Brillliant Light Power Posts Demo Video

• @stefan

The most likely way to get the gain and the power is mismeasurement. It's Rossi's stock in trade. Why not Mills'?

A question to Mary and Jed. Was the validation method of such a bad quality that, if they where honest, could miss out a COP of 100, would thatbe possible judging from their ability to handle technology because that is what is obvious. They have quite a technological skill.

To speak generically so as not to have Mr. Smith delete my response, if a result is extremely unlikely, it can be obtained dishonestly or with abject stupidity. Often, an outside observer can not tell which it is or whether it could be some unholy combination of both. You know of whom I speak-- an obscure professor of no accomplishment somehow affiliated (though at very low level) with a world famous Italian university.

Not only can you not miss a COP of 100 at high power but nobody can miss it, provided the power is sustained (continuous). Assuming it is not blatant fraud (and one can not make that assumption), mismeasurement and miscalculations are common when high power is pulsed. This can be due to artifact or instruments operating outside their normal and calibrated ranges. Also, anything with that sort of COP should be able to loop energy back to the input in suitable form and with appropriate control and would not require input power, hence COP=100 is the same as COP=infinity. The same argument applies to Rossi's megawatt plant claims. BLP claims are, as usual, confusing and poorly documented. Mills has been making similar but less grandiose claims for more than 20 years! You can be patient and wait a year or two to see if he has commercialized anything, properly tested anything truly independently, yadda yadda yadda. I am essentially certain that you will not know any more about the validity of Mills' claims in two years than you do now. Meanwhile, the investors continue to spend and Mills continues to make money. As he has for 20 years now. Without making anything properly testable, much less marketable. Draw your own conclusion. See also: Eestor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEStor see section on inability to demonstrate claims... same sort of thing (substitute word starting with "f" or "s" for "thing")

PS: If Smith deletes it, I will publish this on my own blog.

• Mary, I appreciate your scrutiny, but I think it is a stretch to lump Rossi and Mills together. Look at the quotes below from BrLp's press release today. You would not see AR do something like this. Is the SunCell a highly speculative piece of technology that may never see the light of day as a commercial product? Perhaps yes. But these are University level researchers that are validating the performance of the SunCell with different methodologies. Maybe they are all wrong with their conclusions, or maybe not. Time will tell...

Using four cross-confirming methodologies, five validators have confirmed over a million watts of plasma power developed by BrLP’s so-called SunCell® at power gains of over 100 times the power to ignite the Hydrino reaction, and at power densities higher than any previously known energy source. Dr. Randy Booker, physics professor and former Physics Department Chairman at University of North Carolina-Ashville said, “The power was measured using two optical power measurements involving three sophisticated spectrometers calibrated against a National Institute of Science and Technology traceable standard and two thermal methods involving a commercial calorimeter and the rate of the rise of the water coolant temperature of the SunCell®. All four methodologies cross-confirmed the production of megawatt scale power that was continuous in the case of the SunCell® with spectacular commercial potential. Moreover, the unique and characteristic spectrum from the optical tests of essentially purely high energy light emission over a predicted range confirms the hydrino reaction as the source of the power.”

One of the validators, Bucknell Professor Dr. Peter Mark Jansson PE remarked, “An objective review of the progress BrLP has made over the past decade in the development of their proprietary hydrogen-based technology indicates that they have achieved an understanding of the fundamental parameters that must be controlled to create a sustainable and energetic reaction of their atomic hydrogen fuel and catalysts. They have made landmark progress in creating demonstration devices that prove the concept of their generation technology with promise of becoming continuously operating prototypes in the near future. The creation of these consistently replicable experiments where input power is multiplied by 65 to 150 times is a remarkable achievement. The input power for these respective experiments was 8.02 kW and 10.45 kW with corresponding output power peaks reaching as high as 521 kW and 1.56 MW. Although these energy bursts were on the order of 1 to 3 minutes in duration I was able to observe a more continuous, sustainable reaction experiment that lasted over 7 minutes, other validators were able to observe operating SunCells® for over 30 minutes in duration.”

• @Mary, The Rossi affiliated professors did used weak words in they conclusion. What bothers me is that Mills professors back the conclusion fully no weak words, strong words.
    It also bother me that approaching 5 professors to participate in a scam and not one of them backpedal and blow the scam is beond me. That whole idea is pure
    definition of a conspiration theory e.g. very unlikely to be true due to getting a significant amount of people to participate in a conspiration (in a free country) is
    unlikely. I agree that we should demand scientific proof for a scientific conclusions. But we also need to decide about preparing for the event that a scientific proof
    that Mills has what he says he has become materlized. I also agree that closing the circut, put the stuff in a Tesla and have a lot of fun is the ultimate proof that it all
    works. IN the end I wan science to be cool.

