belgian media.

"We, doctors and health professionals, wish to express our serious concern about the evolution of the situation in the recent months surrounding the outbreak of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. We call on politicians to be independently and critically informed in the decision-making process and in the compulsory implementation of corona-measures. We ask for an open debate, where all experts are represented without any form of censorship. After the initial panic surrounding covid-19, the objective facts now show a completely different picture – there is no medical justification for any emergency policy anymore.

The current crisis management has become totally disproportionate and causes more damage than it does any good.

We call for an end to all measures and ask for an immediate restoration of our normal democratic governance and legal structures and of all our civil liberties."

• Edit: Um what he’s a Democrat? My head just exploded.

Yes. The party welcomes weirdos. I mean diversity! It welcomes diversity!

“Yes, I surfed that crowd! To the haters - stay mad!

What does this mean? Here is how I parse it. This is what I suppose these people think:

1. COVID-19 is not real, or the threat of it is exaggerated. It is fake news.
    2. Masks and social distancing are not needed. Masks don't even work. That is what Trump himself said.
    3. People who want us to wear masks are "haters," because they know that masks don't work and their real goal is to curtail our freedom.
    4. We enjoy defying these people and making them angry. We do this by gathering in large crowds without masks and by crowd-surfing.

I myself am angry at them because they are a threat to public health. A threat to me, and to other people. If they were only risking their own lives I would be much less upset. It is a free country and if you want to smoke cigarettes or go "free soloing" cliff climbing without ropes, that's your business. It is like the difference between driving without wearing a seat belt (risking only yourself), and driving drunk (risking innocent drivers in other cars).