@Deleo,
    Getting the light bulb idea working is interesting and but there is always a plan B to make steam to close the circuit, And to do this is much much easier so I don't think that
    if people are honest that this would not result in a product that generate electricity.

• I doubt that the professors are scamming just as I doubt that the Rossi Swedish professors (AKA blind mice) are scamming. They may not be the brightest light and Mills pays them to do the work so it's probably not objective. Someone wrote up Janssen on another forum and I asked him to post it here or let me cross post it. Wait for that maybe. The professors from Rowan University did particularly bad work bordering on silly and stupid, in the past. I did read those when they came out and they were absurd. More on this later.

• I wonder if the power to melt the silver at startup should be subtracted from the power total output. What would Jed think? Is that a fraud move to include that setup power?

Silver can be added to the droplets. But as I said in a very old quote: Silver is tricky because it will sooner or later put a mirror layer on top of the high power pw-modules or any screen in between. Whether a magnetic screen may help must be shown first.
    In the demo he obviously did not use silver, because no current was reported! May be he will end up in the heater business too, but with a certified COP of 100!

• One problem that Mills hasn't solved yet is keeping his tungsten electrodes from vaporizing. The SunCell does not run long before it melts down.

I suggest at way to remove destructive levels of heat from those electrodes: use a heat pipe. A heat pipe might be made to operate at 3400C, but it would be custom product and it might be possible to build.

Unless Mills solves the electrode meltdown problem, he has nothing but a capital raising demo in the SunCell.

• "Thicket" is the pseudonym of an expert on hydrogen-nickel reactions which he uses for industrial production-- he's a chemist, if memory serves, in a refinery maybe. I'll ask him to post it again. Anyway, here is a crossposting with permission of what he had to say on the Moletrap. You can see the original here: http://www.moletrap.co.uk/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=2788&page=1#Comment_796104 (you need to apply for membership to post on the Moletrap but no reasonable request is refused and of course, it's free and you can use any pseudonym you like)

• Silver can be added to the droplets. But as I said in a very old quote: Silver is tricky because it will sooner or later put a mirror layer on top of the high power pw-modules or any screen in between. Whether a magnetic screen may help must be shown first.
    In the demo he obviously did not use silver, because no current was reported! May be he will end up in the heater business too, but with a certified COP of 100!

Mills talked about silver disposition in the video. The SunCell uses a tungsten ball to convert the XUV to visible light through black body radiation for the PV cells to convert to electricity. The silver vapor will condense on this ball which stands between the arc and the PV cells.

• In this experiment, http://www.rowan.edu/colleges/…pers/pdf/files/paper7.pdf -- proper calibration *is* obtained, something Rossi consistently avoided. And accuracy of measurement is demonstrated. However, the experimental runs show the power falls off quickly with time and according to Thicket, who should know, the amount of energy pictured can be accounted for by known and entirely "conventional" reactions of Raney-type nickel and hydrogen. Thicket says some of the Rowan papers have been withdrawn, he thinks in part because of his analysis, a la Thomas Clarke for Rossi's claims.

The other failing in this work which I commented on six years ago somewhere, is that nowhere does Rowan or Mills try to regenerate the "fuel". My guess would be that this requires more energy than was obtained from the reaction. This is what you would expect if it was regular chemistry. They somehow forget to mention whether or not this was done.

This is about the 2008 stuff. As to the current experiments by BLP, it seems to me that they are just dumping huge amounts of current in a small space. I'd expect a lot of heat. Nothing strange about that. And given how much power is involved, and that it's transient, it would be difficult to measure with accuracy.

• Mills talked about silver disposition in the video. The SunCell uses a tungsten ball to convert the XUV to visible light

Are you sure that he used tungsten? If yes then I would ask everybody in the audiance to check again for radiation safety...

Tungsten LENR reactions are well known to be very nasty...

• Are you sure that he used tungsten? If yes then I would ask everybody in the audiance to check again for radiation safety...

Tungsten LENR reactions are well known to be very nasty...

Mills said that he prototyped in stainless steel but has contractors ready to produce the design in tungsten.

• The BLP saga still attracts the attention of some newbies and presumably some dumb investors. BLP is like a festering wart that won't go away

MY: Is famous of re-posting angry/jealous/hate comments underdogs.

But we all wait for a product of BLP, announce to shine up this year. And if it does not happen somebody else has to take over. That's usual, business...

Hate is the believe of weak, and mind disturbed persons. I don't like such posts, but may be the insane take over...

• Mills has been taking millions of dollars a year from investors for decades and has produced absolutely nothing tangible. I think his theories are fantasies. And you're surprised I dislike people and claims like that? You don't see me lambasting radical inventors like those at Bloom, Tesla, Google and Apple, do you? I admire them. In my opinion, Defkalion was a festering wart and so are Rossi and BLP. I agree with Thicket who has the credentials to evaluate BLP which I admit I do not, for the most part, though I can evaluate some of Rowan's tests and they suck for the reason I said.

IMO, there will *again* be no product for sale to the public or industry from BLP this year and none for the next decade or ever. All they will ever do is gorge themselves on the money of not overbright investors. Exactly like Defkalion and Rossi and probably Brillouin/Godes as well.

• ssuming it is not blatant fraud (and one can not make that assumption), mismeasurement and miscalculations are common when high power is pulsed. This can be due to artifact or instruments operating outside their normal and calibrated ranges.

With a gain of 100, there is no reason not to measure at the wall socket. I think I could get on board with a result from BLP showing the following:

1) bomb calorimeter measured output energy > chemical
    2) input energy measured at the wall

For a commercial system, you need to take into account any losses of transformers etc... It must be measured at the wall.

• With a gain of 100, there is no reason not to measure at the wall socket. I think I could get on board with a result from BLP showing the following:

1) bomb calorimeter measured output energy > chemical
    2) input energy measured at the wall

For a commercial system, you need to take into account any losses of transformers etc... It must be measured at the wall.

Mills must produce a steady reaction to get that 100 COP. But that reaction would be damm hard to keep going without melting down the reactor. Cooling such high heat has been done with rocket nozzles, but that took engineers awhile to figure out how to do that tech.

• @Mary, God history lecture there. As you said indeed it looks like a natural explanation could be attributed to the old setup and was not excluded, which you would
    try to do. Maybe COP 100 is difficult for a spike. You do raise a good question. Is the light comming from a natural welder reaction? One interesting thing is that the
    light and most energy is in the Black Light region e.g. very short wavelengths. That is not normal welder light. The video with a glowbox that first just showed a dim
    light then as the vapor filled the glowbox a blackbody radiation started to appear from the whole box orginating from the blacklight hitting the gas and then reemmitting
    as blackbody. I have never seen that kind of a feature from a welder. This needs an explanation. Remember that many people thought that the camera was saturated to
    fool an effect in earlier demos. This was not the case, it was the blackbody of the vapor that had to develop in order to produce visible light. You might still be critical
    and that's fine. But I would like to know how this light could be generated. The peak is obvious in the spectra and the video shows it all in action. Of cause EUV frequencies
    can be present as others commented, but getting the peak there is whats remarkable. The voltage is not enogh to accellerate charges, a black body would be too hot and
    there is no spectral lines that could explain this light as I understand.

• @axil I agree that it is uncertain that you can solve the heat problem just by material sciences. But if this thing works you can always lower the effect
    to avoid melting. You would not be able to get a 3500 degree light bulb (- cheez scaling up light technology 1000x on a whim will lead to challanges. If
    I was in Mills shoes I would start up a CFD team to try understand if this is doable. His time table is way too optimistic evaluation of upscaling difficulties).
    But you would be able to produce nice hot steam. So if he has a COP of 100 today than tomorrow we would guaranteed electricity generated in power
    stations at least.

• Is the light coming from a natural welder reaction? One interesting thing is that the
    light and most energy is in the Black Light region e.g. very short wavelengths. That is not normal welder light.

http://www2.mpq.mpg.de/APS/dat…ationen/LupettiMattia.pdf

See page 55

The XUV light is coming from the polaritons formed by the silver nanoparticles that are being produced by the condensation of silver plasma. The small sizes of those particles produce very high frequency XUV light. The presence of hydrogen as a dielectric is what produces the SPPs in the silver vapor condinsate.

The light is intense at 10^^14 watts/cm2

• One problem that Mills hasn't solved yet is keeping his tungsten electrodes from vaporizing. The SunCell does not run long before it melts down.

Near the end of the video, during the Q&A, he talks about this problem and says they have a solution that is based on the halogen cycle. Here is a link to a site that talks about how this keeps a halogen bulb's filament from burning out too quickly.

http://www.litetronics.com/lig…e-halogen-cycle-work.html

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.